arby is offline Associate Member

Exclamation Enanthate-only cycles

So I just picked up a copy of Chemical Muscle Enhancement by Author L. Rea and a few of the things that he has to say about testosterone have me very concerned. I was planning on running an enanthate -only first cycle, and already oredered my gear and everything.

Some of the advice I got on the boards (including this one) was that (a) testosterone is the "neccessary" ingredient in any stack, (b) 500mg was the minimum weekly dosage to see good gains and that (c) it was my choice whether or not I wanted to stack something like EQ with it, but that 400mg would be the minimum dosage for that.

I had decided to run 500mg by itself. With that said, he has this to say about post-cycle recovery off testosterone:

Testosterone enanthate notably suppressed HPTA function severely. HCG /Clomid were considered almost a must to stimulate normal endogeous (natural) testosterone production within a positive period of time at post use. My personal experience has been that if a cycle containing testosterone enanthate lasted longer than 6 weeks, HCG and usualy Clomid were introduced for 10 days beginning at the end of week #4. (5000 i.u. of HCG 3 times in 10 days usually normalized sperm and endogeous testosterone production to a respectable extent.) Without the use of HPTA stimulating compounds normalization did occur, only at a much slower rate. For this reason, gains made during "enanthate only" administratons were not well maintained after use was discontinued, and much was lost needlessly by most regardless.
    Obviously I am going to be running clomid. But what about HCG? He implies that even with those compounds, recovery off test alone is slow and gains are more than likely diminished. He also has this to say about enanthate only cycles:

Most novice steroid users should not use testosterone. Not only was it considered unneccessary, it would have been foolish to diminish possible later gains when more gentle AAS were no longer providing results at reasonable dosages.
    Opinions? How credible is this?

RB
    Last edited by arby; 05-24-2003 at 06:53 AM.

Matt Foley is offline Member
    no need for HCG ,clomid should be sufficient.words of advice,dont get all your information from one source.look around and gain all the information you can before you decide on anything.there is alot to learn and i found the best place to do so is from people that have experienced different aas themselves and ive found that some books are limited and narrow minded.

im not sure of the context of that book you are reading but test is one of my favorite aas and i would not cycle without it in most cases.no worries with testosterone bro.ever hear the phrase "test is best" now you have and once you do your first cycle with it ,youll know why.
    hope i could shed some light.

MF

secretagentswole is offline Junior Member
    yea, foley hit it right on, do some more research, and I wouldnt waste my time with any stack if it didnt contain test, I bet you the book will also say somthing negative about taking a single aas. for example you wouldnt want to take deca or eq by itself due to the proestro's ....this will cut your sex drive and give you a case of the limpies....my 2 cc's

brundle is offline Associate Member
    I recommend you read all the info on this site:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/catsteroids.htm

ECFATCAT is offline Associate Member
    what he writes is sound ....hcg and clomid are great and very fast ....

you really want to add some thing to the enth. ...trust I love enth. it gives this feeling of well being.....

the dent depot is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up Test Enan only cycle------->

I am in the begining stages of my 1st ever cycle. It happens to be using only QV Test Enan 250mg. After exhaustivly researching, I decided on 1cc every 5 days for 10 weeks... that's roughly 350mg a week or so. I have been on for about 3 weeks, and am loving what is happening to my body. I'm basing this cycle on the theory that my body needs less to respond, and I'm building a gradual foundation of muscle...not quickly slapping on as much as I humanly can. I am taking 25mg Proviron ed, and have Clomid ready for the after cycle time. I don't think I'm going to get super watery, and expect to keep at least 80% of the gains I make on the cycle.

Comments?

chevy44 is offline Member
    while i was down in mexico, i met a bb, that told me, he runs at least 10mgs/day of nolva thruought the cycle! i was just wondering if this was necessary, especially while running high dosages, like 800mgs/wk of cypionate ?
    and to dent depot.......at such low dosages i dont think u will get to much water retention, and the lbs u put on will be quality muscle that will be kept w/ the help of clomid!

bobbo23 is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by chevy44
    while i was down in mexico, i met a bb, that told me, he runs at least 10mgs/day of nolva thruought the cycle! i was just wondering if this was necessary, especially while running high dosages, like 800mgs/wk of cypionate ?
    and to dent depot.......at such low dosages i dont think u will get to much water retention, and the lbs u put on will be quality muscle that will be kept w/ the help of clomid!
    im gonna bump this, curious too..nolva run everyday?

Matt Foley is offline Member
    i will run nolva 10mgs ed periodocally to keep gyno at bay.but again it all depends on how you react to the gear you are usinng and how much of it you use.

i read a post recently that a guy was running 50mgs prop ed and had to run 20 mgs nolva.he knew how he reacted to the gear he was using.

personally i think there are alot more benefits to nolva than given credit for.

Originally posted by bobbo23

im gonna bump this, curious too..nolva run everyday?
    no, don't do this. this will cause an estrogen rebound.
    it's also a bad idea to run it periodically throughout a cycle, as that will also result in a rebound after each period.
    you would be apt to use an aromatase inhibitor for that purpose.

RB

dangit is offline Member
    If you run Nolvadex every day during a cycle, then you should keep on running it till the end of the cycle.

bobbo23 is offline Associate Member
    the dent depot -what week are u currently on and how are u feeling?...where in new orleans are you?

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    I always run 10mg Nolva throughout any cycle. Decrease gains...right...lol IT has some estrogen agonist properties that I like (liver, cholesterol, etc)

Run the test, whoever wrote that was lost. For 1, never take HCG in a higher dose than 1000ius, unless you want to risk damaging leydig cells and being stuck on HRT for the rest of your life. 2, test enanthate only cycle is fine. If you take your proper anti-estrogens throughout you will keep most of your gains. Sounds like the author didnt understand the difference between bloat and muscle...oh well

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired

Re: Test Enan only cycle------->

Originally posted by the dent depot
    I am in the begining stages of my 1st ever cycle. It happens to be using only QV Test Enan 250mg. After exhaustivly researching, I decided on 1cc every 5 days for 10 weeks... that's roughly 350mg a week or so. I have been on for about 3 weeks, and am loving what is happening to my body. I'm basing this cycle on the theory that my body needs less to respond, and I'm building a gradual foundation of muscle...not quickly slapping on as much as I humanly can. I am taking 25mg Proviron ed, and have Clomid ready for the after cycle time. I don't think I'm going to get super watery, and expect to keep at least 80% of the gains I make on the cycle.

Comments?
    Nice cycle Bro

JohnnyB

Thumbs up

Thanks JohnnyB, and everone that has helped me to put it together! Recover times are becoming phenominal!

Originally posted by dangit
    If you run Nolvadex every day during a cycle, then you should keep on running it till the end of the cycle.
    I'm assuming the estrogen goes back down once the testosterone does? Or is it still floating around and waiting to attach to receptor sites?

RB

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Once testosterone decreases, aromatic conversion must also then decrease.

Estrogen does not remain active in the body very long. So dont worry about it.

Zex03 is offline New Member
    I also am getting ready to do an Enanthate cycle only, but i plan on runnin it at 500mg a week for 10 weeks, then hittin the clomid about a week and a half to two weeks after my last injection of test, any thoughts? Oh its Qv 250.

juzcraze is offline New Member
    this is my first cycle ever and I think I took advice from the wrong person, He told me to take some Eq and L-bolin together every week for seven weeks. (eq=2cc L-bolin3cc,eq=3cc Lbolin=4cc,eq=4cc Lbolin=5cc,EQ=5cc lbolin=6cc,eq=4cc Lbolin5cc,eq=3cc l-bolin=4cc,eq=2cc l-bolin=3). Im on my second week, I talked another person and he told me that Eq and L-bolin wont work that well together. he told me I should use Eq and test Enanthate , so i went and got me some. Need some advice, can i drop the L-bolin and replace it with Enanthate on my second week or do I have to stop and wait then start all over, help me out bros tonight Im suppose to gear up.

chevy44 is offline Member
    i dont think switching gears is gonna kill u, especially this early in ur cycle

Farm boy is offline Junior Member

Re: Test Enan only cycle------->

Originally posted by the dent depot

Comments?
    i was just wondering how you are doing with your cycle. i am thinking about running the same cycle. it will be my first. i keep reading where johnny b recommends not overdoing your first cycle or mixing to many togather during your first cycle. i have also read where epfatcat said that enan gave him a feeling of well being. are you experienceing any of this. how has the proviron helped you as far as water retention.

Cycle is going well...pumps are great, so is recovery. Haven't had a problem with water or any sides for that matter (I think partly due to the low doses and also due to the Proviron ). I agree with the well being as well, which is actually how I sold my doctor on giving me an Rx for the gear I'll be using on my next cycles!

I really thought this one out, and used the KISS principle. I rationalized that building slower muscle...is building more permanent muscle. I wont have to struggle to keep the mega pounds I put on my body...and I know larger doses would have put on MUCH more...I just never considered BB to be an endeavor of instant gratification as some do.

I hope I didnt piss anyone off...these are just my opinions.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Glad it's working out, I like the approach myself. The slow go with less to no sides effects is a better way to go IMO

JohnnyB

Thanks JohnnyB!
    Last edited by the dent depot; 06-02-2003 at 06:46 PM.

Thread Information