mater11 is offline New Member

cytomel......worth the risk?

i was thinking of adding some cytomel to my cycle,(2 on, 2 off clen /t3) but i ususally do good with just the clen, will adding cytomel be that much better? and if so is it worth the risk of permanately screwing up your thyroid? some people say its not worth the risk, but i wanted to get some experienced opinions.
    it will be part of a winny/primo (or eq) cutting cycle.
    i'm only about 9-10% bf right now, so fat loss is not my main priority, but it always helps!

thanks for any info

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Cytomel is a scary drug, if you do use it make sure you research it, esp the tappering periods. I am on it right now and it is awsome. I am losing BF at calorie levels that I would have never lost anything at before. I am starting the tapper down period and only have a little longer to go, I haven't noticed any rebound effects yet. I will keep you informed though. I researched it and I must say, a lot of people feel that below 10% BF it isn't needed. I will be too catabolic at those levels. IMO If you are at 10% don't risk using it, you will be able to shed some more BF with less drastic drugs like Clen /ECA/NYC and what not. At your BF level just pay close attention to your diet and cardio, those will make the difference.

Pain

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    pain? how long have you been running it and what was the max dose you ran up to?
    abstrack@protonmail.com

I am running it for 3 weeks, I have 3 more days on. IMO that is a good amount of time to go, I will try running it a week longer each cycle until I find the "right" number for me, but I rather start low and be safe. The max dose I went up to was 100mcg per day, split into two dosages. The tapper scheme I used was 5/40/55 (up/max/down) I asked a few bros that have run it a lot and that is what they all said was good so I gave it a try. I liked it and would recommend it. The best advice I will give to anyone is take it on an empty stomach (2 hours after eating and 1 hour before eating) you will notice a difference. It gets absorbed much better. Any other questions I might be of help with??

Pain

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    ahh-- i am runing it the same way but for 40 days using the same taping method and doses- with my first dose in the moring before cardio and the in the afternoon before a meal. just curious to see:
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Originally posted by abstrack
    ahh-- i am runing it the same way but for 40 days using the same taping method and doses- with my first dose in the moring before cardio and the in the afternoon before a meal. just curious to see:

Good to hear that another bro is using the same method. Please let me know how the 40 days goes. BTW, what is your BF now and how hard are you going to go down on the calories, also are you running any AS with it to stop the catabolic effects?????

Pain

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    bump...i'm thinking about running T3 in the near future...how has had a bad experienjce with it? Please tell...

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    i ran a t3/clen cycle back in the day. I personally believe you are putting your body through alot for the exact same results you can get from ECA and cardio.

I know its an unpopular opinion but drugs arent always the best thing.

I ate very clean, drank tons of water, cardio x 5 and lifted a 5 day split and i could not see where the t3 made any difference.

If you wanna speed your self up buy a eca stack for 17 bucks called "yellow subs". take one and your lit up!

Leave the t3 out, its not a replacement for steriods , and dont give results most want.

Its very useful but for me personally i think its a waste of cash.

But thats an opinion, read the t3 write up in the educational threads, great cycle info in there for ya!

mater11 is offline New Member
    thanks for the info, i have done my research on it and i am aware of the tapering method, i was actually recommended to start with half a tab, and slowly increase by half a tab, eventually reaching 100mcg's per day, and then decreasing the same way.

Originally posted by mater11
    thanks for the info, i have done my research on it and i am aware of the tapering method, i was actually recommended to start with half a tab, and slowly increase by half a tab, eventually reaching 100mcg's per day, and then decreasing the same way.
    From what I have heard from bro's and personal exp. The tapper up period isn't as important as the tapper down. Spend more effort on the tapper down. But please try whatever you are comfortable with first, don't take advice from anyone on the net unless you are comfortable with it yourself!!!!!!!! Let us know how it works out for you.

Pain

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Originally posted by Buddha_Red
    Leave the t3 out, its not a replacement for steriods , and dont give results most want.

Its very useful but for me personally i think its a waste of cash.

well, what ifyou could get 100 T3 pills for $12...would you reconsider that statement ...seriously...

Originally posted by Big Rush

well, what ifyou could get 100 T3 pills for $12...would you reconsider that statement ...seriously...

T3 is cheap as all hell. IMO that is a bad thing.
    Even worse I ordered a bunch of them and my source ran out of the 25mcg ones so he sent me 50mcg ones at the same price to be a good guy. I was like, OK I hope these things don't expire soon.

Pain

kaoz&zen is offline Junior Member
    haha, nice.

WAK
    WAK is offline New Member
    Originally posted by painintheazz
    Cytomel is a scary drug, if you do use it make sure you research it, esp the tappering periods. I am on it right now and it is awsome. I am losing BF at calorie levels that I would have never lost anything at before. I am starting the tapper down period and only have a little longer to go, I haven't noticed any rebound effects yet. I will keep you informed though. I researched it and I must say, a lot of people feel that below 10% BF it isn't needed. I will be too catabolic at those levels. IMO If you are at 10% don't risk using it, you will be able to shed some more BF with less drastic drugs like Clen /ECA/NYC and what not. At your BF level just pay close attention to your diet and cardio, those will make the difference.

Pain
    Any experience with using the less strength T 4 verese the T 3? Spec's indicate one needs to take 4X the T 4 to equate to similar results as T4. Any 411 on this is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by WAK; 05-06-2003 at 07:57 PM.

spm162 is offline Associate Member
    Don't bother w/ T4. T3 is the active molecule and being as cheap as it is, I don't see any benefit from getting T4 over T3. From one of my sources it is the only thyroid hormone available so I decided to pay the $.75/tab of T3 from my domestic source. Big spender over here!

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by spm162
    Don't bother w/ T4. T3 is the active molecule and being as cheap as it is, I don't see any benefit from getting T4 over T3. From one of my sources it is the only thyroid hormone available so I decided to pay the $.75/tab of T3 from my domestic source. Big spender over here!
    You pay WHAT per tab???? 75 cents!!! You do realize people are getting them for 4 to 5 cents a tab in mexico!
    Dont use that source anymore

spm162 is offline Associate Member
    That is the only source I have for that right now. My domestic source's prices are higher, but paying $38 for T3 doesn't break the bank. Plus I'm not going to mexico anytime soon. It was a matter of paying the money or not using the T3 at all. I'll let you know if it is worth it.

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    I am using T3 right now, I have about 4 days left on my tapering down. I have to say that I am sold on it... I can definitely tell the difference and I am confident that the T3 has good results with minimal side effects. I actually felt more energy and no sides from the cycle... I will be using it again one day.

My t3 cycle was 34 days total, 8 taper up, and 10 taper down. I would recommend tapering up only 3 days maybe.

I have about 120 T4 tabs sitting in my house right now and I am planning on using them on my next bulking cycle to see if they help keep the fat off or help get a little leaner. So I don't know how it works compared to T3 yet, but I have also heard that 4-5X the dosage is needed. Just remember that if you take T4 you have to keep your carb intake up, carbs play a chemical role in the conversion of T4 to T3. So if you used T4 with a low carb diet you probably wouldn't notice much.

Pain

BIG R is offline Member
    Mater,

IF you are already 9-10% you will not need the T3 at all. Sounds like you will taper down just fine. If you opt to use the T3 you could be loseing muscle instead of fat. If you were more around 20-25% than I'd think about it.....

Peace
    R

ozmax98 is offline Associate Member
    PAIN WHAT KIND OF RESULTS DID U GET IN 3 WEEKS??? I'M DOING IT FOR 42 DAYS(REMEMBER . JUST CURIOUS

Originally posted by ozmax98
    PAIN WHAT KIND OF RESULTS DID U GET IN 3 WEEKS??? I'M DOING IT FOR 42 DAYS(REMEMBER . JUST CURIOUS
    hahaha, I got greedy and ran it for 6 weeks. I have an addictive personality, I moved back up to 50mcg and then started a taper down again. I lost about 15lb in the 6 weeks. My diet and cardio were pretty good, but I cheated a fair amount for a couple days (that is why I ran it longer, I know that using drugs to make up for a crappy diet isn't good but I had a ton of stress in my life and couldn't deal)

Pain

goldenFloyd is offline Member
    Pain, is the wait you are losing mostly fat? I assume it is either fat or water. What is your before and after bf?

I would say fat, at first I lose a lot of water and then it levels out, I only have so much water to lose. My BF before was a little above 15% and after I would say I am standing at about 13% or a little less (after I get some carbs in me and water comes back). If my memory and "eye" BF judgement serves me correctly.

Pain

Ignatius J. Reilly is offline New Member

How many punds are people losing on this

I know it depends on the person, genetics and the workout program, but what have people lost?

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Ive still yet to see one case study on permanent thyroids suppression...

Why..cause it doesnt work that way, its not your fucking balls its your thyroid, your not going to screw it up unless your momma and your daddys are...then Id say its safe to say there is a good chance your predisposed to hypothyroidism

T3 IMO is a very safe drug under 120mcg...Not that Ive never gone above that, but it can kick your ass if you dont know what your doing

Increased metabolism isnt particularly selective on where it gets the calories...fat, carbs, muscle..whatever it doesnt matter

I wouldnt do T3 ever without at least 350mg of test in me.

I usually go 10% up, 30% max, 60% down

percentages are the amount of times use the search, one of the mods have a good write up on what im talking about

Thread Information