sweet is offline Associate Member

HCG, how do you guys run it?

O.K., I have done a few searches and found a lot of conflicting information on how to run HCG . 500-1000 I.U. ED for 5-10 days in the middle of your cycle, 500-1000 I.U. at the end of your cycle, 500-2500 I.U. only on weekends, 500-1000 I.U 3 weeks or 2 weeks or 10 days or 5 days. There is so much conflicting info on this it's getting frustrating. So can any experienced HCG users give me some advice, how do you bro's run it?

My next cycle would look like this.

Week 1-4 Dbol 30mg ED
    Week 1-10 test e 500mg/week
    Week 5-13 fina 100mg/week

Last time I ran fina for 8 weeks I got shut down pretty good. I have been off clomid for about a month now and my sex drive is just starting to reappear. I want to make sure next time I recover faster....HCG.

Thanks,

sweet

Bump

ichabodcrane is offline Associate Member
    You are always going to find conflicting info on this topic. But remember what the main reason for using it is! That is either to prevent testicular atrophy, or to help restore the testicles after atrophy. I would much rather prevent it, than have to try and restore it. But I have done it either way and it worked (for me). But if you think about it, preventing testicular atrophy seems pretty feasable, no? This way when you come off, you will be ready to hit the clomid +- the nolva and your testes will be more acclimated to receiving the endogenous signal (LH), hence a much smoother recovery. You could do one of two approaches. One is kindof a watch and wait type of thing, where you can expect to see atrophy during the middle sometime, circumvent this by using hCG @ 500-1000 U per day for 2 weeks, then again (same regimen) towards the end of your cycle, but before you end AAS, ie. weeks 6-7, and weeks 12-13?? Or, thanks to Swale (good guy-MD who works with AAS users), you could try the 500 U on weekends only throughout cycle. I have done both of these, and I will say that 500 U on weekends did work very well. The reason I liked this one over mid cycle use, is because I didn't have to worry about if I was going to atrophy or not, cuz I never did. But, with mid-cycle use, I would start whether I atrophied or not, cuz I am comfortable enough in saying that it would not have been long until I did. But, it really doesn't matter, because you are accomplishing the same thing, and that providing the proper signal of LH so they don't atrophy (in other words, they still feel a need to function). That is why it is so hard to recover at end of cycle when you don't use hCG, and nuts have atrophied. Because they have been w/o LH signal so long, they basically went dormant on ya. So when you try using the clomid to bring on the LH signal, they are still atrophied and will not respond as well. But of course, you will always find those who say why even bother using it DURING cycle, because you are shut down anyways and hCG can't help in this regard?? Well that is correct in saying the HPTA is shut down, and as long as you have something binding the AR, hypo, or pituitary, you are going to stay shut down (dose dependent), BUT there is a difference in being shut down, and being shut down along with testicular atrophy. I don't like the thought of my nuts being shriveled up for any longer than they have to be. Trust me, they were not meant to be this way, so why let them? So, IMO, I say prevent atrophy by using 500 U/weekend (you can start safely at week 2,3,maybe even 4, and continue till d-day), or you can hit a solid 2 weeks during the mid of cycle and again towards end. Either way seems fine: you are preventing atrophy. Try both, and see what works for you. I think as long as you have a full deck of cards when it is time to hit clomid/nolva, you can pretty much bet you are good to go. But to me, it just makes more sense to keep them acclimated to receiving the LH signal (by use of hCG), so they "don't forget" so to speak. It is kindof like running your car with worn brake shoes, you can choose to keep cruizing till the brakes wear completely out and end up tearing chewing up the discs/drums and doing all sorts of damage, or you can replace the brake shoes every time they get thin and worn and keep cruizing comfortably, not having to worry about doing any further damage. Your testicles were not meant to be w/o LH signal for long durations. But by preventing atrophy you are keeping the entire system oiled and running smoothly. I am sure I will get some interesting feedback on this one, but I know what has worked for me, and many others.

Wow, thanks for the through response. I think I will give the weekend regimen a try. So that means 500 I.U. on Saturday and Sunday, starting on about week 3 and continuing until clomid?

ichabodcrane is offline Associate Member
    Yes, you can start at week 3 and continue until clomid. If you feel like you have atrophied some, you can even run a full 2 weeker towards the end at 500 U/d. But you should be fine.

Thread Information