still growin is offline Member

How to make shots as painless as possible

I have been seeing a lot of threads about people in agonizing pain and terrified of shots lately. Here are a few things you caqn do to help alleviate the pain some. Personally, I am sometimes a little sore a day after, but it is no big deal at all. Please anyone with other ideas chime right in. Here goes:

1. After withdrawing the gear into the needle, with the cover on, run hot water over it until it is warm. this will make it flow easier as it thins it out, and helps prevent painfull soreness the next day.

2. Completely relax the muscle you are going to inject in. The more tense you are or the more you flex, the more it will hurt and be harder to insert the needle.

3. When you stick yourself, hold as still as possible and avoid moving the needle around inside you.

4. Inject slowly, the slower the better. it takes me about 15 seconds to inject, but somepeople take up to a minute and a half. It depends on the amount of cc's you inject at one time.

5. After, pull the needle straight out quickly, taking care not to twist or angle the needle.

6. Massage the area where you injected firmly. Don't be afraid to push hard, it only helps you later. This disperses the fluid and takes your mind of it. Rub hard and for a good 30 seconds.

7. Stop thinking about it! If you are waiting for the pain to come, it probably will. Just forget about it and relax your mind.

8. SUCK IT UP! It doesn't really hurt now does it! Don't be a wuss!!!!

crombie09 is offline Junior Member
    LOL Good post! -crombie09

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    Hot showers before or after your shot might also help.

H BOMB is offline Senior Member
    dizzle beat me to it as always.

bump

Slypknot is offline Member
    Here's one I catch a lot of people doing:

When you aspirate - YOU DO NOT NEED TO YANK ON THE PLUNGER! If you are in a vein you will know it! The plunger will EASILY glide up and syringe fill with blood. So just give it a tiny/slow pull and if it doesn't move you're good to go!

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    This will not make it less painless but move the skin to one side before you stick yourself.

still growin is offline Member
    Originally posted by TheMudMan
    This will not make it less painless but move the skin to one side before you stick yourself.
    This is a good way to stop leakage post shot. It cause the skin to zig zag, and when you release, the path the needle entered is no more thus preventing as canal for the fluid to seep out.
    Keep it coming guys, good stuff.

the dent depot is offline Senior Member

Talking Just did my 1st on my own shot!!!!!!Whew!

I just did my 1st shot on my own...I'm such a freakin wuss...
    I had a buddy over to "supervise", and it took me like 5 min to build up the courage to stab it. It went in without even the slightest pain, but I was shaking so much...he had to push the plunger for me! Then he made me take it out on my own...to get used to doing it. I'd say the key to a painless shot is...straight in and straight out...along with the other advices of pushing plunger slowly, and not moving the pin while its in!

b18razr is offline Junior Member
    man i was the same way, a big wuss, but after the first one its nothing, just stab it in fast like your throwing a dart but dont actually throw it . then just like yall said push in plunger slowly and pull out quick. stick it in, release the fluid and pull out. Then hop in your car and leave her sleepin.

CHSDOG55 is offline Associate Member
    Am i the only one that ices the area before an injection. Numbs the hell outta of the area and dont feel shit and the next day no swelling. Gotta love that.

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    Yea i used to be a major wuss... hated shots from the doctor. They freaked me out. One day i wanted to try injectable b12. It took me a good 15min to get the courage to just stab it in. Now i look forward to doing it. weird

I like to take a shower before hand. I relax the muscle and push the pin slowly untill it breaks the skin (make sure you let some of the stuff out of the pin to lube it up). Then i inject very slow. Pull pin out quick
    Last edited by juicehoe; 05-21-2003 at 09:11 PM.

nmk85roll is offline Associate Member
    Do some of you guys add sterile oil to your shots as well? What kind of oil do you use?

jayg is offline Junior Member
    There's always EML cream too. It can be found almost anywhere.

Jay

Originally posted by SGFuryZ

Erection Modification Lotion...right?
    Close... actually it's: Erect Member Lube, I believe it's also known as KY-Jelly or Vaseline

Red

Thread Information