BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member

My Dr. Visit....

Well, when I got there, he obviously wanted to know was I was there. I told him that a lot has changed since I saw him back in January. Anway, I got around to telling him that I am doing AAS. He proceeded to tell me all the crazy things wrong with steroids , (he loved used that word over and over...) but when he asked what I was taking, he actually had to look it up in his pocket Palm. Then he went through all the MAJOR side effects of Testosterone . One of them was constant hard on. He said "do you want to walk around constantly with an erection? I said HELL YEAH I DO. He laughed. He then told me to stay out of the tanning booths, stay away from steroids unless I wanted LIVER CANCER. I understand thats his job to tell me that, but honestly he really had no idea about them other than the HORRIBLE STUFF. Anyway, my blood pressure was great 130/78. He then did some blood work for my liver, so we will have to wait and see..........

Bottom Line, The bro's on this board know a HELL OF A LOT MORE THAN MY DR!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS FOR THE KNOWLEDGE

BLT

chevy44 is offline Member
    my fucking doc was an idiot! i was thinking about doing aas during accutane, and i asked my doc, and all he said was "ur trying to make ur zits go away, aas will only give u more!" and then i asked "what about my liver", his response,"they dont affect ur liver".................what a f*** idiot!

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    On my last visit to the doctor, i wanted to get my script for proscar renewed. My doc told me that i was "better off castrating myself!"-What a f**kin idiot! He was explaining to me how itll shut off ALL my testosterone ....he didnt even know the term DHT.

I dont want to get too pissed, so ill stop there. Anyways, i hate uneducated doctors (what an ex. of an oxymoron!)

ryan5sc is offline New Member
    why stay out of the tanning booth????????

oh, he's one of those Dr.'s who says NO DRINKING, NO TANNING BOOTH (SKIN CANCER), NO THIS, NO THAT. Again, I respect his opinion, but when you don't know enough about Test cyp and you have to look it up, then that scares me!!

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Unless you are going to a doctor specializing in hormone replacement then there really is no reason to expect him to be overly educated on the topic. Lets face it your general practitioner is going to talk about AAS with a patient once every ten years if that much. If you need to have a discussion about your health when it comes to AAS you should find a good endocrinologist who understands HRT and can give you a better perspective on the positives and negatives.

IronRhino is offline New Member
    Unfortunately, there is an amazingly high percentage of MD's who are as competent to make observations on HRT as I am to discuss thermonuclear physics. So the only word of encouragement I can offer to anybody is to keep looking--there is no shortage of MD'S in the Yellow Pages.

I understand the problem for some may be complicated by the issue of health insurance regulations. Those belonging to an HMO may find it more difficult to seek out other doctors.

Rickson, Great point. Is there anything you don't know? Thanks for you input!!!

Thread Information