Thread: cycle and hair

swim is offline New Member

cycle and hair

hey guys.. ive been noticing my hair thinning and falling out, esp in the shower. i never did a real cycle before, just a few weeks of dbol 25mg ed about 6 months ago... then about 3 months later i did 3 weeks of winny 50mg ed. (both of these were for athletic purposes). nothing really happened to my hair on the dbol but on the winny i could see it was thinning and falling out a little. ever since i got done clomid for the winny, ive been noticing my hair just keep getting worse and i havent taken anything at all. im only 20 years old and dont want to go bald. balding is not really hereditary in my family either. im a swimmer so do you think the pool and chlorine is just taking a toll on my hair now? i planned on starting up my first real cycle for the summer- 500mg test/ wk and 400mg eq/wk... now i dont know if i should lower the test down to 250mg and keep the eq at 400mg? or keep it at 500 and 400 and add in proscar? will test at 250mg and eq at 400mg have any more effect on my hair than it is now? or should i just fuck it and spend more cash and stack something safer like eq, primo, and anavar ? what do u guys think? is it time to look into hair products like nizoral?

?

wtf?? this board is going to shit. u guys too busy replying to all the dumb questions like 'can you drink winny' or 'how big are your biceps'... instead of helping a bro with a real question out

yea im sure il get the 'get off the board' replies but whatever fuck it if i do.

im only looking for a simple reply to my post.

peace

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I have not done a first cycle yet, but looking at test 400 weeks 1-13, eq 400 weeks 1-12, kickstart with dbol 30mg weeks 1-4, and finish up with 8 weeks of var, weeks 8-15 at 40mg. Everything stacked so clomid can start at last day of var.

Anyway I have been very concerned with hairloss and reseaching for a long time. I started losing hair at 20, now 32. Hair loss is under control with my current regimine and I have even grown some back using avodart the past 5 months.

From what I have seen researching, test, dbol, and winny are all hard on the hair.

test and dbol should be able to be controlled with proscar 1.25mg or avodart .5mg. EQ is supposed to be mild on hair (guess I will find out!) and Winny can not be controlled through the use of a dht inhibitor.

Again have big concerns with this issue and will stick with Dbol/Test/EQ/Anavar while taking .5mg avodart daily, nizoral 3x per week, and minoxidil 5% twice daily.

Good luck, and if you do a search you will have hours of good info to look at. Also heard to not take a dht inhibitor if you use Deca , it only makes the problem worse.

HazyA is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by scottp999

test and dbol should be able to be controlled with proscar 1.25mg or avodart .5mg. EQ is supposed to be mild on hair (guess I will find out!) and Winny can not be controlled through the use of a dht inhibitor.

Again have big concerns with this issue and will stick with Dbol/Test/EQ/Anavar while taking .5mg avodart daily, nizoral 3x per week, and minoxidil 5% twice daily.

Good luck, and if you do a search you will have hours of good info to look at. Also heard to not take a dht inhibitor if you use Deca, it only makes the problem worse. [/B]
    Would propecia be a sub. for avodart, and you said to use a dht inhibitor with winny usage would spiro be ok?

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    why is everyone so hostile today? maybe cause its monday. oh, and swim, fuck it shave your head it will make you look tough.

sp9
    What I was saying is that a DHT inhibitor like proscar/propecia and avodart is useless with Winny. Winny is already past the conversion of test to dht so it will be hard on hair even if you are taking one of those inhibitors. I personally would never use it for that reason and am willing to spend the extra $ on var as a substitute.

Avodart is very expensive, about $72 a month if bought at sams club or costco. It is a much more effective dht blocker but proscar/propecia should do the job as well. If you go that way get proscar instead of propecia, the only difference is the dose and price, proscar is 5mg - propecia is 1mg. Divide the proscar into 4 pieces and take 1.25 mg and you will save a lot of cash.

sp9
    I have never used spiro. Some people say it works others do not. I have tried to stick with more proven methods. It may help with winny, not sure. Others would need to let you know about their experience.

HazyA is offline Junior Member
    yeah I knew that propecia was useless with winny thats why I asked about the spriro, thanks for all your help.

thanks for all the help scottp

ive been looking into proscar and nizoral, but still cant find some answers

when taking proscar during a test cycle, how long do you stay on it for? do you just taper off after clomid? some people are telling me you have to continue to take it after your cycle or youll lose the hair you wouldve lost from your cycle if you hadnt used the proscar in the first place

also... how effective is nizoral 1% compared to nizoral 2%? i know you can order 2% off line, but if 1% is almost as good then itd be more convienient in my situation

CatGrabber is offline Member
    swim....nioxin is FAR better than nizorol. It is specifically made to strip the scalp of DHT. Also, you can buy it at most beauty supply stores. You can feel it working after 30 seconds of use as well.

sp9
    If you have progressing Male Pattern Baldness then I would get on proscar and stay on it until avodart becomes cheaper or something better comes along. Proscar will take a couple of weeks to reach maximum DHT suppression so start it before your cycle. You could quit after you cycle but why? Proscar for me kept me from loosing any more hair for over 5 years. Then I switched to avodart and have had even better results with regrowth. Proscar has over a 10 year saftey record. It stays in your system for about a day and if you do get side effects they stop as soon as you stop taking it.

Keep in mind Nioxin is a commercial treatment, meaning it is all natural and not a Medicinal Treatment. There are no published clinical studies on it. Nizoral is a Medicinal Treatment and there are clinical studies to back up that it displays similar results to minoxidil/rogaine. I use the over the counter 1% about 3 times per week. More than that and it is rough on the hair, dries it out.

http://www.regrowth.com/hair_loss_tr...toconazole.cfm

http://www.regrowth.com/hair_loss_tr...xin/nioxin.cfm

CatGrabber is offline Member
    Buffalo Chips!

Thread Information