pumpseeker is offline Senior Member

How to approach your source after he sells you bunk??

Just realized my QV EQ is fake. I'm gonna speak with my source about getting it replaced for free. He's a good bro and has never sold me fake shit before. Actually, he might not of even known that this was fake as the box it came in was still sealed in shrink wrap. How would you go about approaching this in a way to get what ya want?

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    tell him its fake and if he doesnt replace it your gonna fuck him up, im pretty sure that will work...Madmax

SLUMPBUSTR is offline Associate Member
    LOL, seems like the right thing to say!!!

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    Is he a local gym source or internet source?

a friend of a friend who ships domestically

not an internet source

twisteddendrite is offline New Member
    tell him its fake and if he doesnt replace it your gonna fuck him up, im pretty sure that will work...Madmax

He might fuck him up for saying that.

I say aproach him from BEHIND.

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    bro if hes a friend of a friend just tell him, hey this is how its gonna be, your gonna either give me my money back or were going out into the street...more than likely he'll back down, he doesnt want you telling people he has fake shit, nor does he want to get popped...so its in his best interest to make things right....just explain that to him...Madmax

Yeah, I agree with Madmax. Just talk to him and tell him you want to exchange it. He needs you and others you associate with as a valuable customer for future purchases and should make right of it. If he doesn't let you exchange, he will lose a ton of business when you tell everyone he sells fake gear.

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    if he did it intentionally, then no words will get the point across. i think a swift boot to the crotch is in order.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    How to approach your source after he sells you bunk?? With a 2x4 in mid-swing!!!!

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by CYCLEON
    How to approach your source after he sells you bunk?? With a 2x4 in mid-swing!!!!
    The aerodynamics of a 2x4 slows down the swing

...may I personally suggest any fine choice from www.aluminumbats.com

Personally I prefer a nice hickory axe handle... but thats just me

But seriously, if the source didn't know the stuff was bunk, I guess diplomacy could solve all in most cases. If he is a stand up dude he'll be so embarassed having sold junk that he'll replace it and then some.

On the other hand if he is a scammer, it's open season... choose your weapon.

Red

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    How did you determine it was fake?

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by scottp999
    How did you determine it was fake?
    Good question...would you also mind letting us know a bit more, as I'm assuming it was a good fake if you didn't see it right off the bat....pics, description or any other info??

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    pumpseeker posted pictures of the stuff here:

http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...threadid=53947

All right, I spoke with him on the phone (he lives across the country)...

I suspected the QV EQ was fake because the holograms do not reflect colors AND the labels have squared edges, not rounded....

I've been taking 400mgs/wk (of the eq in question) for the last 4 weeks (along w/ 750/wk sust and 30/ED dbol ) and haven't noticed any huge Eq hunger or drastic vascularity increase...

But, .....I have gained 20 lbs in 28 days so something's working...

But here is what he said...

His source gets everything directly from QV and he was positive these were 100% legit. The batch I have is older (It expires in Sept. 2004). QV used to print the holograms both with AND without the shiny colors. When people started saying the holograms without the colors were fakes, QV started making all holograms with the colors. I have one of the older batches without the shiny colored holograms, apparently. According to him, some of QV's competitors allegedly spread these rumors to steal market share.

So, I don't know what to believe. He is a good guy and has never done me wrong before. He's always been reliable and on the up and up...

What do you guys think? Anyone ever have QV products with the holograms without colors that worked?

Executioner is offline Banned
    Fighting this guy is not going to solve anything, however exciting it may seem to everyone. Tell him its fake, ask him what he can do for you in the way of money or replacements. A gun isn't the worst idea, as long as you don't use it. Let him know you're not fucking around

Mr.gH is offline Associate Member
    This is what I'd do. Call him out on it, if he denys or acts shady, then call him after a day and apologize saying its real. And you guys are cool again. Then tell him you need some something expensive, like gh or something, and ask to meet up. Then jack his ass, you can probably just hit him, but if hes a big dude use a gun. I hate people who do bad business, you need to let him know it wont be tolerated. Then again I do have restraining orders against me.......Perhaps I dont make the best choices.

If he gets his gear straight from QV, wouldn't he have newer batches.

He might just be covering is ass, or he could be telling the truth. I would email QV and ask to verify. Just tell QV your dog still doesn't have an appetite and isn't getting vascular.

Originally posted by dizzle
    Just tell QV your dog still doesn't have an appetite and isn't getting vascular.
    LOL...that's exactly what I was going to say...

NEO-OEN is offline Associate Member
    I think the best way to appraoch him is with a bat wearing a ski mask. Good luck bro.

chevy44 is offline Member
    search for a thread that dizzle started that shows the comparison of the two (fake and legit) if u loook CLOSELY at the holograms the qv is different check to see what ur hologram qv looks like and then go to the qv site, which also shows the qv hologram which matches dizzles REAL picture! but all n all i think he sold u soem bunk stuff!
    Last edited by chevy44; 05-22-2003 at 03:36 PM.

joe_capone is offline Member
    if i were u i wouldnt care what he says.. i dont trust anyone. if i suspect the gear is fake then its fake and its over. tell him no thanks and tell him to send u new eq. dont take the risk of putting fake shit in your body.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Originally posted by Madmax

Nothing like the direct approach...
    Sounds like MadMax is on 2 Grams of Test a week at the moment

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Why would they print a hologram without the colours? Isn't that the point of the hologram. I think this guy is full of shit.

Here's a little something that happened to me. This guy comes up to me in the gym and says he has some Winny V and asks if I'm interested. I said sure. So he showed it to me...I took the bottle...I shook the piss out of it and sat it on a counter in the corner. I said I would be right back...went and got a bar/pipe and stood there right next to him and waited. He said what the bar was for...I said that if this stuff doesn't separate I'm going to smash all your fucking chiclets out. I don't like being ripped off by fuckheads! The guy quickly took his stuff and said "This is fucking bullshit man!" while he quickly left the gym. I guess he didn't want to wait and see. I would have bet my left nut that the shit was fake...it was probably Armour All.

You have to be careful of people. Most people are not willing to get tuned over a $50 profit...they would rather take their stuff and sell it somewhere else. You tune the guy...what's he going to do...go to the Police? The Police find out that a) he's dealing b) he's dealing stuff that could instantly kill you. The cops are never in favour of assholes...most of the cops do juice themselves!!

Jarod is offline Associate Member
    Never used QV before or equipoise for that matter but 20 pounds in 28 days and it is not just water or fat but mostly muscle, then something kicked in...........

Beating the hell out of your source should not be your first option, I didn't say not to take it off the playing field just not your first option.

Given the fact that he has never steered you wrong before and has always been on the up and up see if any one else you know who has his gear is experiencing the same ....no since losing a good trusted source due to a misunderstanding.

See if you can contact QV either a web site or by phone to see if what you have is fake or the real deal......

if he has scammed you THEN FUCKING LET HIM KNOW YOU REALIZED IT WITH A FUCKING SLEDGEHAMMER TO HIS FUCKING HEAD THEN HOG TIE HIS ASS AND SLEDGEHAMMER HIS TOES ONE BY ONE ...MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN A SECLUDED SPOT AND POUR SALT ON HIS BLOODY FEET AND WHILE THAT LYING CHEATING BITCH IS CRYING TAKE YOUR CAR (MAKE SURE YOU SWITCH YOUR TIRES FOR FORENSICS) AND HOOK JUMPER CABLES UP FROM ITS BATTERY TO HIS BALLS AND REV THE ENGINE UP...

THIS IS TO SEND A CLEAR MESSAGE AND MAKE SURE THERE IS NO MISUNDERSTANDINGS ANYBODY FUCKS WITH YOU ITS THEIR ASS!!!!!!
    Last edited by Jarod; 05-22-2003 at 06:21 PM.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Man, A lot of violence in the recommended courses of action? Haha.

I think pumpseekers question is still unanswered, "Anyone ever have QV products with the holograms without colors that worked?"

Any of you guys use QV stuff a while ago? Did it have the less detailed and square holograms?

Chevy44, where would you take something like that and test it? I think that is a great idea so he knows what he is shooting into himself if it isn't qv-eq, but what is a good procedure to get that done?

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Mr.gH
    This is what I'd do. Call him out on it, if he denys or acts shady, then call him after a day and apologize saying its real. And you guys are cool again. Then tell him you need some something expensive, like gh or something, and ask to meet up. Then jack his ass, you can probably just hit him, but if hes a big dude use a gun. I hate people who do bad business, you need to let him know it wont be tolerated. Then again I do have restraining orders against me.......Perhaps I dont make the best choices.
    Be careful with flashing guns... you never know what someone else has. I keep a 12gage shoty with a pistol grip in my trunk.

Originally posted by scottp999
    Man, A lot of violence in the recommended courses of action? Haha.

I think pumpseekers question is still unanswered, "Anyone ever have QV products with the holograms without colors that worked?"

Any of you guys use QV stuff a while ago? Did it have the less detailed and square holograms?

Chevy44, where would you take something like that and test it? I think that is a great idea so he knows what he is shooting into himself if it isn't qv-eq, but what is a good procedure to get that done?
    Thanks bro for bringing back the question....ANYONE?

I'll be emailing QV tonight to see if they ever had holograms without colors in some of the older batches. I doubt it but it's worth a try. These were very good fakes and I would have never realized it without my AR bros...thanks fellas!

btw, Big Rush put up a link on my AS pic thread to a thread at fitnessgeared 4 pages long with the same scenario...

turns out, that guy bought his in south Florida too in March, just like me...coincidence?

Dirk D. is offline Junior Member
    Dude, It may not be his fault! could be his source!

chevy44 is offline Member
    "Chevy44, where would you take something like that and test it? I think that is a great idea so he knows what he is shooting into himself if it isn't qv-eq, but what is a good procedure to get that done?"
    ~scottp999
    i have never actually had anything tested. but i have read alot of threads of people who have tested their gear! gymnut4u has actually posted that he had his brovel gear tested so maybe someone could pm him! but like i said earlier, study the holograms and how the qv is shaped the real to fake comparison is VERY noticeable if u just look!

ddrew is offline Associate Member
    You guys need to stop telling this guy to beat his sources ass or get a gun. He said the source is good and has taken care of him in the past.
    What I would recomend is to tell him that you don't know whether it's fake or not and would just like to exchange it for a new batch. I'm sure he will be ok with this. Think about this, if this guy is a source, chances are he is a pretty big dude himself and has taken measures to protect himself, if you show up trying to act bad you might be the one who gets beat up or shot.

TommyBoy555 is offline New Member
    why is everyone focusing only on the holgagram and not the squared edges of the label?

Isn't the fact the corners of the label are squared a dead giveaway that his stuff is fake. All the legit QV gear I've seen have rounded corners on the labels and so does the pictures of the gear on the QV website.

Has QV ever made gear with squared corners on the label? anyone know?

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by ddrew
    You guys need to stop telling this guy to beat his sources ass or get a gun. He said the source is good and has taken care of him in the past.
    What I would recomend is to tell him that you don't know whether it's fake or not and would just like to exchange it for a new batch. I'm sure he will be ok with this. Think about this, if this guy is a source, chances are he is a pretty big dude himself and has taken measures to protect himself, if you show up trying to act bad you might be the one who gets beat up or shot.
    I second ddrew

Thread Information