Exclamation Mid cycle - sick for 10 dayss ...should I stop?

Im in the middle of a cycle....(Test &var) and I was getting great results - up until I got sick. We have no heat in our house at the moment so Ive been sick for about 10 days - havent been to gym in 8, and I feel like I have a few days to go before Im better......so my question is --- should I stop my cycle and start PCT? Or stick with it? Any advice.....

Oh and the main reason I ask - is because I am having trouble eating obviously - so that hinders the muscle.....I feel like it already shrank lol

Gaspaco is offline "The Italian Stallion"
    Hey man!

Happened to me, continue with your test drop the var until you will be ready to workout.

yea thats what I figured.....cause the test is even easy to take --- right now takin Var pills is hard --- i cant get anything down

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sorry to hear about your illness DG. There are so many damn bugs in circulation right now. I've seen numerous cases of influenza, pneumonia, and bronchitis in the past two weeks and had to hospitalize three patients for severe illness.

Two weeks ago I was hit with a cold virus. I thought I had the bugger beat by last Wednesday but by Friday night I was down again, this time with what I suspect is bronchitis - and I'm still fighting it!!!!

Stay on your gear. It'll actually help limit catabolic states and reduce muscle waisting. Obviously eat as much as you can stomach. Avoid simple sugars. Drink at least a gallon of water. If you have vitamin C, E, and A you can double your doses for a week. 50mg of zinc daily for 7-10 days will elevate your immune response and help battle your virus. These things aren't the magical cures some claim them to be but they will help strengthen your natural immune responses.

Stay warm. Layer your clothing if central heating is a problem right now. Acetaminophen or ibuprofen will help reduce fevers and any peripheral pain. I prefer ibuprofen over acetaminophen because of the hepatotoxicity but for short durations acetaminophen won't be much of an issue (especially if you are stopping the var for now).

The best thing is rest. If you push yourself in the gym too soon you could delay your recovery.

Hope your recovery is quick!

EDIT: you can take 100mg of zinc for up to 7 days.
    Last edited by MuscleInk; 02-06-2013 at 03:00 AM.

RoadToHuge is offline Associate Member
    This is great info.

Thx MuscleInk

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Happy to help guys! Being sick is no bueno!

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    Sorry to hear about your illness DG. There are so many damn bugs in circulation right now. I've seen numerous cases of influenza, pneumonia, and bronchitis in the past two weeks and had to hospitalize three patients for severe illness.

Two weeks ago I was hit with a cold virus. I thought I had the bugger beat by last Wednesday but by Friday night I was down again, this time with what I suspect is bronchitis - and I'm still fighting it!!!!

Stay on your gear. It'll actually help limit catabolic states and reduce muscle waisting. Obviously eat as much as you can stomach. Avoid simple sugars. Drink at least a gallon of water. If you have vitamin C, E, and A you can double your doses for a week. 50mg of zinc daily for 7-10 days will elevate your immune response and help battle your virus. These things aren't the magical cures some claim them to be but they will help strengthen your natural immune responses.

Stay warm. Layer your clothing if central heating is a problem right now. Acetaminophen or ibuprofen will help reduce fevers and any peripheral pain. I prefer ibuprofen over acetaminophen because of the hepatotoxicity but for short durations acetaminophen won't be much of an issue (especially if you are stopping the var for now).

The best thing is rest. If you push yourself in the gym too soon you could delay your recovery.

Hope your recovery is quick!

EDIT: you can take 100mg of zinc for up to 7 days.

I took your advice - stayed on gear - cause I agreed while the test wont make me bigger while not in the gym, it will stop me from losing the muscle - and you were right -- I didnt lose a stitch of muscle. I felt better yesterday and today I just did a "test lift" (I keep dumbells in my hallway an once a day i do ONE SET as heavy as I can to see where my stregnth is at different times of the day). ANd I put up what I was putting up 2 weeks ago....

The good news - being sick made me dropped 2% bf lol

Thread Information