Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    joe_capone is offline Member

my doctor just ratted me out..

he calls my mother and tells her i took a/s. what the fuck is up with that?? i thought i could be str8 with the doctor. btw just got my blood work results back and everything seems fine. why i told him i took as was coz i was in his office alot of times for check ups it seemd obvious to him. i was just being as safe as possible but oh well now my mother bitching at me telling me to eat more veggies instead of taking juice.

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    how old are you bro? maybe you can sue =)

im 22 man.

halifaxsteve is offline Member
    yeah...how old r u?

doesn't really matter that much tho...ur doc broke a very serious code of conduct

i would report him to the college of physicians and surgeons (Canadian and Ontario, i'm assuming u r in ON)...they should be in ur phone book...

if u r under 16, then he might be able to justify it, but seeing as you've been training for 7 yrs and 3 cycles, i would think that u r over 18, in which case, i would consider legal action, and finding another doctor!

good luck!

mammoth is offline Member
    Sueing your doctor would be like calling the cops and telling them that you had some heroin stolen from you, and you want to press charges. It probably wouldn't be wise to try and sue the doctor seeing as how you told him you were doing something illegal to begin with. Just chalk it up as a memorable experience and move on to another doctor. Just my opinion though!

thats what i was thinking mammoth.

5minsforfighting is offline Associate Member
    Bro thats seriously fucked up ...i know if that was in the states i would clean house and then take him to the cleaners.... goodluck whatever you decide

Mammoth is correct to some degree, however...take for example a defense lawyer, even if he knows his client is guilty, it is still his legal obligation to keep his mouth shut...same goes for your doc...

in order to get his license to practice medicine, he has to agree to abide by certian rules and ethics..he crossed the line anyway you look at it

you should still report it to the college of physicians and surgeons

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    aren't steroids legal for personal use in Canada?

Originally posted by dizzle
    aren't steroids legal for personal use in Canada?
    Ya know what, I think you are right! HeHe Oh well!

Originally posted by halifaxsteve
    Mammoth is correct to some degree, however...take for example a defense lawyer, even if he knows his client is guilty, it is still his legal obligation to keep his mouth shut...same goes for your doc...

in order to get his license to practice medicine, he has to agree to abide by certian rules and ethics..he crossed the line anyway you look at it

you should still report it to the college of physicians and surgeons
    Actually doctors have a duty to report anything that they feel is life threatening. In the US a doctor could probably get away with doing this if he felt the patient was a danger to himself or others. Its just like guidance counselers at school. If a student goes to them and tells them that they are in a situation that could be dangerous then that counseler has the right to report what is necessary. Alot of people would do it simply to avoid any liability.

I would love to hear from DocM or HeartDocMD about this! Maybe you guys could shed some light here!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I wouldnt sue, i would kick his ass and torch his beemer. You never tell anyone´s mom, no mather what it is!

mammoth, another good point...

some ppl who don't research AS use and get stupid with it prob do need a kick in the ass...but nobody needs to ratted out to their mom

In this case, i don't see how he could have been considered a risk...considering the situation, he posed no risk to the public, and in my opinion, showed a great degree of responsability in his approach to AS use, through steady medical follow-up. the doc would have a hard time arguing this...

his doc is a dick...period...he needs a kick in the nuts...report him

Originally posted by halifaxsteve
    mammoth, another good point...

some ppl who don't research AS use and get stupid with it prob do need a kick in the ass...but nobody needs to ratted out to their mom

In this case, i don't see how he could have been considered a risk...considering the situation, he posed no risk to the public, and in my opinion, showed a great degree of responsability in his approach to AS use, through steady medical follow-up. the doc would have a hard time arguing this...

his doc is a dick...period...he needs a kick in the nuts...report him
    I agree that he probably was not a risk to himself or others, but that doesn't mean that the doctor wasn't overzealous. I agree that the doctor was just being a dick and probably does deserve a swift kick in the gonads, however I don't think he could be sued.

Dirk D. is offline Junior Member
    Your doc is bound by patient confidentiality if in the US, unles your 18 or under living @ your parents home. I beleive you can sue him if he does break this aggreement. You may want to check this issue out. I see you live in Canada, so things may be different there?

the same basic rules/principles apply in canada...

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Steroids are classified as a Class 4 drug in Canada...they are legal to possess and use but illegal to traffic. You have absolutely no legal worries!!

He totally broke the client - doctor confidentiality rule. You are a grown up and can make your own legal decisions without your parents knowledge/consent.

Personally I would phone the College of Physicians and Surgeons and ask them who you should contact in your case of a doctor's gross misconduct. Take it from there. It's the only way to get people like him to smarten up! I would also ask for an apology letter from the doctor. Be persistent!

Next time you see him...give him some back alley justice!

JC! I feel like flying over there and kicking his chiclets in!

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah, there's absolutely no reason he should have told your mom. Your an adult, and that's just like if some random person called his office and he told them about your usage, too. This guy did a big thing really bad and should be called on it!

At the same time, though, it would suck to draw any more attention to what we do, even if it shows that we do it responsibly. Just a thought.

-moto

Antti is offline New Member
    Originally posted by mammoth

Actually doctors have a duty to report anything that they feel is life threatening.
    But do they have a duty to report anything that they feel is life threatening to your mother? There's no reason for him to talk about your private issues with your mother. He crossed the line and if you sue him you have got the stronger hand.

I would not sue him (hey this is Canada, no point in sueing anyways, most judges still have a brain here and do not award insane bullshit settlements), it's just too much trouble.

BUT

I would certainly report him to his professional association (The ontario college of physicians and surgeons) for breach of trust.

Here are the rules:

http://www.cpso.on.ca/Policies/confidentiality.htm

And I quote:

"The Medicine Act, 1991 (the Medicine Act) is the profession specific Act which governs the practice of physicians in Ontario. Various regulations were made under the Medicine Act including the Professional Misconduct regulation, Ontario Regulation 856/93 (O.Reg. 856/93). The Professional Misconduct regulation states that disclosing information about a patient may be an act of professional misconduct unless specified circumstances exist._

Specifically, subsection 1(1), paragraph 10 of the Professional Misconduct regulation states that:

giving information concerning the condition of a patient or any services rendered to a person other than the patient or his or her authorized representative except with the consent of the patient or his or her authorized representative or as required by law is an act of professional misconduct.

Info on complaints:

http://www.cpso.on.ca/Info_Public/compform.htm

If you wanna check if you have a valid issue, they got an info line: 1-800-268-7096 ext. 615

Send them a complaint by registered mail. He should get a reprimand at the very least. With luck he may have his license suspended a week or two (ack he may miss a payment on his porsche!)

Red

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah report the mofo!

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    Report the prick! He has a god complex, and needs to be brought back to reality!!!!!!!!!!!

SLUMPBUSTR is offline Associate Member
    i dont know about every where else but the other day when i went to get looked at for my gyno they made me sign a sheet and right down all the names of people who info could be given to. they said if there name wasnt on that sheet they wouldnt be able to give out a damn bit of info about me

Got Gear? is offline Member
    Lol... Some people on here have some strange ideas!

Legal trouble? Even in the states? That's very laughable. It's illegal to take steroids . It's NOT illegal to HAVE TAKEN THEM. If the president can admit to having smoked pot in his youth, you can admit to having taken steroids in the past. You CANNOT be charged with anything. Just don't admit to smuggleing them into the country or anything like that. In fact, refuse to answer any questions on the matter because it does not pertain to the case.

Sue him. AND report him. He broke a golden rule.

Mammoth. Your example about him being a threat to himself or others is somewhat valid. HOWEVER, the doc is still not allowed to inform the family without permission. He must go through a 3rd party, he's not allowed to give that information out to someone who knows the patient. And even then, if it's only a threat to himself often there's nothing that can be done. IE) Drug use. Heroin for example. You'll never see a Doc have the ability to inform the patients family that this patient has a heroin problem. (so long as the patient is of age). The same thing goes for pregnancies.

Definatly Sue him tho. Even if it's just you pressing charges without a lawyer. The Doc will not want the publicity and will want to settle out of court. You may not get all that your entitled to, but you'll get at least enough for your next cycle.

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    If the doctor isnt your families friend you should report him, but if he is, just beat the shit out of him.

freakishlyhuge is offline Junior Member
    tell ya what sue the guy and even if you get a little bit out of him make him pay for your next few cycles

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Joe..First let me start by saying you should think very carefully on how you want to pursue this issue..In good conscience I can say that your Doctor definitely crossed the lines of patient/Doctor confidentiality rules..He had no legal or obligatory reasons to inform your parents..You are an adult and are entitled to the rights as an adult..

I cannot imagine what his justification would be for informing your parents of this issue..He is there to treat you and maybe even offer his counsel on the use of steroids ..But in no way does that afford him the right to inform an outside party of your personal issues..This breaks every rule that I live by with patients..I don't even discuss patient information with my wife and she is a Nurse..Things are not supposed to leave the exam room unless the Doctor can articulate just cause to involve outside parties..These examples may include the commission of a homicide, child abuse on a sexual or psychological level, or the intent to seriously harm or injure an individual..Even these issues leave gray areas as to when a Doctor can break that confidnece with a patient..

My advice is to look into legal counsel..It will be a sticky issue and difficult to pursue, but you may be able to reach an out of court settlement..The Doctor will very likely want to articulate that he felt you were a potential danger to your family and that's why he informed them..It still isn't right though..I would look into this further if I were you..Good Luck!!

Doc M

The Butcher is offline Member
    Yeah, you could probably stand to report him, but I doubt you could get a lawyer to take your case in suing him. You would need to prove that you lost something from his actions. While it broke the patient/doctor confidentiality agreement, you haven't lost anything b/c of it. Unless of course your parents kick you out of the house and cut you off totally. Then you might have grounds to sue. However, if you haven't actually lost anything (other than having your mom bitch at you) you really don't have anything to sue for. Sorry to hear he ratted you out.

I say do heavy amounts of Anadrol , dbol , and cheque drops ...then go looking for him!
    Last edited by Money Boss Hustla; 05-12-2003 at 07:06 PM.

bros.. he is tight with my mother. i was soo stupid to tell him in the first place coz i had a feeling but i decied to let this out i gave it a chance. and i regret. my mom is seriously cussin the shit outta me. all day today. i cant stand it no more. i honestly duno what to do right now.. but if my mom kicks me out of here... then for sure im going to nail that bastard andmy mother can be his fucking lawyer for all i care. i dont even have $$ for a lawyer right now.. and i duno shit about this legal court stuff and i know its too much hassel but i know its worth it.. ill just give this some time... WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    bro just tell him you will report his ass in see what he does. he knows what he did was illegal hes just counting on the fact that you dont

Indeed... even if you do not take legal action against that bozo, you MUST report him to his professional organisation.

This is serious misconduct on his part and must not go unreported...

Red

BIGBOI is offline New Member
    Originally posted by palme
    I wouldnt sue, i would kick his ass and torch his beemer. You never tell anyone´s mom, no mather what it is!

Palme, U the man!!!!!!.
    That is some funny shit, i laughed my balls off.
    Torch his beemer...................lolooloololoololool

BIGBOI is offline New Member
    Originally posted by Money Boss Hustla
    I say do heavy amounts Anadrol , dbol , and cheque drops ...then go looking for him!

Bump!!!!!!

I Second that!!!!!

billr is offline Junior Member
    are you guys crazy you will ruin your life if you sue....this is just between you, your mother, and your doctor..leave it at that. you sue it will possibly be all over the place..ruin your reputation and you potentialy could get nothing out of it. Also it will raise a huge red flag. IMHO it is a stupid idea.
    billr

Here's a link that may help you find justice.

http://www.aluminumbats.com/

Power-BB is offline Associate Member
    Yeah thats kind of messed up. If this was my situation I would also go to http://www.aluminumbats.com/ =)

homeboy is offline New Member
    that fool needs to be delt with the right way.just like moneyboss said aluminum bat.com

Nickleby is offline Junior Member
    IMHO, suing the doctor will only bring about a great deal of angst between you and your family. You will not receive any payment/s, and the only good thing to come out of it would be that his name gets dragged through the AMA (or equivalent).

I would suggest sitting down with this twat, and his boss, for a bit of a pow wow and see if you can't resolve the issue amicably. What you don't want is your name being made public as it will be a blight on your future and follow you around for the rest of your life.

Also, hitting the prick won't prove anything, other than you finding yourself in jail on a GBH rap looking at time. Not a good way to go my friend.

Think smart. He's played you...now you play him. If you're smart, you'd organise a meeting with his boss, or an AMA official, you and he and then brook the issue in front of them. The doctor/patient confidentiality code is one of the oldest codes of ethics there is. He's breached this, and your trust, and must be made to pay. But be smart.

Good luck. Retribution is defined by your ability to take a breath, assess the situation, and come up with a plausible, defensible, course of action to inflict as much punishment as possible by the cleverest means possible.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    THIS IS INSANE!!! If you really are 22, then he has NO RIGHT! God dammit, these are laws, these are medical professionals, and who gives a shit whether he did the "right" thing in his medical opinion, they are BIND by law to NOT reveal anything!! FOR FUCKS SAKE if you went to a shrink and spilled your guts to him, he has no right to go around telling everyone, friends and family about your situation, in my eyes it's the same shit.

This is pissing me OFF, hell I don't care if you END UP LOSING MONEY, you take his ass to court. And if you don't want him sued, then AT LEAST report him, someone like that, who has no problems telling people confidential things ESPECIALLY since you are A FUCKEN AAAADULT, then he IS making OTHER mistakes too! No one like that even DESERVES to be a doctor!! This shit happening in Toronto PISSES me off. I swear, if this shit happened to me, I would take it straight to the highest degree I could!!!

Hooooooooooooee, that was me ranting, but, still my opinion, do wut you must.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information