Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By AD
  • 1 Post By AD
  • 1 Post By AD

Thread: Finasteride and DHT hardening effects

cgi
    cgi is offline Associate Member

Finasteride and DHT hardening effects

So I know Finasteride is taken to prevent the hair loss from DHT. Just a couple questions. Does Finasteride eliminate the hardening effects of DHT compounds like Masteron and Winstrol or do those compounds work just the same with finasteride? Also is it recommended to always take finasteride right off the back even if you don't know if you're prone to MPB and want to keep your hair. I've searched for answers to this and couldn't find any answers.

MartyMcFly is offline Senior Member
    I would never take fin or duta. Side effects from those out weigh having hair. If Winny or Mast still work on Fin then the hairloss side effect will be there too.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    finasteride works by blocking the conversion of test to DHT. this block is supposedly tissue-specific, only the scalp and prostate.

DHT-based AAS are already structurally similar to DHT. which means finas has totally no effect on them. the anabolic effects will still be present, and the hairloss sides is also unaffected.
    jimmyinkedup likes this.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    finasteride works by blocking the conversion of test to DHT. this block is supposedly tissue-specific, only the scalp and prostate.

DHT-based AAS are already structurally similar to DHT. which means finas has totally no effect on them. the anabolic effects will still be present, and the hairloss sides is also unaffected.
    I doubt Finasteride's effects are tissue-specific (because it really softens you up, raises estrogen, and increases gyno symptoms). But the 5a-r enzyme is most concentrated in certain tissues, so the finasteride will be there as well.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 08-05-2013 at 12:33 PM.

agent88 is offline Junior Member
    Be aware finesteride needs or should be taken for 6 months if your concerned with mpb...in thia time u can gauge sides and how much pos effect u will have. U nvr want totake fines with gear such as deca .

agent88 is offline Junior Member
    I have noticed with anavar (even though its already preconverted) it does not effect hardening effects..but can increase chances of gyno

AD
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    I doubt Finasteride's effects are tissue-specific (because it really softens you up, raises estrogen, and increases gyno symptoms). But the 5a-r enzyme is most concentrated in certain tissues, so the finasteride will be there as well.
    there are different isoenzymes of the 5alpha-reductase. currently described as type I, II and III. these are found in different tissues in different concentrations.

finasteride only inhibit 2 of the 3 isoenzymes. the product information insert actually describes finas as a "specific inhibitor of type II 5ar". that is what i was trying to say when i said tissue-specificity. of course, when taken orally, finas is distributed throughout the body. i think it crosses the blood-brain barrier as well.
    Last edited by AD; 08-05-2013 at 06:05 PM.
    agent88 likes this.

JoGib14 is offline Associate Member
    Although finasteride is highly specific in its effects, It does carry out this 'Specific' function of inhibiting DHT effects in all target tissues including muscle, where the actions of DHt are present:

"Finasteride is an inhibitor of 5a-reductase, which is the enzyme responsible for converting testosterone into DHT (dihydrotestosterone).Medically, this drug is used to treat benign prostate hyperplasia (prostate enlargement) and androgenetic alopecia (male pattern hair loss). It is also being investigated as a potential treatment for hirsutism, which describes male patterned hair growth on the face or body of a woman. "Since hair loss is the primary worry among most male steroid users who use reductase inhibitors, finasteride remains a popular ancillary drug in spite of its inability to block DHT conversion in all tissues.
    (Llewellyn, William (2011-08-04). Ln 10865). Molecular Nutrition. )

If you are interested in maximizing the hardening effects of your AAS that are achieved through avenues other than DHT actions, you should opt for a Testesterone or Nandrolone based compound rather than DHT base ones like you mentioned.

AD
    I hope you didn't confuse blocking of 5ar with blocking of DHT.
    agent88 likes this.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    they will do nothing to mast or win cuz they are already a dht, however if you are running any amount of test with those, it would obviously affect that.

cgi
    cgi is offline Associate Member
    Doesn't seem to be much consensus on here. I don't know who or what to believe.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    How do you figure? Everyone agrees that it has no effect on DHT derivatives.

Thread Information