Infinitecycling is offline New Member

Why exactly are steroids not recommended to those under 25 just because of hpta dmg?

Let's say a person is 21 and he takes AAS. It then causes irreversible damage to this persons HPTA for some reason and he then has symptoms of andropause for the rest of his life.

What's the big deal about this? Is there a problem with supplementing testosterone your entire life? The only problem I could see is cost but if money was no issue then what's the big worry on the educational threads here about this?

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    Go to the trt forum and start a thread asking how many would be on trt if they didn't have to.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Typically your growth plates are not closed yet stunting your potential growth in height, and maturity of skeletal structure.
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick4588
    Go to the trt forum and start a thread asking how many would be on trt if they didn't have to.
    ^^^Precisely! It's much more involved than an injection once or twice a week for the rest of your life. Doses may need to be adjusted. AIs used in some cases. Regular blood tests. Elevated BP. Hypercholesterolemia/hyperlipidemia. Possible infertility. Mood swings......and yes then there are economic factors to consider.

Infinitecycling is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    ^^^Precisely! It's much more involved than an injection once or twice a week for the rest of your life. Doses may need to be adjusted. AIs used in some cases. Regular blood tests. Elevated BP. Hypercholesterolemia/hyperlipidemia. Possible infertility. Mood swings......and yes then there are economic factors to consider.
    I'm guessing these side effects are caused because the testes don't naturally release a large amount of test in one go? What if there was a micro injection method developed that was automatized by a tiny device you put on your arm that is programmed to inject you with very tiny doses of test periodically throughout the day? Like an insulin pump except it would be called a test pump?
    Last edited by Infinitecycling; 06-28-2013 at 11:30 PM.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinitecycling

I'm guessing these side effects are caused because the testes don't naturally release a large amount of test in one go? What if there was a micro injection method developed that was automatized by a tiny device you put on your arm that is programmed to inject you with very tiny doses of test periodically throughout the day? Like an insulin pump except it would be called a test pump?
    There are several applications. Injectables, orals, transdermals, implantable pellets. All are biosynthetic forms of testosterone . It's still not convenient to require a lifetime of exogenous test no matter the convenience of the route of admin. Routine blood tests for lipid metabolism, BP management, hemoglobin, PSA, RBC integrity would still be necessary unlike men who function within normal physiological levels.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    I know your very curious regarding steroids I can see this by all the threads you start but in all honesty at 20 yrs old you would be better focusing on training correctly and learning how to eat to gain size and mass. You may think the answer is in a syringe but its not at your age, trust me build a base and foundation first..

There isn't an exact age were we all stop developing and growing because this is determined by our genes and DNA, we are all genetically programmed individually and we inherit our genes from our parents. To give an exact age we stop growing would be incorrect because everyone's genetic blueprint is different.The main development of our bodies is up to the age of 21yrs of age but this can vary between individuals. There are parts of our bodies what carry on developing and adjusting slowly up until the age of 25yrs old, an example of this is the brain. The Endocrine system is a part of the brain what is very complex and keeps our bodies in a homeostasis state. Our testosterone levels start raising and roughly peak around 25yrs old and then start to slowly decline, so even though some of us may have stopped growing at the age of 21yrs old, others may still be developing up until the age of 25yrs old.

I have recently spoken to my Endo regarding this matter and he tells me that the HPTA is very sensitive and as many pathways how it regulates the human body, he states steroids disrupt the normal balance of hormones in the body which can cause reversible and irreversible changes at any age but risks are far more if you administrate exogenous androgens during development, this will put you in a very unnatural environment at a crucial time and your hormones should be treated with care especially in the early stages of maturity. The adverse effects can be erratic behaviour of the HPTA and potentially therapy when your older.

I did ask him what age he would think would be the safest as far as risk to damages and he said many endocrinologist suggest full maturation is reached by 25 years of age and this would also give the HPTA time to be established with your natural hormone balance and patterns. I personally feel 24-25yrs old would also be ideal starting point to get bloodwrok drawn to see exact what your natural levels are before starting any kind of cycles and waiting till you have reach your testosterone peak would be a good starting point, for me there is to much evidence over the forums and what I've seen personally over the last 25yrs I've been bodybuilding. Obviously it isn't going to be all 19- 21yr old bodybuilders who suffer side effects what are irreversible but I am edging on the side of caution what age I advice to the newbies.
    Marcus

In humans your Endocrine system is not fully functional until an average age of 25yrs, although the main development is up to around 21yrs it still fluctuates a little bit up to its fully functional age. There is a risk of permanently damaging your HPTA if you take AAS to young and you could end up with symptoms of andropause and HRT for life. Symptoms could be Limp dick, low libido, depression, low energy, low endurance, erection problems and many more but.......are these the types of symptoms you want to have in your 20's?. Believe me its hard to cope with these in your 40's yet alone in your prime of your life.

Around this age your Testosterone levels are the highest they going to be in your life naturally, so use what you have and don't take the risk of damage, I am passionate about this because ive seen it many times with young kids wanting to looking like their heroes and they think the answer is in an injection/tablet.

Taking AAS to young can also cause problems with development, one other main problem is premature sealing of your epiphyeal bone and the consequences mean that you wont grow as big as your genetics could allow you to, there is a test which can be done to see if your growth plates have sealed yet but the average age is around 21yrs old.

TRAINING
    You need a few years of hard training under your belt before even considering taking any kind of anabolic support, people who jump on a cycle to soon without having some quality years under their belt usually results in injuries, it takes time to develop your connective tissue, tendons and nervous system to heavy overload training. Slowly getting your own system use to these kinds of extreme's will only help in muscle growth later on when you do decide to start taking AAS.

Build a solid foundation for muscle tissue to grow and maintaining and development will be far greater than without it. Many younger guys will start cycling before they have reached their genetic potential which is crazy when a good solid diet and training program will be far beneficial and productive to muscle building.

Workouts should be mainly focused on basic movements with a priority of over loading the muscle each and ever time you train, increasing your strength and ability to lift in proper form will help with building the foundation for future development

DIET
    A lot of younger bodybuilders don't know how to eat. Researching and understanding how your own body responds will help you get to your natural limit, the right food at the right time and a full understanding of proteins,carbs, and fats will only help you succeed in achieving your natural goals. Keeping a diet diary will also help you understand the importance of macro, nutrients, calories and should help you see in which areas you could be going wrong in adding lean muscle tissue.

No matter how much anabolic support you have it will be worthless without proper nutrition, food will help build and maintain your valued muscle weather its natural, cycling or in PCT. Adjusting your food intake and consuming muscle building foods coupled with a solid training program will help you achieve your natural limit and foundation before you start AAS use.

This area is a huge problem with the younger guys and I can't express enough how important diet/food is when first starting out, post and pre training nutrition are very important and understanding how to load and feed the body will help push growth and create a very natural anabolic environment.

Thread Information