JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)

Exclamation Calling all quad injectors!!!!

Ok, heres the deal. I think I finally got the balls to hit my quads. I have searched a ton but I want a straight up answer. What are the chances of hitting a vein or nerve. (I cringe just thinking about it)
    And how bad does it really hurt? I dont mind pain, but knowing that something is going to hurt makes me uneasy.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    I've only done three shots in my life, but all three were quad shots...as will be the next 27. So far, they've been smooth and painless for the most part (some day after soreness on the first shot, but not since). Wish I had more experience to help out more, but I've been lucky thus far...i just use common sense as to where sensitive areas might be, nerve-wise. I don't shoot up too high where i can feel the tickle of a paintbrush...and this is how i planned where to shoot months before i ever took a shot , nor too far on the inside where i get the same sensation, but rather right on the "sweep" where i felt the least neural feedback, so to speak, from the little paint brush.

Screenz is offline Junior Member
    Do it bro I love quad injects I do mine as close to my knee as possible never had any pain

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    hit right on the teardrop or where it should be and you will be good. sometimes i go higher up but i tend to stay around that one area in particular.

Farmer is offline Member
    I haven't done any cycles yet...but from what I've learned from talking to my bros about is just take your finger or even better a pointy not so sharp object and just jab around on your thigh until you find the area that is least sensitive. This will help you find a spot to inject that doesn't have a whole lot of nerves.

Peace

Farmer

spm162 is offline Associate Member
    IMO quad shot are the way to go. I would rather see exactly what I'm doing, rather than twist my body and rely on mirrors. Only recently have I started doing glute injections, due to scar tissue building up in the quad area. I first shave the area with a razor so that I can visualize any veins on the surface. (I'm assuming you already know what area to inject and what area not to inject). Then I sit down with my leg fully extended, and slowly insert the needle. It's really no big deal at all and I prefer this to any other way. In my last 5 or 6 cycles, I never hit a nerve and maybe a few times went thru a vessel.

platinum is offline Associate Member
    just bumping the advice of the other bros.

I've never had an issue w/quad shots.

H BOMB is offline Senior Member
    i sit in a good lighted area and sit in one chair and put the leg i'm gonna stick up on another chair so your leg is straight across and won't be moving around.

i look for visible viens and then flex my leg. i look at it and see were the meatiest part is. then relax it and stick. you should go somewhere near the middle most muscle there.

you can draw an imaginary line by your teardrop and then one way high on the quad and pic a spot btw them

spm162 is offline Associate Member
    I inject in the upper outer portion of my leg. The way I find my injection spot (this sounds stupid but it works!) is to make a fist and only extend your forefinger and thumb in the shape of an "L". Then put your thumb on your hip bone so your forefinger is pointing to the ground. At the tip of your forefinger is apporx. where you should inject. This sounds a little confusing, but it works!

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I've never hit a vein in the quad but I have hit a nerve a few times. Its funnier than it is painful.

Originally posted by EXCESS
    I've never hit a vein in the quad but I have hit a nerve a few times. Its funnier than it is painful.
    Funny?!?!? Maybe I am just not as hard core as you!

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quad shots are the only ones I will ever do. They are the easiest way to inject. There's no twisting around all that crap. The other good thing is that the quad is so big you have more room to move the injections around and prevent scare tissue build up.

Good luck and just do it!

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    nerves arent that bad, its more of a sensation that you have an extreme aversion to rather than pain. just stand with your arm hanging limp, and shoot where your thumb touches your thigh. good luck bro.

Mr. Burns is offline New Member
    IMO, quads are the best and easiest place to inject. Just don't work your legs the same day you inject into them.

Maximus_Pecs is offline Associate Member
    I like the quads the best. Last week of a 15 week cycle and have had only one slighty painful injection in the quad. I'm using 22G 1.5 inch needles and go in all the way.

Pinch is offline Associate Member
    i love quads... its the only injection where you can just sit down and use both hands... i can hold it VERY still and inject very slow and not get sore at all the next day...

I've hit a nerve before, i actually injected about 1/2cc until my leg started tightening up..

so i just pulled the needle out and jabbed in a different spot (yes it was wiped with a alcohol swab!!!)

the best place for quad injection is the side of your thigh, mid thigh... DONT inject at the teardrop for gods sake, ouch!

Pinch is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by monstercojones
    nerves arent that bad, its more of a sensation that you have an extreme aversion to rather than pain. just stand with your arm hanging limp, and shoot where your thumb touches your thigh. good luck bro.
    the best advice ever...

i just tried ur standing and arm hangin method, and it touched exactly where i usually inject

dansteelman is offline Member
    Quads are great for me...If I hit a nerve i just push deeper in the muscle and suck it up

Originally posted by JDawg1536
    Funny?!?!? Maybe I am just not as hard core as you!
    Picture this: You've got a 1 inch needle almost completely inserted into your quad, and then all of a sudden your quad contracts so quickly that the needle tip is barely under the skin. It feels like a mild shock, nothing painful. I just pull out, change needles and hit the other quad. Don't fear it because it'll eventually happen to you and you'll just laugh it off.

NEO-OEN is offline Associate Member
    Yeah, man so far quads are the easiest shot. 25 guage one inch and you dont even feel it go in. Im a firm believer, although Im starting to enjoy my delts too..

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Ive done over..oh 200 shots at least in my leg (damn ED and 2ED shots!)

I have went THROUGH a vein once (gushed when I pulled out, funny stuff!)

Never have I been in a vein. I have shot on everyplace imagineable on the quad. Nerves are common though..I just go slow

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, to me the most painless shot is in the Glutes. I never once had a problem. the last few weeks I've switch to the Quads and I always seem to be hitting a nerve. It's not painful, but like everyone else has said, it's a sensation, but its a weird feeling! I cringe everytime I have to do the injection, but I'm going to take some of the advise from above and try it. (No matter the feeling, no matter the pain, it's all worth it in the end)

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    this thread about sums up my opinion of quad injections...

http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...threadid=51576

alright, i have benn convinced. i will do my first quad shot a week from monday. my friend is also going to be cycling with me. he wants to know if he can use 5/8 needles in his quads.(they are pretty small, like 22") Thanks for all the replies! I love AR!

Syphon is offline New Member
    Hit my first quad shot last night. It was a breeze and also work out on legs same day.

Originally posted by JDawg1536
    he wants to know if he can use 5/8 needles in his quads.(they are pretty small, like 22")
    Go with a 1 inch needle for quads.

darklurker88 is offline Junior Member
    What happens if you do hit a vein? Can't you inject it anyway? Im assuming by what i have read that you should avoid it because of the pump i would get. Is this correct?

Phreak101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by darklurker88
    What happens if you do hit a vein? Can't you inject it anyway? Im assuming by what i have read that you should avoid it because of the pump i would get. Is this correct?
    NO NO NO! I've read some horror stories about guys moving the needle and puncturing a vein while they are injecting...I believe it was Big Texan (sorry Tex if Im wrong) who was telling a story about how one time his chest started to really tighten up during a shot and he got this awful taste in his mouth, then started coughing uncontrollably...he then realized he had been injecting into a vein. Keep the roids out of you're heart! Inject into muscle only!

WS6_KID is offline Associate Member
    Yeah I think I hit a vein last night in my quad, it was very pain less I usually let an ice pack sit where i'm going to inject for about 10 minutes (while I draw from the vial) then I run my gear under some hot water for about a minute. It went in very very easy with no pain, I aspirated and starting shootin then right after I took the needle out I got this gawd awful taste in the back of my mouth like I just took a hit from an asthma inhaler. It doesn't feel as bad as you think I was very slightly nausious for a short while afterward but it passed and i'm fine

Sorry bout the long sentence

WS6_KID is offline Associate Member
    Oh yeah I also felt the "urge" to cough, kinda feels like if you run really hard and your winded, If you inhale really deep you know how you kinda get that horse cough? its like that....

codenamecastle is offline New Member

Exclamation Keep in Mind

Something to keep in mind for all your injections: Do NOT bury the needle to the hilt!! I hear people saying they are using a 1.5inch needle, "all the way in". Picture this, Quad contracts, needle breaks, tough explanation. As a surgeon, this week (past 7 days), I have removed 2 separate needles broken off in muscle tissue secondary to steroid use . Do yourself a favor, leave a bit exposed just in case.

Fashioncore1 is offline Associate Member
    Good advice codenamecastle. I had a needle break once when trying a glute shot. I had it in 3/4 of the way and had my brother take it out right away. Tweezers got it right out.
    Now my main spot is the quads. I like to see where i stick the needle. It's a bitch to twist your body around, even if it hurts less.

Duckmanfoochew is offline Junior Member

Thread Information