BimBamBoom is offline Associate Member

Doctors or those well informed...

I have kind of a hard question to find an answer to but I'll give it a shot....
    When I was about 14 years old I had alopecia areata, which in short is loss of hair in patches primarily on your head, luckily I went to a dermatologist in time and got it treated with a series of shots. I experienced a bald spot on the back of my head about the size of a quarter which lasted quite a while before i got it diagnosed by this doctor. You could imagine how embarassing this was for me as a child and hard to explain to other kids. I also had a larger patch of hair missing on my leg which also got treated and returned to normal after a while... well supposedly the cause for all of this was a combo of stress and/or depression according to the doc....but he also told me there are other undeterminable factors that could cause it that they werent exactly sure about...
    well i had noticed it returning on my face about 2 months ago so i had scheduled an appointment to see the doctor but then something happened and i missed that particular appointment so i had to reschedule......
    well as that time past i am now 5 weeks into my cycle and i have noticed a marble size patch of hair loss in the back of my head...

here is my confusion.... i had the signs of this returning, but on my face, prior to starting my cycle.... so it had nothing to do with that.... but my question is to those that might know.... does testosterone aggravate alopecia areata by any chance... i know this is not exactly common knowledge but if anyone might now the answer to this i would appreciate that information.... thanks to all who take the time to read this

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Hard to say. Your condition is caused by W.B.C. attacking the hair follicles and most AS related baldness issues are caused from DHT. Whats your cycle?

Now AS can lower the immune system for periods of time and the production of more WBC to overcome that could possibly cause your ailment to be aggravated.

My cycle is as follows:
    1-10 Test Enanth. 500mg/week
    1-10 Eq 400mg/week
    8-12 wins. 50mg/ed

week 6 starts sunday

clomid following cycle of course....

MPB has been asscociated to EQ and Winny many times(winny also being a DHT derivative) and Test can't be ruled out either.

YOu know, honestly I don't know. I think that the possibility of a rebound in WBC to increase the dip in immune system from AS could be the reason; but I don't think their is a way to possitively figure it out.

AS doesn't cause MPB but it will increase the rate that it occurs so I would suggest seeing you doc about it (if you can talk comfortably about it). I don't thin their is a way to find out but a blood test to show WBC count might give a clue.

Also, MPB usually starts around the hair line or rear middle of the head. Is the balding spot in an odd location?

yeah, it isnt male pattern baldness, all in my family have a full head of hair.... it is just a very rare condition that I had and has returned, alopecia areata, this in particular is just hair loss in patches, like the first time it happened to me at age 14 it was on the back of my head, it was the size of a quarter, just that spot, COMPLETELY bald, not a hair in that little circle, and it later happened on my leg, i had both taken care of.... i noticed it starting again on my face near where my sideburn/facial hair start growing, and that was prior to the cycle... but now i am 5 weeks in and just two days ago noticed a small patch on the back of my head about the size of a marble... thanks for the help so far

Yeah, a buddy of mine had it a few years ago and has managed to take care of it. Shitty ordeal bro.

If it's the AS, then I can only see it being a rebound in W.B.C. to pick up the immune system. If thats the case, I would expect it to fade.

thanks for the information, i had no clue about the white blood cell thing... but it makes sense, being that the doc said it was due to stress and depression which are both hard on your immune system... im assuming it will go away once i stop, and im due to get the shots for the hair loss in 2 weeks.... gladly its not as painful as INJECTION to the head sounds... ha, thanks for the information man... glad to see there are people willing to help and give good information to people like myself...

btw, is that a salvador dali in your avatar?

Originally posted by BimBamBoom
    btw, is that a salvador dali in your avatar?
    You know your surealism. Yea, he's my favorite artist. A little strange but his work goes with my personality in a way.

he is on my favorites as well....
    ever heard of rob gonsalves
    check out some of his stuff... rather interesting

http://www.progressiveart.com/gonsalves_page.htm

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Salvador Dali is the shit! He and Picasso are 2 of my favorites.

Originally posted by Big Rush
    Salvador Dali is the shit! He and Picasso are 2 of my favorites.
    Did you know Dali hated Picasso. Their is a painting by Dali thats called "potrait of Picasso" thats pretty frickin ugly. I'll be using it as an avatar at some point.

Thread Information