BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

A tale of two quads

Does anyone else have this problem, and, if so, what can it be attributed to?

Tuesdays and Fridays are inject days. Tuesday is right quad, Friday is left. I love, look forward to and cherish Friday injections. I loathe, despise and am frightened by the prospects of Tuesday injections.

Left quad injections pierce the skin painlessly, the oil goes in easy, and there is NO next day pain. Right quad injections sting going it, are a bitch to finish, and ALWAYS give me day-after pain!! Why this discrepancy? I try to do both legs as close to the same as i can in terms of placement, holding the needle steady, rate of injection, etc. What is the problem?

NEO-OEN is offline Associate Member
    Might be a stupid question green, but is it all the same gear? You might just be building up more scar tissue on one side of your quad too. I notice mine a random, one week one side hurts and then maybe its other side the next week. Also are you left handed or right handed? one side is always easier to do cuz there is less bending. Good luck.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    i am right handed so the only times i experience pain are when i inject into my right arm or shoulder.

every other inject that i can use my right hand to steadily inject with turns out to be good, but every now and then i have too much movement since the left hand is not as steady as the right.

my dexterity has improved since i began cycling, so keep practicing if you think it may be your non-dominant hand.

other than that, maybe you are just a freak

mammoth is offline Member
    I have that same problem. I would like to attribute it to the fact that I am right-handed and my dominant side is my right side, however I really don't know why it is the way it is. The muscles on my right side seem to always be harder and stiffer than the ones on the left.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I have the same problem in the left quad. So I don't walk around like a gimp I've been hitting the same quad twice a week and then going to the other. So for just one week I have pain.

Screenz is offline Junior Member
    I have this same problem but w/ my left quad and I'm left handed so does your right quad make any sense?

Yes I'm right handed, and yes it's the same gear in both instances. Also, my left quad is about an inch and a half bigger, so maybe that helps the stuff dissipate a little bit in the left??

Hopefully it's a dexterity issue and will improve, because I used to have Smallville to look forward to on Tuesdays to take the sting out of that morning's injection. Now, with smallville over for the summer, there's really nothing i can do tuesday to ameliorate the sting of the right quad injection.

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by BigGreen
    because I used to have Smallville to look forward to on Tuesdays to take the sting out of that morning's injection. Now, with smallville over for the summer, there's really nothing i can do tuesday to ameliorate the sting of the right quad injection.
    Smallville kicks ass bro.

I stopped all quad injects because I end up limping around like a gimp for 2-3 days after the shot, that's only if I don't heat the oil though. But my cycle is at it's end anyways so oh well. Good luck anyways.

David B. is offline Member
    My right one does feel like it's wired more directly to my brain than the left one. I always feel the needle sliding all the way in, on the right quad.

I like glute shots. For me they're always painless, although I often get ugly contusions back there. On quads, I never get contusions but often get pain for several days.

--dave

jleighty17 is offline Associate Member
    i love smallville i watched it every week except in central ohio here it is on wednesday nights
    JLI

I guess I'll just have to deal with it...it's not as if it's unbearable, just real tough. I almost thought about doing lower left quad on tuesdays and upper left quad on fridays, but that will get old real fast.

And, yes, smallville does kick some ass...though i'm more than a little concerned that the final episode with lex crashing into the sea will end up being a dream sequence...a cheap cop out if ever there was one.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I hate doing left quads, right quads i dont feel a thing but left i really feel the pin going in. But on shoulders both injections are totaly painless. Go for the delts bro, i´t´s just as easy as the quads.

Thread Information