Polska is offline Anabolic Member

Angry Help...I just SHATTERED an amp trying to open it, FUCK!

I just lost $17 of sust down the drain. I scored the neck of the amp with a nail file and used a bic cap to crack it open. worked 2 days ago, now the thing shattered in my hand! So now next to having a huge bleeding cut on my thumb im out an amp... vials are so much easier..
    what's the CORRECT procedure for doing this bros??

palme is offline Rosie Member
    $17!?

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Invest in an amp opener. Works beautifully. Sounds like you didn't score the neck enough. I usually score the neck until all the "white" mark is gone. I score it so much sometimes it breaks off without me even having to put the opener on it. Like break when I am trying to score it. Little more practice and you will be an amp opening pro. Sorry to hear about your loss, just one of those things we all go thru. .

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by palme
    $17!?
    Ditto!

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    I just take 10 seconds and score the neck with a nail file, then snap it off with some cloth to prevent cutting my hand. I know how hard it is to break amps though, I stepped and cracked 3 prop amps once, that sucked.

BTW: $17 an amp is insane bro.

I paid $17 CAD per amp of russian sus, which is the only price i could get it... my source is legit though, so I didnt bitch. it equals about $12/amp in USD currency.

What else do you guys use to score the neck? It seemed as if i was scoring it for awhile with the nail file and never really getting anywhere

Also.... where do you score it? right at the top or at the very bottom of the neck where it meets the wider part of the amp?

Fuck bro $12/amp is still overpriced...i pay $6 for nile and $6.5 for karachi...

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    The going price for Sust in Western Canada is $18...and that's regulated by the H.A.! They dictated the prices with a few scare tactics.

Where can a person buy an amp opener?

wimp is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Bobby Flay
    [B

Where can a person buy an amp opener? [/B]

FEAR.COM is offline Banned
    your conversion from american to canadian is way off!!! You dont know much so here, $1 dollar canadian=$1.10 usd. So to burst ur buble more $17 per amp is funny as hell to even hear that u got ripped like that!! $7 bucks an amp is good but i guess u know what ur doing cause im just a newbie!

FEAR.COM is offline Banned
    WIMP, amp openers at GP & RK aiight bro!
    Last edited by Rickson; 05-10-2003 at 03:31 PM.

BIG R is offline Member
    Hey Polka....Sorry that was too easy to make a joke out of.
    OK...
    Polska,

I never had problems with brittle amps until this year with some Paki SUST. I have to open them with Kelnex gentle like. I've had the tops break into a Million pieces almost 50% of the time.

with your 1st finger and your thumb hold on to the tip of the Amp. use the opposite hand's 1st ans 2nd finger to hold the bottem end. Only use pressure with the hand on the TOP of the amp (the two fingers). You may still break the top half but the barrel and of the amp will be safe and that is what we are concerned with.

Be gentle you ANIMAL!!!!!

Peace R

BIG R is offline Member
    Fear. com,

No Offence but FEAR.COM was the WORST movie I ever saw!!!! The only thing that kept me from leaving after feeling so ripped off was the Blonde hot ghost asking, "Do you like to watch?" "Do you like to play?" in a deep sexy voice.......other than that it was like Chinese Water torture.

R

Yeah fear.com was a shitty movie, however i think his refering to the website fear.com...

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    get an amp opener. also id never pay over $10 an amp. i usually get them for $8
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Not trying to flame Fear.com...but a $1.10 conversion rate!!! Maybe in 1973!! At least 1.6:1 ratio. Check out any bank.

Originally posted by FEAR.COM
    your conversion from american to canadian is way off!!! You dont know much so here, $1 dollar canadian=$1.10 usd. So to burst ur buble more $17 per amp is funny as hell to even hear that u got ripped like that!! $7 bucks an amp is good but i guess u know what ur doing cause im just a newbie!
    The Universal Currency Converter is what I used to convert the amount. 1 CAD = 1.10 USD?? bro no flame but you must be confused...

In terms of getting good gear, I don't think paying $17 CAD an amp is outrageous over here. It's around what they go for so I am not complaining. Personally I'd pay any reasonable amount if it ensured that I was getting good legit gear, and I am, so I am not bitching.

wizzie2118 is offline New Member
    whats this shit it dont snap off like durateston shit man i have 8 more dura and than i start my cytahos damit.

flex321 is offline Member
    I open my amps with a steak knife. I score them abit and then I wack em with the blade to break it. Only lost one amp so far.

I got some kharakis and niles and haven't done them before. I hope my procedor for opening them works on these.

bronzebeefcake is offline Associate Member
    Well bros I use a jigsaw blade...I just bought the one with the most teeth and it works great...Also I use the cap from my girls lipliner to crack the tops off...Seems to have better leverage and tighter fit to top of amp...Works better than the pen cap though nothing beats an amp opener...

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Polska

In terms of getting good gear, I don't think paying $17 CAD an amp is outrageous over here. It's around what they go for so I am not complaining. Personally I'd pay any reasonable amount if it ensured that I was getting good legit gear, and I am, so I am not bitching.
    That's true bro, you are cool with the price and aren't bitching so we shouldn't get on your case. But anabolicfitness.net has an amp opener, they are good people.

Originally posted by bronzebeefcake
    Well bros I use a jigsaw blade...I just bought the one with the most teeth and it works great...Also I use the cap from my girls lipliner to crack the tops off...Seems to have better leverage and tighter fit to top of amp...Works better than the pen cap though nothing beats an amp opener...
    I definately dig the jigsaw idea.... I want something that would score really well, shit.. I get more nervous when it comes to opening the amp than when i actually shoot the fucken sauce.

Hey Polska...I phoned London Drugs and they gave me the name of a medical supply store that carries them. They're like $4. I'm going to invest in one on Monday.

London Drugs? As in London, Ont or London, England?

Sorry dude! Maybe you guys don't have them out east. They're like a Shopper's Drug Mart here in Western Canada.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by FEAR.COM
    your conversion from american to canadian is way off!!! You dont know much so here, $1 dollar canadian=$1.10 usd.
    Are you retarded!! Where in the blue hell are you getting your information?!?!?!? If you're going to tell sombody they "don't know much" you had better get your facts straight first, because all you did was make yourself look like an ass!!

As of today the current exchange rate is $1.00usd = $1.3887cdn...and this is as close as it has been in decades. As of 3 months ago, the rate was closer to $1.00usd = $1.54cdn.

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    the hell with all that i hold the amp in my hand and pop the fucking top with my thumb like it fucking titanium alloy steal. you have to do it with confidence bro. be one with the amp. own the amp. rule that fucking amp. then destroy that fucking top like it took your sisters virginity

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    Oh yea and when your finger got cut I would have soaked up every ounce of that sust right into the cut....then ran around the neigborhood knocking over every trash can you came across. If someone came outside and told you something run up and tackle them as hard as you can and when you get arrested say you were practicing for football and he wanted to do tackling drills

Buff2def is offline New Member
    Oh yea and when your finger got cut I would have soaked up every ounce of that sust right into the cut....then ran around the neigborhood knocking over every trash can you came across.

You are funny as hell. LOL!!!!!

I agree I would have soaked my cut in the sus.
    I say never take a loss....

Train Hard

Buff!

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    I always make sure to work on the amp with a nail file on every edge and spend around 5 minutes to be thorough. It beats losing an amp! The top always pops off nicely and never has one broke. A friend of mine uses a cigar cutter

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    I use the top of a pen cap. It works every single time! Pops right off...

twisteddendrite is offline New Member
    WRAP A PIECE OF SCOTCH TAPE AROUND BOTTON, KNOCK TOP OFF WITH KNIFE, IF IT DOES SHATTER YOU WONT LOOSE ANY

Power-BB is offline Associate Member
    Wow you guys get stuff damn cheap. I've payed 13 per an amp of omnadren but i needed 2 more so I went to another guy since my first source is mad shady. Ended up paying 20 per amp there. I'm pretty pissed but these are the only guys I know. Sucks to be me

Thread Information