anahny is offline Associate Member

Isotretinoin/Accutane dosage???

Wanted to know what thesstandard dosage for helping with acne?? Although I read about the sides, from people experience what is the most common sides?

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anahny View Post
    Wanted to know what thesstandard dosage for helping with acne?? Although I read about the sides, from people experience what is the most common sides?
    My doctor started me at 40mgs ed and now at 60. He will keep going until he feels the need to stop. If you're self prescribing, ive been told that 20mgs eod will subside acne, although wont cure it permanently. For a cycle, it should be fine.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    10mg daily works great with minimal sides. Start at 20mg daily, then lower the dose once the acne is gone to keep skin clear.
    I did this last year for 6 months and have had very few zits since, even when running decently androgenic cycles. My back used to look like a pizza, even off steroids .

anahny is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    10mg daily works great with minimal sides. Start at 20mg daily, then lower the dose once the acne is gone to keep skin clear.
    I did this last year for 6 months and have had very few zits since, even when running decently androgenic cycles. My back used to look like a pizza, even off steroids.
    OK thanks guys. I'll start off around 20mg ed

belva is offline Member
    When I use it followed by a dermatologist he prescribed me from 0,5 to 2mg/kg for 15 to 20 weeks, he made me do 8 months at the end.
    I started at 40mg/day and increased of 20mg every month untill 80mg/day.

This is whay my dermatologist told me to do (I had severe acne, he followed me for 4 years and then prescribed me isotretinoine):
    My bodyweight at that time was 82kg

First month 40mg/day
    second month 60mg/day
    third month 80 mg/day
    4,5,6,7,8 th month 80mg/kg

I did blod work every 2 months to ensure that the liver was ok. I never experienced acne again. I guess he could have prescribed it a little bit before.

Thread Information