jayg is offline Junior Member

redness around injection site...

Hi Guys,
    I got kind of sh**ty situation here it seems. This is my first cycle in a couple of years although I did several in the past. I had been doing my deca injections for this cycle no prob and just added test to the mix on Tuesday afternoon. Did my test injection in the quad with 23g 1. The deca shots have been glutes. Did my workout on Tuesday no prob. Woke up in the middle of the night on Tuesday night and could hardly walk or bend my leg from pain. I figured I'd wait it out to see if the pain would subside, would there be redness, heat, the usual signs.

So now the pain is getting somewhat better. I could even do an upper body workout without looking gimped. But there is a SLIGHT bit of swelling and this morning there is now distinct redness around the injection site for about a 4-5 inch diameter and some heat when you touch the skin. I still don't have a temperature though.

Keep in mind the test enth is from Texas Pharm it's 250mg and I did 2mls. Stupidly, it felt like the injection site was full after just over 1ml and I pushed the rest in anyway.

Anyone ever been in this boat? I'm wondering if I should continue to wait it out and go biz as usual.

Dirk D. is offline Junior Member
    hate to say it, but it sounds like you need to see a doctor. From everythign you described, sounds like classic sighns of infection. Either the needle, the juice, the technique, somehow, something got contaminated. Go see a doc! They are bound by the paitent confidentiality so he can't rat you out.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    DD si right

JohnnyB

Dude,

I work as a paramedic and currenlty going to PA school. YOu want to get this thing fixed asap...ASAP before you get septic! IF you let it go you WILL Get sick! So go to a doc in the box instead of your pirmary doc if that makes you feel better, BUT GET IT CHECKED OUT ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Power-BB is offline Associate Member
    That sucks bro, but better safe than sorry.

Thanks guys. What can I expect for treatment?

So I went to the doc and explained my situation. She freaked out saying that anyone who uses steroids obviously doesn't have any knowledge about them. This was both insulting and untrue. Then she told me not to waste her time and to go to my family doctor. I bet I have close to as much knowledge about them as her not that it should matter. I finally convinced her to do something for me since my family doctor takes a month to get to see. The beauty of the Canadian med system.

It just sucks that she can take my money, pass judgement like that, and then didn't even want to treat me because she didn't like what caused my infection.

Anyways, without even barely giving me a check she prescribed Cephalexin. Hopefully my health doesn't suffer over this wingnut.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    So . . . what are you gonna do with the rest of your stuff?

Well the deca and dbol I'll continue to do. The test I'm going to try to probably do again on Tuesday. I've got the antibiotics now so it won't get too bad. If it happens twice in a row then I'll get all my money back for the 3 bottles I have. I don't think there's cheap way to check to see if it's contaminated that I know of. I may get it tested just to make sure it's actually test but other people seem to think highly of Texas Pharm.

Dude, I would have slapped teh bitch and walked out! You went to the clinic for some pirvacy and medical help, not for some hollier that thou bitch to be preaching at you! Fuck her! Shit, she's a friggin doc in the box, I would have lectured her ass on the dangers of going to medical school south of the boarder. What dit take to get your med licence, a few G's and 6months in so. america...........skrew her! Next time, go to a different clinic! Once you get better, you should get some flowers and a vase. eat some exlax or give it to yoru dog. Then either shit or have your dog shit all over them and put them on her car

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Hmmm . . . before I'd use that test, I'd filter it through a whatman and then pasturize it (boil 30 minutes once a day for 3 days). Would eliminate any bugs, if that's what caused your trouble.
    But that's just me . . .

yea, If it was the test, toss it! You dont' want to go to Dr Dread again! Maybe you can find her phone number in the white pages? Then, place an add in the local paper....forsale cute puppies. Call between 6-9 pm

raoul3 is offline Associate Member
    Man I get redness and sometimes pain for a few days around pretty much any injecting spots except glutes and delts. My left bicep and quad took a good 5-6 days to subside after my first injections in those spots.

Originally posted by raoul3
    Man I get redness and sometimes pain for a few days around pretty much any injecting spots except glutes and delts. My left bicep and quad took a good 5-6 days to subside after my first injections in those spots.
    That sucks man. I've never normally had the problem.

Jay

Originally posted by Dirk D.
    yea, If it was the test, toss it! You dont' want to go to Dr Dread again! Maybe you can find her phone number in the white pages? Then, place an add in the local paper....forsale cute puppies. Call between 6-9 pm
    Problem is I have 3 bottles. They're totalling close to half a g. I think I'd rather throw out the 1 I had a problem with at most and keep the other 2. I think the lab is ok.

As for your revenge idea. LMFAO. I think I'll make it to give away puppies though and bump the hours up to call between 9-11pm. hehe.

Jay

Yea, get rid of the one bottle for sure! remember to say on the add, work from 12-8 so please call between 9-11pm!

Thread Information