Infection or what?

Hello everyone this is my first cycle. I injected Test E a week ago with a 23g 1 and half inch pin and attempted to hit the ventroglute but I think I missed. When injecting I felt a sharp pinch and everything was fine until day 3 where the pain hit. I figured it was a virgin muscle because this had been my 3rd injection but first time in this spot. My muscle has been swollen and has been sore for about a week since the injection. It seemed like it was getting better then I played football this past Sunday and felt a twinge in the muscle and it was injured again. I'm not sure how else to describe this i hope this is enough information to have some light shed on this information. If you guys need anymore information please let me know. Also thanks in advanced for any light shed on this situation.

PS: The muscle doesn't seem hot to touch its not red just swollen and sore.

barbery is offline Banned
    Well you didn't hit he sciatic nerve

Doubt it is an infection because that is bacterial and wouldn't get better and then get worse due to physical contact in football. And it's not swollen or sore or hot to touch so I don't get what the issue is

Probably just a bruised muscle and bad case of pip or something unrelated completely like from overtraining

Thanks for the quick reply I was getting nervous. The issue is that it's swollen and difficult to walk still a week later. I figured it wasn't infection I guess I just wanted some reassurance. I'll keep icing it and hoping it will go down. Thank you again Barbery.

PS: sorry for the newb question I've been researching for a few days now
    Last edited by Bigger_strongrFaster; 10-16-2013 at 07:38 AM.

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    No problem with the noob Q's that's why we are here. It sounds like a bruise within your muscle tissue. If you hit a never you would scream and back out most assuredly. You may have moved the needle too much. There is no such thing as virgin muscle.

If it is not RED or Hot you probably do not have an infection, but on that note just keep an eye out for those symptoms and they appear get to the doctor. Relax use ice and anti-inflammatory med. ...good luck ..crazy mike

Such a relief

Quote Originally Posted by crazy mike View Post
    No problem with the noob Q's that's why we are here. It sounds like a bruise within your muscle tissue. If you hit a never you would scream and back out most assuredly. You may have moved the needle too much. There is no such thing as virgin muscle.

If it is not RED or Hot you probably do not have an infection, but on that note just keep an eye out for those symptoms and they appear get to the doctor. Relax use ice and anti-inflammatory med. ...good luck ..crazy mike
    Thank you Crazy Mike, like I said I had a feeling that it wasn't an infection; but thank you for the reassurance that's what i was truly after. First time injecting paranoia set in with me, and why did you say there's no such thing as a virgin muscle that's all I heard from everyone. Not trying to insult just trying to learn.

Giggle is offline Female Member
    Because you are new and sound like a nice guy - I wanted to make sure you are using alcohol correctly to make sure you DON'T get in infection.
    Be sure to wipe the skin and the bottle top thoroughly - that goes without saying. But where some people mess up is that they don't wait for the alcohol to DRY. Alcohol works because it denatures proteins, and it has to have time to dry.

I know - nurses all the time wipe your arm down and stick the needle in with it wet. Don't!
    Then after you poke in the needle - try not to move it around. You can see how it would traumatize the tissues, which is likely to cause soreness - but also likely to cause scarring in the tissue over time.
    My opinion is with Mike about virgin muscle - but it may be newbie technique. The good thing about new muscle is that the needle slides in like butter!
    Any questions, just holler.

Bert is offline Senior Member
    You'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggle View Post
    Because you are new and sound like a nice guy - I wanted to make sure you are using alcohol correctly to make sure you DON'T get in infection.
    Be sure to wipe the skin and the bottle top thoroughly - that goes without saying. But where some people mess up is that they don't wait for the alcohol to DRY. Alcohol works because it denatures proteins, and it has to have time to dry.

I know - nurses all the time wipe your arm down and stick the needle in with it wet. Don't!
    Then after you poke in the needle - try not to move it around. You can see how it would traumatize the tissues, which is likely to cause soreness - but also likely to cause scarring in the tissue over time.
    My opinion is with Mike about virgin muscle - but it may be newbie technique. The good thing about new muscle is that the needle slides in like butter!
    Any questions, just holler.
    Thanks Giggle for the concern. I am very careful on making sure everything is sterile. I wipe down the area i am putting my supplies on, wash hands, wipe the top down with an alcohol wipe, pull from one needle then switch to another, wipe down the injection area waiting till it dries like you said, stick, aspirate , inject slowly, pull out needle, and dispose properly. This is an awesome forum thank you guys for your quick replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigger_strongrFaster View Post
    Thank you Crazy Mike, like I said I had a feeling that it wasn't an infection; but thank you for the reassurance that's what i was truly after. First time injecting paranoia set in with me, and why did you say there's no such thing as a virgin muscle that's all I heard from everyone. Not trying to insult just trying to learn.
    AS everyone said to you if you watch and feel, you WILL know an infection and it will hurt like a MF and you will welcome a doctors help and antibiotics will help straight away. WE can't see it or feel it only you can. If really in doubt and in pain, get to the ER or doc, don't wait on us to guess, but so glad you asked us,.

Virgin muscle ? lets think about that. If you pin new muscle tissue, soft and supple and you do it with steady hands, not cutting around inside excessively and with a new sharp pin, you should not have much PIP. The concentration might burn.

Now if you pin some muscle tissue that has been punctured over and over you will build scare tissue from the damage caused by the needle. If you keep pining that site you will experience cutting through this tough scare tissue and this WILL cause pain. The tougher the tissue the tougher thee entry of the needle and the revers of pulling it out.

So in fact muscle tissue does not get used to the injections. There is the mental strength and the less fear that make it easier. But in fact better to inject into muscle that has never been injected or in reality torn and cut by a needle. IMOP I would rather have that so called Virgin muscle, soft and supple than to stab some hard scare tissue.

My past experience with IM and IV shows me this to be common sense and true to the touch. ..crazy mike
    Last edited by crazy mike; 10-16-2013 at 10:40 PM.

It makes sense now

Quote Originally Posted by crazy mike View Post
    AS everyone said to you if you watch and feel, you WILL know an infection and it will hurt like a MF and you will welcome a doctors help and antibiotics will help straight away. WE can't see it or feel it only you can. If really in doubt and in pain, get to the ER or doc, don't wait on us to guess, but so glad you asked us,.

Virgin muscle ? lets think about that. If you pin new muscle tissue, soft and supple and you do it with steady hands, not cutting around inside excessively and with a new sharp pin, you should not have much PIP. The concentration might burn.

Now if you pin some muscle tissue that has been punctured over and over you will build scare tissue from the damage caused by the needle. If you keep pining that site you will experience cutting through this tough scare tissue and this WILL cause pain. The tougher the tissue the tougher thee entry of the needle and the revers of pulling it out.

So in fact muscle tissue does not get used to the injections. There is the mental strength and the less fear that make it easier. But in fact better to inject into muscle that has never been injected or in reality torn and cut by a needle. IMOP I would rather have that so called Virgin muscle, soft and supple than to stab some hard scare tissue.

My past experience with IM and IV shows me this to be common sense and true to the touch. ..crazy mike
    Thanks Crazy Mike for the clarification. After taking it easy it is starting to get better its quite possible it was just a bad injection, I guess paranoia got to me. Ice has been my friend. Thank you for clearing up the "virgin muscle" I guess I heard to much broscience, and sort of believed it.

PS: thank you guys for being so understanding this is a new game for me first cycle pinning, I had only done orals before this
    Last edited by Bigger_strongrFaster; 10-17-2013 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Added More

Cool man, right back. Hang in and good luck ...cm

*Update* for anyone that was following this tread the pain has gone away and I now have full range of motion back in my leg. Icing every hour for 20 minutes and ibuprofen 3 times a day seemed to do the trick. I never had a red flare up so probably as everyone had posted just bad technique.

Thanks everyone again for your help

Thread Information