jc822 is offline New Member

Exclamation 25 years old..had shoulder surgery. Question about Deca and first cycling.

Hey guys. I had a distal clavicle excision through a scope on April 4th. I have been rehabbing my shoulder back and although it has gotten better. I still cannot do a full chest workout right now. I am able to workout back, arms, legs (holding the squat bar). I can do most exercises, but anything that requires the front delts kills me. The doctor took out 12mm of my clavicle "lasered" up a slight rotator tear. Now my shoulder is still killing me. I did some research and read Deca -Durabolin can help through the healing process. Before I got injured I was already planning on doing my first cycle, so why not start now? Here are my stats/history-

Weight: 177-180
    BF%- 12%
    Gym Experience- Been lifting/dieting for about 3 years. Injury occured 12/14/12. Surgery was on 4/4/13.

Any suggestions on how much Deca/test to run? Right now I'm not able to hit chest, just able to bench the bar, do a few pushups. Should I wait till I can at least bench 135? Or just cycle on? My only worry is that my other bodyparts will grow while my chest stays the same or shrink.

Thanks in advance.

Thunderforge is offline Associate Member
    Hi JC,
    I've had a very similar injury. Distal Clavicular Osteolysis. This is also called weight lifter's shoulder or bench press shoulder. I did not have the surgery but was able to recover with extensive time off from pressing and a shot of anti inflammatory steroids .

My experience with deca is that the effect are not going to be near enough to help you here. You've had a pretty major trauma induced to your shoulder. This isn't an aching joint from overtraining. It's a bone that has been cut through.

My advice is to follow the doctor's advice and heal totally before you start training that area.

Cycle if you want but don't push the injured area.

jc822 is offline New Member
    You are very lucky to have healed without the surgery.
    What was the time frame for you?
    I've had the surgery 3 months ago and I feel the same if not worse. Just worried that I'll never be back to where I was.

Thunderforge is offline Associate Member
    I understand. I felt like that as well. Time frame for me was about 16 months I'd say. I know that's not what you wanted to hear.
    However, during that time I never stopped pressing movements totally. I did stops benching but would do bodyweight work and overhead work. Anything from a perpendicular angle (bench) to a decline angle (dips) was obviously painful.
    The thing that really turned the tide for me was the injection. It allowed the swelling I was repeatedly aggravating to subside enough to heal.

swazte2004 is offline New Member
    JC,

Sorry to hear about the surgery. If you do get a cortisone shot, do not get it yet. Make sure that you reach a point of no improvement. Do not compare healing on a daily basis, do so on a weekly basis or monthly basis (how do you feel today in comparison to last week or 30 days ago?)

If you get the shot, you will feel extra pain for a couple of days at the injection site, then it will subside and finally, you will be pain-free. However, take into consideration that many people will go back to training or lifting immediately, which will result in re-injuring yourself. The shot will alleviate the pain acting as an analgesic and as an anti-inflammatory reducing inflammation.

I suggest that if you go this route, that you wait 2 weeks without avoiding any type of unnecessary movement, and then do physical therapy. You will feel way better. But please do not go back to training because you are feeling way better (you WILL) and that's where you need to be mature and stick to the plan.

I recently had ACL surgery and I absolutely feel your pain. Just get your cardio, legs and abs in good shape while you allow your body to heal properly. After you feel better, by any means go for a small cycle to get you to where you want to be if needed. Take advantage of your hormone levels now; it all goes down after from where you are at; I can feel the difference and I am only 30.

I am new to AAS but I have been training religiously for over 12 years and have injured myself both playing soccer and lifting. Thought I would give you my input. Cheer up and hope you feel better soon!

Thread Information