YounGun4 is offline Junior Member

Help with Beginner cycle

OK...heres my situation...I am 18 years old 175 lbs and about 13% body fat. I bench 200 and squat about 235. I am looking for a small cycle that will give me good strength gains but also mass. I am exclusively a basketball player, and have been told by many college coaches that to be able to take it to the next level on a scholarship i need to work on strength and size. I am interested in a Deca cycle of 300 mg/week for 8 weeks. I know most people will tell me i am too young to start but I am seriously considering juicing. I am looking for a cycle with the least amount of side effects but will give me the gains i am looking for. Please give any input you have about my situation.

D.L. Abbot is offline New Member
    bro you probly need to spend a month on here reading and gatherin info........ you should probly take test enan. it is good for a first cycle...... you don't want to take deca only

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    yea bro, though i dont agree that you should be taking anything except protein and creatine at your age, if ur gonna do it at least do it right and do the research first. once you get the basics down come back and tell us what you plan. as i said above though...you are seriously chancing with your hormones.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Of course your serious, but you better understand what can/will happen to your body if you start to early!!! You can get bigger and stronger with taking protein and creatine. It's just not worth it. work on your diet, and read up on some horror stories with guys who were serious and decided to juice to early.

blakyr is offline Associate Member
    dont be stupid bro... regardless of your age you MUST do your research around hear to understand the consequences and the acutal substences themselves. DO NOT take Deca or any kind of Test at your age... you will stunt your growth and probably screw up your natual hormones... If anything look into Anavar .

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Bro at 18 your body hasn't fully devoloped and your hormones are at their highest they'll be if you can't make gains now juice isn't going to help. Deac would really mess you up. Take this time to get your diet, training and recovery down, try to get as much mass as you can before juicing.

JohnnyB

halifaxsteve is offline Member
    agree with the above.

i would suggest doing some research on the NEGATIVE side effects of deca /etc at your age, instead of just the POTENTIAL upside...see if that changes your mind!

at 18 the health risks are too high for the potential gain...be smart and play it safe.

invest that money at GNC instead...

How can Deca mess you up? i heard the side effects were minimal for that. what are some possible thing that could happen? Ive been told deca would be a good choice so i wanted to do a lil more research before starting the cycle.

What would anyone suggest then instead of deca ...

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    creatine/protein stack

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by dizzle
    <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=CREATINE" target="_blank">creatine</a> /<a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> stack
    Agreed. Creatine and protein.

PROTEIN

even with clomid therepy after the cycle of deca ...it can stunt my growth and have other effects??????????????

also....i am pretty set on this deca cycle...300 mg a week for 10 weeks bc i have ordered and paid for it already...any advice or input to help or to warn (honestly) what the worst that could happen would be great

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by YounGun4
    what the worst that could happen would be great
    Balls the size of a pin head
    Sex drive gone
    Tits the size of your head
    Zits the size of your head
    A face so bloated you could balance a protein jug on your cheek
    Scar tissue
    Nerve shots
    Stunted growth
    Premature hormonal imbalances leading to nervous system ailments and/or other skeletal, musclular and tissue damage
    unibrow
    depression
    size dysmorphia
    rage(which is bullshit but being so young, your emotional state is not developed maturly enough to handle)

I could probably go on untill my next meal

all that from one 3000 mg cycle of deca ......honestly?

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    all that from one 3000 mg cycle of deca......honestly?

Point I'm trying to emphasize is that you will never know what side effects you'll get from a cycle. Maybe one of those, maybe none of those, maybe all of those. It might be a mild side effect, or it could be one that puts you in danger. I'm assuming you don't have access to getting blood work done? And if you do, is their a doctor that you can be open with and ask questions about that blood work? It's a crap shoot bro. A man doing hormonal experimentation is both scientist and subject.
    We stress older ages to prevent the younger crowd from making mistakes that some of the members here have learned from in the past.

Kato is offline Member
    Dude, you need to listen to your elders here. They know what they are talking about. Thats what makes them SENIOR MEMBERS. I have found that there is much more involed than buying some juice and sticking a needle in your ass! Nobody is trying to dis you here. Instead they are trying to help you. If your not going to listen then you need to read and learn everything you can. Just being honest.

yes but i am asking if one cycle of deca can HONESTLY do somethin like that...one 300 mg/week cycle...i have read it has one of the least amounts of side effects out there....im not trying to be an asshole either...sorry

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    LISTEN TO PHEEDNO!! THE GUY IS STRAIGHT SHOOTING WITH YOU!! THE GUY KNOWS HIS SHIT!!

Kato is offline Member
    I honestly don't know. I am not dissing you. Nobody here is dissing you because your young. Your not being an ass either. The people on here are decent enough to be HONEST and they are giving you HONEST information. The SENIOR MEMBERS know there stuff. Dude if you are like any of us here wouldn't you rather be safe than sorry? The best thing you did was get on this board and ASK! READ AND LEARN! Good luck.

ok well im pretty sure u guys have talked me out of the deca cycle for now...does anyone know anything about the no2 supplement?????

ok one more question...once i do start this cycle...if i do it now or in a few years...what precautions so i have to take before i start and what should i watch for? i need to learn about this so i can do it right. Also, i already have the clomid for clomid therepy after...but is that enough? please help.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    stick to the supplement forum for now. And possibly come onto the steriod forum to observe other cycles/critiques from time to time. Youll learn lots! good luck

JayUzer is offline Junior Member
    yeah dude, listen to these guys. i have learned alot from the sr. members. i did a cycle of ethanate at 19 just 200mg a week for 6 weeks and it worked great. if you really want to do something first lift for a good 6 months, keep checking AR, and then maybe do a light first cycle but be super careful and make sure to ask questions. you can really fuck up your body/life with gear.....

best of luck

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I am 32 and been here 18 months and still learning each week. I might do something soon but I am only now becoming comfortable that I understand what is a good cycle for me to try first.

You read and then say this sounds right, 2 months later you learn something that makes you think you are glad you didn't do what you were thinking.

Peace!

so does this one cycle of deca for 300 mg a week for 10 weeks have a good chance of stunting growth and otehr serious side effects...bc i have heard its a mild steroid ...

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    Dude.. what everyone is basically telling you is that deca is NOT a mild steroid . what you've heard is bullshit and that's apparent by your attitude. check your PM.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    YounGun- Although deca can be considered a "mild" steriod , it is still a steriod. There is a reason for it being an illegal, controlled substance.
    Chances are you would probably be fine if you really wanted to take it, but, the side effects could be exponential for someone your age. Everyone is different.
    I strongly agree with pheedno on the sides being:
    Balls the size of a pin head
    Sex drive gone
    Tits the size of your head
    Zits the size of your head
    A face so bloated you could balance a protein jug on your cheek
    Scar tissue
    Nerve shots
    Stunted growth
    Premature hormonal imbalances leading to nervous system ailments and/or other skeletal, musclular and tissue damage
    unibrow
    depression
    size dysmorphia
    rage(which is bullshit but being so young, your emotional state is not developed maturly enough to handle)

Make the right decision and study up for at least another year or so, then consider it.

halifaxsteve is offline Member
    so does this one cycle of deca for 300 mg a week for 10 weeks have a good chance of stunting growth and otehr serious side effects...bc i have heard its a mild steroid...
    YES...IT DOES. PERIOD.

the guys don't make this shit up...you obviously haven't done enough research if you're questioning it

I personally wouldn't do Deca Alone. Deca alone with shut you down. I'd always throw in some Test. The point everyone here is making is (no matter if your 18-70 yrs old) before you make a decision like this, you should learn every single detail about what your about to take. By you asking this many questions and not knowing enough shows you should take a step back and absorb as much info as you can. I realize you already bought the stuff, but that doesnt mean you have to take it ASAP. Slow down and read.

ok guys...thanks alot for all your opinions...i have decided not to start the gear yet. I am going to hit the weights hard for a while with protein, creatine, and no2. im really glad i came on here for the help...i could have fucked up my bod bad...thanks bros...1

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    This thread has made my day!!! To those who have seen my library crusade, this guy's rational decision making and ability to take advice without turning into a whiny prick is everything I ever hoped to see on one of these threads. I'm wiping away a tear as we speak.

Thread Information