JBrah is offline New Member

Steroids @ 20 yrs old? Cycle of testosterone. Thoughts?

I'm thinking of doing a cycle of test when I turn 20 this year... I know this is kind of young, but I have VERY big dreams when it comes to bodybuilding. The level I want to compete at requires steroids to be taken... By my 20th I would have been lifting for almost 2 years. I eat the same macro's every day and am currently cutting to 10% BF... when I do the cycle of test I plan to be bulking... Thoughts on this?

Also, is it better to do either hypertrophy or strength training when taking test? Currently I'm doing SS 3x5 and making some nice progress despite the fact I'm cutting.

Thanks in advance guys?

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    How big are your dreams when it comes to performing with a girl, or having children, or a multitude of other setbacks and complications? Dont do it man. You'll be back here crying for help faster than a Bugatti Veyron.

Read this thread bro..

The Young and Steroids

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...s#.UHBeIa7X_fs

Cycles Gone Wrong for the Young

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...*#.UL2db2fX_fs

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Spend some time on here reading and you will understand!

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    almost 2 years of training? Seriously that is nothing, you don`t need to risk your future health for this.

likelifting is offline Senior Member
    When I think back to when I was 20, I think about going to the gym and lifting but mostly it was about fvcking chix. A cycle didn't cross my mind.

JBrah is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    How big are your dreams when it comes to performing with a girl, or having children, or a multitude of other setbacks and complications? Dont do it man. You'll be back here crying for help faster than a Bugatti Veyron.

Read this thread bro..
    The Young and Steroids

Cycles Gone Wrong for the Young
    Well that just scared the sh*t out of me... I think I will wait until I'm 24... and I will do a LOT of research first... seeing as a lot of problems seem to be from not a proper cycle/no PCT... thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    almost 2 years of training? Seriously that is nothing, you don`t need to risk your future health for this.
    Okay, well by the time I'm 24 I would have been training for 6.5 years.

Fllifter is offline Associate Member
    Good choice op. stick around and research !

Quote Originally Posted by JBrah View Post
    Well that just scared the sh*t out of me... I think I will wait until I'm 24... and I will do a LOT of research first... seeing as a lot of problems seem to be from not a proper cycle/no PCT... thanks

Okay, well by the time I'm 24 I would have been training for 6.5 years.
    And rightly so, it should! Good call buddy!

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    [QUOTE=MickeyKnox;6392466]How big are your dreams when it comes to performing with a girl, or having children, or a multitude of other setbacks and complications? Dont do it man. You'll be back here crying for help faster than a Bugatti Veyron.

Hey, I agree here, And 2 yrs is nothing really and at your age. you haven't seen what your mature body can do yet. But your planing to fast. Just listen, read, eat sleep and train like a tiger for a several more years. ... crazy mike

Iron-56 is offline Associate Member
    [QUOTE=crazy mike;6392511]
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post

Hey, I agree here, And 2 yrs is nothing really and at your age. you haven't seen what your mature body can do yet. But your planing to fast. Just listen, read, eat sleep and train like a tiger for a several more years. ... crazy mike
    Right on. I'm more concerned with the fact that you have been only training for two years. Wait till ur 23 birthday.

op wait till you are 25, then you will have 7 years of training and will be able to take full advantage of your diet and training knowledge from the get-go

CanYouDigIt is offline Banned
    atleast wait 2-3 years, 20 your still at your peak, you stop growing around 23 fully done at 25.. so give it another 2-3 how ya doing and when you jump on that cycle you'll be a beast.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Good work Mickey

lifeofdefiance is offline Associate Member
    I agree with waiting but not necessarily because of your age. Yes, you are young, but I did my first cycle at 21 and was fine. I've also known several friends who have cycled even younger with 0 complications. As long as you know what you're doing and you are diligent about being meticulous with your cycle (down to every little detail) I don't think there's anything wrong with cycling at 20. Sure there are risks, but those never really go away, even when you're older. At 20, you're likely not gonna grow anymore so for most people that's hardly a concern.

But like others have said, you've only been going at it for 2 years. At least wait 4 or so because then you will have a better idea if the risks are really worth it to you. I've known plenty of people that just got sick of the gym after a couple years and quit. Not saying that's gonna be you, but you never know what life might have coming up. No sense risking your health and spending a bunch of money to cycle when it might not be worth jack shit to you another 5 years down the road.

Tasmaniac is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeofdefiance View Post
    I agree with waiting but not necessarily because of your age. Yes, you are young, but I did my first cycle at 21 and was fine. I've also known several friends who have cycled even younger with 0 complications. As long as you know what you're doing and you are diligent about being meticulous with your cycle (down to every little detail) I don't think there's anything wrong with cycling at 20. Sure there are risks, but those never really go away, even when you're older. At 20, you're likely not gonna grow anymore so for most people that's hardly a concern.

But like others have said, you've only been going at it for 2 years. At least wait 4 or so because then you will have a better idea if the risks are really worth it to you. I've known plenty of people that just got sick of the gym after a couple years and quit. Not saying that's gonna be you, but you never know what life might have coming up. No sense risking your health and spending a bunch of money to cycle when it might not be worth jack shit to you another 5 years down the road.
    You're on the wrong track.
    My good mate cycled when he was young. He looked great. Benched 500lb, he was massive. Then in his mid 40s BAM! Dead. And that's the risk. You cycle young and you **** your body up, close your growth plates and cause all sorts of problems LATER ON

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeofdefiance

I respect your input and appreciate that you've advised OP to wait, if for no other reason than his limited training experience.

The problem with citing anecdotal experiences is that we can find any example to support our reasons to cycle or not. Does everyone who cycles before the magic number 25 endure complications? No. Does this mean then that everyone who cycles before their endocrine system has reached maturity will not have any complications? No. Just as you cited examples of kids (sorry, young men) who cycled at young ages and haven't had any problems (at least not that they know of YET), there are plenty of threads here from young guys who have screwed themselves up. Moreover, some of our vets here would be the first to tell you THEY DID cycle at a young age and now have permanent problems to deal with.
    I've met people who have smoked and never developed cancer. I've met people who smoked and developed cancer. I've met people who never smoked and did develop cancer. So what do we conclude from this? Well, I certainly would never condone smoking.
    I'm not trying to imply that taking steroids is just as dangerous as smoking....however there are risks regardless and such risks are most certainly weighted more heavily against those who manipulate their endocrine system with steroids before it has fully developed.

Again, I respect and appreciate your view and input, but I'd be very reluctant to encourage younger guys to cycle before they have reached maturity. You can take all the precautions you want and be as meticulous as possible, but you have no way of really knowing what the risks are of shutting down a developing HTPA....until it may be too late.
    Last edited by MuscleInk; 02-15-2013 at 02:05 AM.

lifeofdefiance is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    I respect your input and appreciate that you've advised OP to wait, if for no other reason than his limited training experience.

The problem with citing anecdotal experiences is that we can find any example to support our reasons to cycle or not. Does everyone who cycles before the magic number 25 endure complications? No. Does this mean then that everyone who cycles before their endocrine system has reached maturity will not have any complications? No. Just as you cited examples of kids (sorry, young men) who cycled at young ages and haven't had any problems (at least not that they know of YET), there are plenty of threads here from young guys who have screwed themselves up. Moreover, some of our vets here would be the first to tell you THEY DID cycle at a young age and now have permanent problems to deal with.
    I've met people who have smoked and never developed cancer. I've met people who smoked and developed cancer. I've met people who never smoked and did develop cancer. So what do we conclude from this? Well, I certainly would never condone smoking.
    I'm not trying to imply that taking steroids is just as dangerous as smoking....however there are risks regardless and such risks are most certainly weighted more heavily against those who manipulate their endocrine system with steroids before it has fully developed.

Again, I respect and appreciate your view and input, but I'd be very reluctant to encourage younger guys to cycle before they have reached maturity. You can take all the precautions you want and be as meticulous as possible, but you have no way of really knowing what the risks are of shutting down a developing HTPA....until it may be too late.
    That's true and you bring up some good points. I guess all I'm really saying is that I think there are certain circumstances when it's alright for someone to use steroids before 25, but only if they have many years of training and have assessed the risk and are willing to put the proper dedication into cycle. Obviously though waiting is the best case, unless you are very dedicated to training and dead set on running a cycle. I can't say I regret cycling before 25, but if complications had arose, I definitely would, so I see where you're coming from certainly. I think a lot of the bad stigma comes from so many young people running cycles with absolutely no clue of what they're doing and then messing up their hormones due to lack of PCT. Not saying that they aren't at a higher risk, but I've read far too many threads from younger people who just injected some stuff into themselves with absolutely no concept of what it even was and so that plays a large role in their screwed up hormones.

To conclude, most people under 25 just aren't at a point in their life (experience or maturity wise) to run a cycle, but I do think their are some exceptions to that.
    Last edited by lifeofdefiance; 02-15-2013 at 02:16 AM.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeofdefiance
    That's true and you bring up some good points. I guess all I'm really saying is that I think there are certain circumstances when it's alright for someone to use steroids before 25, but only if they have many years of training and have assessed the risk and are willing to put the proper dedication into cycle. Obviously though waiting is the best case, unless you are very dedicated to training and dead set on running a cycle. I can't say I regret cycling before 25, but if complications had arose, I definitely would, so I see where you're coming from certainly. I think a lot of the bad stigma comes from so many young people running cycles with absolutely no clue of what they're doing and then messing up their hormones due to lack of PCT. Not saying that they aren't at a higher risk, but I've read far too many threads from younger people who just injected some stuff into themselves with absolutely no concept of what it even was.

To conclude, most people under 25 just aren't at a point in their life (experience or maturity wise) to run a cycle, but I do think their are some exceptions to that.
    I'm inclined to agree. Many of the problems with younger guys comes from a lack of education and the maturity needed to be committed to all parameters of training. As you know, building the near perfect physique is much more than pinning steroids . It's about nutrition and training more than anything else and many young guys often lack the discipline and commitments required to be successful and limit risks.

I think it's important that the younger guys understand we aren't trying to dissuade them, rather encourage patience until they have reached a level of mental and physical maturity to accept the responsibilities and dedication needed to be safe and successful.

Thanks again for your valuable input and experiences!

MI

Very, very good discussion and your input both "MuscleInk and lifeofdefiance" right on. Do you guys also weigh in the lack of maturity of the joints. You all know the guy's strength is going to increase faster than the other body parts and bones can handle. Being an ectomorph even in my late twenties and early 30's I grew faster than my thin/skinny bones and joints could handle and suffered some complications. Tendonitis, knee and shoulder damage, because I was lifting way to heavy for what my body was used to all my life. So in my OP that is also a consideration and maybe an important one. Who, when on cycle will not go for it every time they can. You know how excited, and energized a person can get on cycle at any age. This has been my true life experience. ...crazy mike

Sociabear is offline Junior Member
    I started at 19.
    I had been training sense roughly 15.
    I was prepping for my second show - I had an extremely experienced guy helping me. Who is the same guy to this day who helps me out.

Will I ever be able to have kids? Not sure, I'll cross that bridge when my wife and I get there.

I have no health problems to date. I'm on as we speak. I never really go off, I had one year break at 22 when I was broke.

With all that taken in I can tell you I still would have waited if I knew what I knew now. My diet and knowledge now is 150% better than it was back then. I should have focused on that more and always advise people to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Sociabear View Post
    I started at 19.
    I had been training sense roughly 15.
    I was prepping for my second show - I had an extremely experienced guy helping me. Who is the same guy to this day who helps me out.

Will I ever be able to have kids? Not sure, I'll cross that bridge when my wife and I get there.

I have no health problems to date. I'm on as we speak. I never really go off, I had one year break at 22 when I was broke.

With all that taken in I can tell you I still would have waited if I knew what I knew now. My diet and knowledge now is 150% better than it was back then. I should have focused on that more and always advise people to do the same.
    How old are you now? Do you come off at all for a few weeks? Also how long have you been doing that? I'm just curious. I have three kids and four grand kids. I have a vas when in my 30's. If you were curious you cold get your sperm checked to see if you have any sociabears swimmin around in your muck, haa ...crazy mike

Sociabear is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy mike

How old are you now? Do you come off at all for a few weeks? Also how long have you been doing that? I'm just curious. I have three kids and four grand kids. I have a vas when in my 30's. If you were curious you cold get your sperm checked to see if you have any sociabears swimmin around in your muck, haa ...crazy mike
    I am 25 now. I cleaned out for 2 months this year ( ran igf , ghrp, mod grf ) to prepare for my blast and cruise year long show prep this year.
    I was on from 19-22
    Off 22-23 ( I ran OTC pro hormones )
    Been on ever sense. I usually bridge with orals.
    This will be my first year straight with injects - hgh and insulin ( goal is to go pro by 30 at the latest)
    Yes my wife and I have had that discussion about checking the swimmers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sociabear View Post
    I am 25 now. I cleaned out for 2 months this year ( ran igf , ghrp, mod grf ) to prepare for my blast and cruise year long show prep this year.
    I was on from 19-22
    Off 22-23 ( I ran OTC pro hormones )
    Been on ever sense. I usually bridge with orals.
    This will be my first year straight with injects - hgh and insulin ( goal is to go pro by 30 at the latest)
    Yes my wife and I have had that discussion about checking the swimmers.
    Got it, how cool..Thx....c mike

PS: I would check ASAP so you could do some possible planning. Plans change but good to have goals with everything. No much to have is checked, easy to do and you'll know if it's still possible. It would be harder to handle both by you and your wife it the time comes and then you find out when she and you are ready and phsiced to have kids.Good luck ...crazy mike
    Last edited by crazy mike; 02-17-2013 at 12:27 PM.

MuttonChop is offline Associate Member
    I'm thinking of doing a cycle of test when I turn 20 this year... I know this is kind of young, but I have VERY big dreams when it comes to bodybuilding. The level I want to compete at requires steroids to be taken... By my 20th I would have been lifting for almost 2 years. I eat the same macro's every day and am currently cutting to 10% BF... when I do the cycle of test I plan to be bulking... Thoughts on this?

Also, is it better to do either hypertrophy or strength training when taking test? Currently I'm doing SS 3x5 and making some nice progress despite the fact I'm cutting.

Thanks in advance guys?
    Just the fact that you are still making progress on Starting Strength means that you have a long way to go. Come back when you bench goes up by only 5 lbs every month.

Not removing the spotlight from your age here, but you already know about that. I would give completely different adivice to a guy making noob gains at 20 vs. a guy who has trained for 6 years before 20 and wants to be pro at 25.
    Last edited by MuttonChop; 02-17-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post

I'm not trying to imply that taking steroids is just as dangerous as smoking
    ....however there are risks regardless and such risks are most certainly weighted more heavily against those who manipulate their endocrine system with steroids before it has fully developed.

Great line in bold. It's funny how smoking is so so much worse than cycling but the public and medias have their priorities backwards and up their rectums.

ElectraMaddox is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Sorry to deviate a little bit from this but what I think is interesting is guys growth plates generally don't close until 25 where almost all the articles I read about females that one two years after puberty a females growth plate closes and for the last bloomers generally by 18 a females is fully developed... I def think that's true I was 12 when I hit puberty and by fourteen I never grew taller, my feet are still the same size ... That just baffles me... The difference in men and women is like a decade...

The Bear 79 is offline Banned
    And girls are generally about 10 years smarter than guys..............

ElectraMaddox is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bear 79 View Post
    Yeah I actually agree with that I get along really well with guys who are in their mid thirties

Chelsea Grin is offline Junior Member
    I'm thinking of doing a cycle of test when I turn 20 this year... I know this is kind of young, but I have VERY big dreams when it comes to bodybuilding. The level I want to compete at requires steroids to be taken... By my 20th I would have been lifting ft or almost 2 years. I eat the same macro's every day and am currently cutting to 10% BF... when I do the cycle of test I plan to be bulking... Thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance guys?
    I feel you OP... I'm 20 about to be 21 and wanted to cycle cause all my boys have and their diets and training regimens are absolute s***, but they still look solid. I've posted a couple times on here about starting a cycle cause i get fed up with my friends they're obviously getting bigger and stronger than me at a much much quicker rate, even though like i previously said Im much more dedicated. However the vets on here have scared the f*** outta me and Im gonna hold off on AAS until later on. Despite the fact my friends dont have any sides now Im sure they will as time passes by and you gotta ask yourself is it worth it? Think of it like this.. juicing now you most likely will lose your gains as youre still perfecting your diet, I learn each day. Not only that but no sex drive is a dealbreaker. Do yourself a favor stay natty til youre of age by that time youll have way more successful cycles, better results, and not as great of a risk

No, they mature faster than men. You have your facts mixed, unless you were stating your personal opinion. Mature here refers to brain development changes. Men's brains keep on changing until they are about 28, when they reach "homeostasis". The reason women mature faster is because they could potentially have to raise children from as early an age as 13 (youngest mother recorded was around 9 or so).

Quote Originally Posted by ElectraMaddox View Post
    Yeah I actually agree with that I get along really well with guys who are in their mid thirties
    What about guys in their mid 40's?

iSwanson is offline Junior Member
    Bear is that you in you AVI? If so your a ****ing beast bro. You're about the size of a damn bear.

Thread Information