jayg is offline Junior Member

Propecia and which AAS?

Finastride (proscar, propeica) and AAS which ones to take?

I currently have a prescription for finasteride. I'm currently on a cycle of Deca + Test + Dbol so I'm opted out of finasteride while in this cycle due to conversion of Deca to DHN rather than DHT.

I think I have a pretty good basic knowledge of how finasteride works as well as how AAS work in terms of hairloss however I still have alot to learn. So from what I gather finasteride should be taken with any steroid which converts to DHT via the 5 alpha reductase enzyme unless the DHT is actually less hard on the hairline than the original drug. An example would be that since Test converts to DHT via 5ar and DHT is harder on the hairline then Test, stopping this conversion is a benefit.

Question 1) Are there any drugs other than test that is true?

As far as I know so far, there would be 3 classes of drugs when it comes to their reaction with finasteride....

Drugs that finasteride helps (in terms of hairloss)
    -an example would be test

Drugs that finasteride has no effect on (in terms of hairloss)
    -an example would be winny

Drugs that finasteride makes worse
    -an example would be deca

Unfortunately I don't know where all the drugs fit. Any help would be a benefit to me and probably many people. Thanks.

Jay

Any ideas... bump

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I think dbol raises test so propecia should help. Also EQ I have read cannot be transformed into DHT via the 5ar pathway so it is a good one to take if you are concerned about hair and would not be affected by propecia. In addition, I have heard anavar works well with propecia.

Personally, I am going to try a cycle of dbol/test/eq/anavar and I am running avodart .5m daily, which is the next generation proscar if you will. I will let everyone know how my hair does at the end. I am prone to Male Pattern Baldness.

Propecia/Proscar blocks 70% type 2 dht at the conversion point, Avodart blocks about 94% type 2 dht, and 50% type 1.

I would suggest to always use anavar as a substitute for winny. The $ are worth it if you like your hair.

Thanks bro. I do like my hair. I'm hitting 30 and thinning is starting. Stopping propecia for even a few months at a time isn't worth it since hair loss is permanent. I'm thinking next cycle I'll probably do Sust/EQ.

Thanks for the info on avodart.

I agree on the winny thing. It's not worth it to me. I stay pretty lean anyway.

Jay

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Jay,

I used proscar 1.25 mg from Aug 1998 to Dec 9, 2002. It stopped my loss but I started avodart Dec 10, 2002 and I am about 1/2 way through my 6th month and I have great regrowth all over the top of my head. No real hairline movement but my hair on top has not been this thick in 7-8 years. If you want more info and a place to get it, try www.medicalwellnesscenter.com. It is a legal site, they do an online consult for $49.99 then mail you a real perscription that you can have filled at a local pharmacy (I took mine to sams club) that is good for 7 months worth. Then you can have them call in refills after that. Good luck! It is pricey right now $72 a month but some people are getting it to go through on their insurance and just paying their copay.

Thanks bro. Much appreciated.

Jay

Thread Information