Thread: Cycle Advice...

LifeTimeGymRat is offline New Member

Cycle Advice...

Greetings and good day all. I hope everybody has had a great week so far.

I am looking for some advice on my first cycle in about 4 years.

Just a brief history as to why I am looking for advice, for any medical professionals that might be viewing this.

I am 44 years old, and a lifetime gym rat. I played football and baseball through JC. My previous job involved keeping the streets safe...(Don't panic I am not in the line of work anymore due a catastrophic on the job injury, which is more or less why I am here. I am humbly asking for friendly advice.).

In 2004 while at work, i dislocated my left hip and tore up my sacrum joint, running after a wanted felon down a rain soaked muddy alley. The water concealed a foot deep pothole and when my left leg landed in it, *snap* went my hip.

I was out of the gym literally until 2008. It was a painful God awful injury I don't wish on anybody, not even my worst enemy.

The first two years back in the gym, I was all about just getting back in shape and literally getting my legs back underneath me.

Right now I am 5-11 and 221lbs, but trust me with no cardio and no gym for 4 years, I got up to 280 and looked like a giant version of the Michelin Tire Guy.

I consider myself back into decent shape but not fantastic shape. I mean I was entry man on our SWAT team for 8 years and considered myself in phenomenal shape back then.

My biggest complaint I have is the visceral fat in my trunk chest, waist, which I never had prior to my injury. If I could get rid of that I would have a flat stomach....Not ripped and cut prior to the injury but at 44 I wouldn't complain.

Proposed Cycle:

I am exploring maybe some Testosterone Propionate (100mgs-EOD, true 7 a day week-12weeks) Anavar (50mg per day Weeks 6-12) and Tren (50mg EOD, true 7 day a week-Weeks 6-12) to help melt this visceral fat along with a 25 week 2IU per day HGH combo (Starting week 1 of cycle), Armidex 1/2 mil per day for whole cycle.

PCT:

HCG 500IU per day Week 1-2, Nolvadex 50mb per day Week 1, 40mg per day Week 2, 30mg per day week 3, 20mg per day week 4

Prior to cycle I plan on donating blood. 8 weeks into cycle donate blood, end of PCT donate blood.

In the past I have experimented with just a Test Ciponate / Decca combo before and post injury just to help get me a boost and started in the gym again after the 4 year layoff. But other than that never before.

My diet is pretty clean. High protein poultry and lean, lean red meat with lots of veggies and nothing but water and NON-Fat Almond milk in my protein shakes.

Due to my injury I can't really do high impact running cardio, but can do intense incline cardio and a brisk walk on the treadmill. So burning fat becomes a challenge.

Personal STATS:

5-11, 221lbs, 20% body fat.

Ideally I would like to keep the 221, just change the body fat composition and get it under 15%

I have attached a picture of my trunk, chest, abs for critique and suggestions.

Any suggestion on Cycle, type of gear and dosage would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance...

LifeTimeGymRat

Cycle Advice...-imag0065.jpg
    Last edited by LifeTimeGymRat; 07-07-2013 at 01:09 PM.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    your age and high bf% will make aromatisation rather high. since you can only change your bf%, it would be better if you can lower that as much as you can before you cycle.

how many mg is 1/5 ml on your arimidex ?

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Way over board, just way too many compounds. First cycle in 4 years. You need to get in much better shape before Tren , or you will tear something. And a better base like Test E or C for the base compound. Confusion to the system too soon on the comeback No Tren needed until second cycle with a stronger base and less BF %. Just my OP. ...crazy mike

AD, thanks for the feedback. Where I have come from when I got back into the gym in 2008 to know is personally a big difference. I was a Hostess cupcake shy of 280lbs. That period fo 4 years of no gym and healing from my injury was brutal. My BF was horrible, my whole outlook was a mess. But now I am at a manageable stage of my fitness routine since I have been back at it since 2008. The BF at 20% is hard to deal with because I can't do high intensity running with the hip. I can only do incline cardio on the treadmill at about a 4.0 pace for 30 mins.

Did I say 1/5 mil on armidex? My bad. I met 1/2 mil which I believe is .5mg.

I had a full blood workup 2 months ago and my testosterone was 592. Dr said it was nothing to worry about and was Mid-Level whatever the heck that means. It was part of my annual physical.

I will tweak my diet some more and adjust my daytime eating schedule and try and cut all CARBS back after 3pm and add some more lean protein or another chicken meal to my daily diet and see if I can try and get my BF down lower before starting back on a cycle and see if that works.

Thanks again for the feeback...Cheers!

Crazy Mike, thanks for the feedback. As I mentioned to AD above, I am going to adjust my diet some more and see if I can get my BF down lower. I eat pretty lean as it is, but I am fighting father time and that bastard seems to win every time!

I will do some research on my anabolics and see what TEST E and C offer. The only reason I wanted to explore Tren is the lean body mass it builds, which is what I am targeting.

Thanks again and have a good one!

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sorry. The typo was mine.

It should be pretty safe to start when you reach 15%bf. Be sure to monitor your Estro and bp while on cycle.

I'm also quite impresses with you T level. At our age, its more common to be around 300 than 600.

I agree with Mike about running a test only cycle. With your diet in check, you will have no trouble making lean gains with it.

Good luck

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you can get your bodyfat down a little more to 15% or so, you will have better results. The Hgh will work wonders for fat loss but why not save it for when you start having a hard time losing weight naturally. Try searching for Marcus 300's thread on priming/carb cycling, this will help you out alot. Yous cycle needs some work, no need for all of those compounds at this point.

D2'd is offline Junior Member
    Very mature and thoughtful attitude on your part. It's a nice change from most posts here! I second the idea that only 1 compound that being TEST should be used for this cycle since it's been awhile since your last go-round. You could technically try to recomp with this but it'd very hard to pull off successfully. It looks like you have a decent amount of muscle under there, you just need to tighten up the diet a bit and get down to 15% or so. I know dropping 10 lbs of fat isn't the easiest thing to do, but it's really in your best interest before you cycle. Good luck Bro!

Quote Originally Posted by LifeTimeGymRat View Post
    Crazy Mike, thanks for the feedback. As I mentioned to AD above, I am going to adjust my diet some more and see if I can get my BF down lower. I eat pretty lean as it is, but I am fighting father time and that bastard seems to win every time!

I will do some research on my anabolics and see what TEST E and C offer. The only reason I wanted to explore Tren is the lean body mass it builds, which is what I am targeting.

Thanks again and have a good one!
    Hey at 40 yrs. old you got it made I'll be 62 on July 18th. As D2'd said great attitude. Stay teachable. If you look at my title I'm from Old school and have been learning much.
    AS I said you don't need Test prop and others also said don't get into the Tren , YET!! There is time for that later and you will be better ready and after all you want to maximize your gains by being ready. So good luck, read , listen and ask before you start...OK ...crazy mike

AD, Crazy Mike, Buster Brown, and D2’d…

Thank you all for the feedback.

I tweaked my diet starting yesterday. No more carbs after 3pm, cut out the wheat bread on my crock pot cooked chicken sandwiches and will now just mix the chicken in hard boiled egg whites, no more morning juice, and no more “Cheat” day during the week.

With any luck I can go from 221lbs to about 210-215lbs and knock off that extra 5% of visceral fat somehow. Then I will start my cycle.

I can’t wait to jump in and start the cycle again. I will be the first to admit, when I was on SWAT, I would do 2 or 3 cycles a year. It was a necessity quite frankly as the training was brutal, and all that gear we had to lug around and the requirement to carry out heaviest team member for 50 yards on our shoulder.

I know I won’t get back to the lean mean machine I used to think I was back in the day, but to be able to brush back father time and hold him off is what I am looking at now.

Thanks again and I really am looking forward to all the input, advice and online friendship here at the forums.

Take it easy and be safe…

LifeTimeGymRat

Sledgehammer1 is offline Junior Member
    Its cool to have a member of SWAT on the board. Im sure you have some crazy stories. I understand the juggle of fatherhood. My son is 1.5 and its not easy. I literally have to demand to go to the gym. It will be easier soon once I start bring him with me and drop him off at the kids play center/childcare that is part of the gym. It will give the wife a break and will be good for him to socialize with other kids.

You have done very well so far with transforming your physic. I as well suffered an injury. Back in 02 I had spinal surgery and gained weight during recovery to 300lbs. Once I realized the Dr. couldn't do anymore, I took my health back into my own hands. I dropped down to 202 through cardio and weight training. Then began the process of adding lean muscle to protect my core and avoid further injury. Before I had my son end of 2011, I was 260 9%BF. During the last year and half been mainly trying to maintain my size. Now though that my son is old enough, ive been getting serious again. I plan on reaching 10% by Sept/Oct and will spend winter slowly adding size(lean bulk). Now that im older, Its too much to go from one extreme to the other(bulk/cut).

Keep up the good work. Look forward to hearing more from you in the future...

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeTimeGymRat View Post
    AD, Crazy Mike, Buster Brown, and D2’d…

Thank you all for the feedback.

I tweaked my diet starting yesterday. No more carbs after 3pm, cut out the wheat bread on my crock pot cooked chicken sandwiches and will now just mix the chicken in hard boiled egg whites, no more morning juice, and no more “Cheat” day during the week.

With any luck I can go from 221lbs to about 210-215lbs and knock off that extra 5% of visceral fat somehow. Then I will start my cycle.

I can’t wait to jump in and start the cycle again. I will be the first to admit, when I was on SWAT, I would do 2 or 3 cycles a year. It was a necessity quite frankly as the training was brutal, and all that gear we had to lug around and the requirement to carry out heaviest team member for 50 yards on our shoulder.

I know I won’t get back to the lean mean machine I used to think I was back in the day, but to be able to brush back father time and hold him off is what I am looking at now.

Thanks again and I really am looking forward to all the input, advice and online friendship here at the forums.

Take it easy and be safe…

LifeTimeGymRat

Hey bro, I am 43 and started cycling again after a 15 year layoff from the sauce. When I decided to go back on, I was determined to really do my homework and absorb as much information as possible ( alot of this information wasn't around in the 90's) to try and make the most out of my cycles. Do as much reading as you can and ask questions to fill in the blanks that you don't understand. Put your nose to the grindstone, keep it there and you will achieve your goals.

Ah ha!!!! another good thread on this forum. Man what a treat talking to a mature individual. The newbies just drive me from crazy to straight out insanity. The come back, they ask, then they tell us from then out, and always LMAO, lol, LMAS just after we've told the critical info. WOW!! Your understanding made me smile all through, Ha!! Now you hang and keep us posted, we're on your side. ...crazy mike

Chx beach 79 is offline Senior Member
    Good luck!
    Last edited by Chx beach 79; 07-07-2013 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer1 View Post
    Its cool to have a member of SWAT on the board. Im sure you have some crazy stories. I understand the juggle of fatherhood. My son is 1.5 and its not easy. I literally have to demand to go to the gym. It will be easier soon once I start bring him with me and drop him off at the kids play center/childcare that is part of the gym. It will give the wife a break and will be good for him to socialize with other kids.

You have done very well so far with transforming your physic. I as well suffered an injury. Back in 02 I had spinal surgery and gained weight during recovery to 300lbs. Once I realized the Dr. couldn't do anymore, I took my health back into my own hands. I dropped down to 202 through cardio and weight training. Then began the process of adding lean muscle to protect my core and avoid further injury. Before I had my son end of 2011, I was 260 9%BF. During the last year and half been mainly trying to maintain my size. Now though that my son is old enough, ive been getting serious again. I plan on reaching 10% by Sept/Oct and will spend winter slowly adding size(lean bulk). Now that im older, Its too much to go from one extreme to the other(bulk/cut).

Keep up the good work. Look forward to hearing more from you in the future...
    Sledgehammer...Cool name. Our entry doorman had that nickname. "Send In Sledge"...LOL

Hey about your injury, I would like to pick your brain if you don't mind.

How long was it before you gained the confidence to go all out and hit the heavy weights again? I am talking the max heavy weights? I have this fear that if I grab a heavy bar of weights for shoulder shrugs, and take a step back my hip and sacrum joint are going to give out, even though I know it has been repaired to the best medical science can repair it.

And legs...Man I miss heavy squats. I am afraid I am going to get on the downside of my rep and won't be able to get back up. So I have ditched the free squats which used to really build the mass, and now just do the Hammer Strength leg press, hack squats, leg extensions and curls.

Prior to my injury and off cycle, I was always as strong as an Ox. Grew up on a farm, bailed and stacked hay when I was just 8 (My first natural and unofficial trip to the gym...LOL) and would love to pick up the pieces of the past and move forward.

I just know where I was at physically and man it emotionally and mentally killed me and I don't want to go down that road again. But at the same time, to say I am completely back to where I need to be, I need to do what I was doing pre-injury.

Did you have any anxiety or fear of getting hurt again? Cause I know I sure do and can't seem to shake it out of my psyche.

The reason I ask is because the Dr told me if I ever injure my hip again, I will be in for hip replacement and laid up a long, long time. Something I don't want to experience.

Your thoughts, or advice is greatly appreciated.

As for everybody else, thank you, thank you for all the kind words of advice and encouragement. You guys kick ass and rock!

Take it easy and be safe...

Life Time Gym Rat

Thread Information