beachbod is offline Junior Member

Question about NJ State Trooper Physical

Wondering if anyone here is currently a NJ State Trooper or knows of anyone they can ask. I know they give a urine test during the physical part of the exam towards the end..is it an emit or one of the other ones that test for steriods . Any info would be helpful. I have been hearing from many people, none which were directly Troopers, that they dont but wanted to know first hand.
    Thanks in Advance

bump..

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    I will say this.... I know of a trooper that doesn't have any "Nasal" problems. And when it "snows" he smells things alot better.

As far as gear, you know when you were taking those prohormones trying to get ready to be the best trooper you can be Hell works for the NFL why wouldn't work for the PO-lice.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    NJ doesn't test for steriods , and neither does PA.
    During the testing phase that you'll go thru before you hit the academy you'll have to take a lie detector test and some of the questions will pertain to drug use, but the actuall urine test itself is a regular 8 screen drug test which only test's for the basics. Coke, pot, barbituates etc...

ItalianMuscle27 is offline Senior Member
    Mbaraso is right, they dont test for steroids . Its actually a 7/8 panel test and they are looking for.. coke, marijuana, etc. Steroid tests are very expensive and are USUALLY only done in pro sports! Then again there are exceptions. I wouldnt worry about that too much. If ya have to take a lie detector test, those can be beat! They have books on the subject. I have 2 books on it, and I would like to see if I could beat the box one day. Actually, that costs about 500 bucks to take..good luck!

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    most places dont test for steroids , and as far as the blow its out of your system in a few days so thats why its a favorite amongst piglets...Madmax

divx is offline Junior Member
    Just remember us peeps when you make it! If you ever pull someone over and they have AS, please let them go and let them keep their gear.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Yeah, like MBaraso said - you'll get a lie detector that will ask about drug use. You can beat a ploygraph - just do some searching on the subject (ie, Internet message boards) and above all, convince yourself of what you are going to say... and relax. You if you need to get a preemployment polygraph - trust me, they can be beat

Recognize control questions, the sphincter squeeze, etc... but above all - kiss the examiners ass! Probably will be some former cop contracted by the Policia... if he thinks you will be an asset - he won't write up otherwise...

Innervision is offline Associate Member
    The polygraph isnt too in depth, the main thing they're looking for is to see if your answers coincide with what you've put down on your application and your psych test. Just make sure everything matches whether you're lying or not.

JayUzer is offline Junior Member
    MBarso is right on the money i know a lot of people who went through the PA and NJ tests and they dont get tested for gear ever. way to expensive! just have to get through the lie detector and you are $$$.
    And please dont bust people with AS, get those crack heads and baby killers. BEST OF LUCK

Dirk D. is offline Junior Member
    Dude, I'm in line for a specific county medic one paramedic position and I asked the same question. I'm on deca now for an injury prescribed by ME! And it worked! No more tendonitis! anyway, it was a risk but they will not test for it and neither will most law inforcement. However, You will have to pass a poly test. There, you may or may not have a problem.

Got an answer

Well, I finally grew a sac and asked my cousin who is a NJ state trooper and did backround checks for a while and he told me there is no lie detector test and they do not test for steriods , only narcotics. Anyway, hope this helps. As long as your answers on your application match what your friends will say about you in the backround check your straight. Hope it helps.
    pz bros 1

Thread Information