gymcrazy24 is offline Junior Member

Can someone explain to me what Enanthate & Ester means?

Also i keep seeing the word Prop mentioned, is this a steroid or does it stand for Propinate (if there's such as word) if so what is it.

What do these things mean and what difference does it make.

If there are any other terms you know of you could explain what they are then i'd really appreciate it.

Cheers K

ECKO 747 is offline Associate Member
    Check the Thread by Basskiller.... He does a great job of explaining esters:

http://www.anabolicreview.com/vbulle...&threadid=3152

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Prop is short for Propinate. It's a quick acting test.

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    enanthate , propinate, acetate, cypoinate, etc... are all names for esters...

if you ever hear enth, cyp, or prop... they are referring to a certain type of test. you'll have everything down within the week bro.

just keep reading and asking questions, you'll learn alot here.

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    enanthate and cypionate are long chain esters.........this means it takes a while for the body to break the ester down and release the active ingredient into your bloodstream. this also means you wont see results right away...its usually 2 to 4 weeks on these compounds. and they can be injected less frequently.

propionate , suspension, and acetate are short chain (fast acting) esters. this means the exact opposite of the above. results will come in a much shorter period of time, basically a matter of days. the problem here is that these esters need to be injected at least eod for best results.

did i explain this right you guys?

peace I4L

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    iron spelled them all correctly too! that is a good definition.

remeber though when talking about half-life of esters what it really means. It means how much time before only half the drug is remaining, most of us knew that, but the rate is mistunderstood.

When the depot is first created, the release rate is at the HIGHEST it will ever be. Most assume that it starts off really slow and then speeds up, which WOULD explain why it takes longer to kick in, but thats NOT the case. ITs higher at first and then slows down.

Think of surface area on a beach ball, and then compare it to a tennis ball. Obviously the beach ball has alot more, so if something were to be released from the outside first and work its way slowly in, like a depot, the rate would be highest at the beggining.

With longer esters, although the rate is HIGHest in the beggining, its still a low amount. So it takes quite some more time to be able to accumulate up the plasma levels like something releaseing a higher amount would.

gymcrazy24 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the great feedback,. its all making sense now. Cheers guys.

K from the UK!

Thread Information