Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BluPhin

Thread: Test E vs Test Prop

Devz777 is offline New Member

Test E vs Test Prop

Hey guys,

I've been thinking recently about the benefits of both compounds and would like some light shed on the topic from some guys with experience.

I like the idea of only pinning once a week with the test E (having only 1 injection a week to worry about and also the soreness would obviously be less apparent injecting once a week rather than EoD) but I do not like the idea so much of pinning myself numerous times with no effect until it kicks in weeks down the line.

My question is, would the short estered test be my best bet or would going with the long estered less regular injections be better?

Thanks in advance guys!

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Test e should be pinned twice a wk not 1 anyway i've used both and like both but i just used prop for the first time on my last cycle a few months back and loved it but the pining eod was a pain fast gains with the short est and your cycles are quicker on and off i felt my recovery was easier but some feel that with the long est it's slow and steady gains and they are easier to keep after cycle i'm not disagreeing with that.

Thanks for the advice man!

I was still unsure about that aswell as obviously I haven't pinned before haha. So the less I'm doing it the happier I'd be. That seems to throw it even more in the favour of the test prop as I'd be doing 2 250's with the test E and it would take a few weeks to kick in, where as with the prop I'd only be pinning a little more often and wouldn't have to wait so long to feel anything. Thanks again!

Anyone else got any other opinions?

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It's a personal preference there's no right or wrong answer.

Have you done a cycle before? If not, Then wouldn't hurt to start with long ester so you can become comfortable with pinning.

kawika is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnnyBlazzze View Post
    It's a personal preference there's no right or wrong answer.

Have you done a cycle before? If not, Then wouldn't hurt to start with long ester so you can become comfortable with pinning.
    I agree.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    12 weeks of test e at 2 pins per week = 24 pins

8 weeks of test prop with EOD injections = 28 pins

From that point of view it's negligible.

If you go with prop you can start your pct almost immediately and you can get back on cycle much, much, quicker.

But yes, personal preference, you might only want to pin twice a week.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

I haven't done a cycle before no. Wanted to do plenty of research beforehand and I appreciate the good information that has been given!

I hadn't looked at it like that. When you put it that way it seems the prop would suit my preferences. I'll see how the first one goes before thinking about another one just yet haha.

Thanks guys

BBrian is offline Productive Member
    What's wrong with pinning enanthate only once a week? I believe that is perfectly fine for a first cycle of 500mg per week. As I understand it, the active half-life of enanthate is 5-6 days. I understand that pinning enanthate every 3.5 days ensures more stability where blood levels are concerned, which is why I inject it twice a week, but again - it's his first cycle and a moderate dose to boot.

If you've never pinned before, I'd recommend going with enanthate. The total number of injections may not be a notable difference, but it certainly does simplify the matter, and pinning every other day may prove stressful. With that said, I use both esters in a cycle

BluPhin is offline Associate Member
    Has anyone ever cycled prop + e for 1st 4 weeks then e alone for last 8 weeks? Could that be an alternative to an oral for kick starting cycle?

BBrian is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BluPhin View Post
    Has anyone ever cycled prop + e for 1st 4 weeks then e alone for last 8 weeks? Could that be an alternative to an oral for kick starting cycle?
    You should start a new post brother, you're kindof hijacking the OP's thread. But to answer your question, absolutely.

Dougiefresh7707 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BBrian View Post
    What's wrong with pinning enanthate only once a week? I believe that is perfectly fine for a first cycle of 500mg per week. As I understand it, the active half-life of enanthate is 5-6 days. I understand that pinning enanthate every 3.5 days ensures more stability where blood levels are concerned, which is why I inject it twice a week, but again - it's his first cycle and a moderate dose to boot.

If you've never pinned before, I'd recommend going with enanthate. The total number of injections may not be a notable difference, but it certainly does simplify the matter, and pinning every other day may prove stressful. With that said, I use both esters in a cycle
    It's more like 10.5 days but everyone metabolizes things differently so it may vary I would recommend he pins 2x a week even at 500 mg

BluPhin is offline Associate Member
    Not trying to hijack anyone's thread. Just proposing a question that the OP may want to entertain
    BBrian likes this.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    If this is your first cycle you might find pinning every other day to be too much. A lot of guys just can't take it. Long ester is your safest bet for a first cycle.

I think after I've pinned the first time and realised it isn't so bad I'll be fine. In regards to the more stable blood levels, is it that noticeable of a difference? Am I going to feel really low one day then back up again when the next shot starts to come through?

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Devz777
    I think after I've pinned the first time and realised it isn't so bad I'll be fine. In regards to the more stable blood levels, is it that noticeable of a difference? Am I going to feel really low one day then back up again when the next shot starts to come through?
    The half life of Test E is about 10 days. The half life of Test P is about 3 to 3.5 days. So if you inject the Test E 2x a week or the Test P EOD (at least), then your levels will be stable and you won't notice any roller coaster effect.

Also, by pinning Test E 2x a week, you will reduce the aromatization spike greatly compared to once a week. I'd still run an AI alongside the Test.

If you don't like pinning just run Test Cyp once a week. I like Prop because the cycles are shorter and I can PCT and recover faster. When I first started cycling I found that longer esters gave me acne. Prop didn't give me as much acne. My body's used to different esters now so I don't get hardly any acne at all.

Well I would much rather run a shorter cycle. The question is would using prop as a first cycle be bad because of the frequent pinning in virgin muscles?

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by Devz777
    Well I would much rather run a shorter cycle. The question is would using prop as a first cycle be bad because of the frequent pinning in virgin muscles?
    You won't know until you start. Everyone reacts differently to injections.

Hopefully you can handle the fear and discomfort - most get over it. You also don't know how your body will handle it. You might get lumps or long lasting post injection pain.

Plus, a lot of it is mental. Some freak if they see blood or are constantly afraid they did something wrong or that their pain might be an infection.

It is a gamble. If you buy Prop and can't handle the injections you can always change to a long ester and hold your Prop for a later cycle.

Thread Information