pumpseeker is offline Senior Member

shortness of breath from dbol?

The last 2 days, my lungs have felt like they're constricted a bit. I almost feel like I have to take shorter breaths or I'll cough. My first thought was maybe it's from the dbol , and high blood pressure? (I haven't had it checked yet) The reason I thought it was the dbol is because I felt fine this morning after sleeping 8 hours, but after 2 more doses of dbol, the shortness of breath came back. Could this be from dbol?

I'm finishing up week 4 now of the following cycle:
    1-10 sust @ 750mg/wk
    1-10 eq @ 400mg/wk
    1-4 dbol@ 30mg/ED

BUMP for any ideas here ???

mistermike is offline New Member
    I noticed the same thing myself.....except that I get the feeling that I have food stuck in my esophagus and that seems to restrict my breathing. In the morning I'm fine...but after each dosage of dbol (3times daily), I get that wierd sensation. Hope this helps.

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    i get ot bad and the feeling of beeing full cuts my appetite i litteraly have to stuff the food down which makes bout half sick by the end of the night ,protein shake feels like its in the top of my throught like im super full .ive found that if i take all of thema ll at once right beofre bed is the only way to avoid this for me .

thanks for the help bros...

I decided since tomorrow was my last day of dbol anyway, I might as well stop today and see if it goes away.

My gut feeling is telling me it's the dbol...we'll see. I'll have to post up here tomorrow and let you guys know

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Pumpseeker,

What have been your results through week 4? Thanks.

Results have been great...I'm up 18 pounds and my strength is going through the roof. Last week, I did some all time best lifts. I feel like the incredible hulk in the gym, growling and shit.

But, I'm also eating big and clean as hell too.

I stopped the dbol yesterday. Woke up fine this morning, then about 2 hours later, the shortness of breath thing came back. I am dry coughing a lot and shit.

Anyone had this happen on a cycle? What was it from?

ichabodcrane is offline Associate Member
    It could be from the d-bol and putting on a lot of weight too fast. It can be hard on the cardiovascular system, especially if it increases your BP. Check your BP first to see where you stand. Your body is trying to adjust to this large gain in weight, and your heart is having to work harder to compensate. My next question is are you taking anything else besides the AAS? The dry cough thing is kindof weird. I would hate to think pulmonary congestion due to any kind of heart stress, but I doubt it. I'm not implying this to you, but when people develop congestive heart failure, their left ventricle can't pump out the blood effectively and it backs up in the lungs leading to congestion and cough. BUT I seriously doubt your condition is related to this, but just in case if it continues you might want to consider getting it checked. It could just be the initial stress of adding that much weight so fast. I know for some people, methandro cause GI upset and it could equate to gastric reflux, but you would know this because of the acid burn related with it. But that can cause a cough. Have you been doing extreme exercises where you really dig into respiratory reserves? Sometimes the effects (like when you run your ass off for a long time) can last a few days. I think dropping the d-bol was the right choice, even though it was next to your last day. But first thing you need to do is check your BP, or even better, buy a home monitoring kit. Be careful in which kind you choose. The best ones are the ones that fit around your upper arm, and you will need a larger cuff that measures 12X40cm if you have an arm > 16 inches. The actual bladder (the inflatable rubber part) needs to encompass ~80% of your arm. The best home monitor to get would be an aneroid type. This kind has the dial guage in a round clock-like device that you read by looking at the pointer which goes around like a clock hand. You have to inflate the cuff by squeezing the rubber bulb, and it has a knob to release/hold the pressure. It comes with a built in stethoscope so you can hear the heart sounds. There are also the fully automated digital ones, but I tend to find too many variances in these machines. Plus with the aneroid models, you can hear your heart to listen for any palpitations or abnormal beats. Keep a record of your BP by testing it 3-4x/day and at least 3-4x/week. This will give you a good idea where you stand, and if you need to take any further action. This is a whole lot easier than having to go in to a clinic to get it checked everytime, and in the long run will save you money.
    Good luck bro, and listen to your body. If you have any specific questions you can pm me or e-mail me: [email protected]

WOW, thanks bro...check your PMs

Thread Information