chevy44 is offline Member

can u tell fake and real qv by looking at the box?

i have searched and searched this board to read all about quality vet products! i have become a qv expert (jk), but my question is, when u go to mexico to buy ur gear, the boxes are always shrink wrapped, now how do u go about makikng 100% sure that the gear ur about to buy is real? i know that the hologram is colorfull when moved and it should say s.a.g.a.r.p.a. instead of s.a.g.a.r., but what else should i look for? ........thnx to anyone who adds their .02

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    sounds like your being overly precautious. I have never seen a fake in mexico, personally. You know your qv, youll be fine.
    Good luck bro

u have never seen a fake in mex? u mean of qv products right? (sorry if i misunderstood) but i have seen nothing but fakes in mexico!

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Well, my source that i always go to is very reputable, so i have never had reason to question. I guess it also depends on what city you go to.

ichabodcrane is offline Associate Member
    As far as I know, the fake boxes (at least those I have seen) don't have any info under the indications heading. Other than that, they are spot on. Also, the older lots DID use s.a.g.a.r. and the newest ones have: s.a.g.a.r.p.a. So if it is a newer lot, like 6 or above (I am not sure on the exact lot), they should say the latter. But you will still find the older ones (lot 1-4 or so) which have the previous. But on the newest lots, the hologram has clearly visible opposing v slits in it. This fake stuff is a bunch of crap.

bump

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Ultimately, what you'll be able to tell when looking at the box, best case scenario, is whether or not you have a real box....nothing more, nothing less. There are instances I've heard of where fake gear was put into a real box in order to add to its apparent legitimacy. But, of course, I see your point, it does offer one more checkpoint of reassurance.

WOW, that sucks, i havent asked but would a vet allow u to un-wrap the box? (if it shrink wrapped). the reason for my paranoia is i have been running deca /test (brovel) for 4 weeks, and i just found out that it is bunk! so im taking a trip to a diff. part of mexico (nogales) in hopes to find some good/legit qv products!

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    qv is good about shrink wrapping there stuff so as long as thats there i wouldnt stress. i havent seen any qv fakes so just be careful and as long as your there would you pick me up some.................

bump

Endurance is offline Associate Member
    i thought the same shit about my qv products. I also have a reliable source which i feel bad for even questioning but i wasn't seeing any results with it. Im still not to tell you the truth after 5 weeks of test and eq. But my boxes and bottles were wrapped and my hologram has the slits and the lot has the s.a.g.a.r.p.a. and the lot has 006 on it so i guess that satisfies my curiosity. But i don't know sorry bro not knowing for sure is the worst part

yeah i just dont want to get screwed out again! so im looking for as much advice as possible so that my trip goes as planned and nothign goes wrong!

Thread Information