Thread: Busted?

schwole is offline New Member

Busted?

check this out. today my package arrived it was domestic. I have been living here for 11 years and never has there been mail delivered by someone in a normal non postal vehicle . some dude in a raggedy red pick up truck pulls up and says hey your postal guy forgot this (package) so they sent me out with it. he didnt have any name tag or id hanging of his shirt pants or whatever and asked me to sign for it . i looked at it and relluctantly told him that i didnt know what he was talking about and i wasnt signing. he said ok ill just write refused and got in his truck and left.......what do yall think about that ? im pissed that was alot of shit !!!

G-S Guest
    Do you normally have to sign for packages from your source?

no. in fact source said he waived the sig.....he could have forgotten im not sure hasnt got back with me yet ...

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I don't think a controlled delivery would come as such, but you made a proper decision regaurdless.

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    Sounds like a fishy story.

yeah it does

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    Hey Brother shoot me a pm im from LA too and awaiting a domestic package as well.

superjew is offline Associate Member
    What a bizarre incident! Some guy roles up in a red pick up truck and tells you your postman forgot to give this to you!!!???? What the fuck is that! Sounds like something the backwoods cops in my area would pull. I would've pulled him aside, ( after refusing the package ) and grilled him. Do you work for the post office? What is your name? How can I contact your boss? Etc.. Good thing you refused it, sounds hella fishy! By the way, it might be a good idea to hide your gear in a safe place. Get it out of the house for awhile if possible. From what I understand, the police can get a search warrant just for discovering a package with AAS going to your address.
    Last edited by superjew; 05-29-2003 at 12:39 PM.

yeah exactly what i thought I am kinda in the backwoods myself lol and the grilling him part was def in my mind but at the particular moment i was to affraid to say anything wish i would have though. man........there went 2 grand

Jarod is offline Associate Member
    You normally do not have to sign for it and he was asking you to sign......no id on his shirt? the regular car thing does not hit me as odd because I have sent packages next day air priority and the receivers have told me that sometimes they just send out an employee as soon as they get it in, to deliver it and they wer in non postal vehicles.....but sign for it if you have never signed before , check with your source and even still this sounds like a big judgment call........................

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    you made the right decision. that sounds really shady IMO. i really hope it wasnt a controlled delivery from a domestic source, thats always a bad thing.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    So you refuse the package if it's not a controlled delivery it'll go back to your source and he can reship it. But if it was, does your source have any kind of policy on reshipping?

JohnnyB

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Sounds like some country ass shit to me. Let me guess, you live in rural LA? It would sound fishy to a city person, but not someone who knows how shit goes down. You actually probably would have been ok to sign and accept, but you did the right thing. If you want, shoot me a PM with some more info. and I could possibly better assess the situation.

if it wasnt a controlled del. then it was def his mistake by not signing the waiver of sig . yeah i would pay 3000 to stay out of jail to but i would rather send 3000 to someone who new what they were doing and not worry about jail lol ............oh well nothing i can do about it now i guess it happens to the best of us

xplicit is offline Member
    Well why dont you call the post office and tell them about what happen and see if they still haev your package???? i dont think they would just throw away the package. Also by calling and explaining what happen ull find out for sure if the PO does send out guys with no tag or uniform for some packages. I wouldnt give up on this yet try calling them and explaining your situation and tell them you refused the package casue you didnt know who the hell he was, if in fact they did send him out.

i did call and the package is indeed at the PO but i didnt go into all the stuff about the guy who sent it ....i just said that i was the recipient and that my roommate had refused the package ....but this is where i am fucked because its not really my name on the package so i cant go to the PO and pick it up not saying that i would anyway as bad as i do want my stuff. i told them just to send it out the following day and they said they it would cost them money to send it back out ...

xplicit is offline Member
    If they did send it out and the guy who brough it to your house works for the PO then i guess that eases ur head a little bit, but you said they never made u sign for a package before so i dont know why the change in that proceduece.

If your name aint on it, who name is on it? Is it a freind or family memebr or some made up name.
    Maybe you can find someone who doesnt give a shit and will go and pick up the package for you, but then you got to worry if something bad does happen will he rat u out.

I dunno man its a tough call and i really feel bad if it was a 300,400 dollar package i would say fuck it but 3 grand is a lot of money and i know you dont want to just forget about it. I wish i could help ya dude. Try and see if they would resend the package if your willing to pay the cost of them reshipping it ?????

yeah i told them i would pay but they said no....and yeah its just a made up name .......oh well i did try and get one stupid dude to go and get it he got scared to lol thanks though i did learn a good lesson though

Pumped109 is offline Associate Member
    Call the post office asap and inquire about the pack. If it was controlled and you declined acceptance the authorities will take it. If it was legit the post office will have it. Check with them and post back.

Power-BB is offline Associate Member
    Wow there are some smart ass guys on these boards.

Best of luck on getting your package bro

Power

caseyviator is offline Banned

imo

the guy was legit
    if it was a controlled delivery they would bust whether you accepted it or not!!! i am certain of this......since the laws passed after 9/11 they do what they want and let it get sorted out in court!!

it does not matter anymore
    if it is a controlled delivery they will cum in if ya signed or not its that simple!! so go get yr shit!!

Nico Cujo is offline New Member
    I'm from rural LA too. The postperson drives their own personal vehicle.
    When they have a package for me to sign, they drive to my garage and blow the horn. No biggy.

Re: imo

Originally posted by caseyviator
    the guy was legit
    if it was a controlled delivery they would bust whether you accepted it or not!!! i am certain of this......since the laws passed after 9/11 they do what they want and let it get sorted out in court!!

it does not matter anymore
    if it is a controlled delivery they will cum in if ya signed or not its that simple!! so go get yr shit!!
    Well in Legal Muscle (Rick Collins a steriod lawyer) said they can't bust you for shit unless you take the package in your hands. If you tell them to send it back to the owner, and don't take it in your possession they can't do a damn thing.

Power

caseyviator is offline Banned

Re: Re: imo

Originally posted by Power-BB

Well in Legal Muscle (Rick Collins a steriod lawyer) said they can't bust you for shit unless you take the package in your hands. If you tell them to send it back to the owner, and don't take it in your possession they can't do a damn thing.

Power
    id dunno about rick?????
    if he says that or not

i do know they go in whether ya take it or not.................believe it or not ...i dont really care

because i know this for sure

they will cum in,,,then let it get sorted out in court!! think what ya want

KGB
    KGB is offline New Member
    The sitaution was fishy , but what it came down to was that the source forgot to waive sig. I even have talked to some poeple who said that he tends to forget. it was a error on his part and it shouldn't go unoticed.

Big rush shoot me a pm bro... im close to you

i have been reading these boards for a long time now and have ordered my fair share of sups and all i have ever heard people say is NEVER SIGN FOR SHIT my name wasnt on that box or anyones name i even know just in case some stupid shit like this happened i live in a town with well over 100,000 people so its really not rural and like i said i have been getting mail for 25 years here and NEVER has a dude in a raggedy red pick up or any other vehicle besides a post truck delivered .......he wasnt there to deliver all my mail just that one pack.....30 minutes later the reg post man came and delivered my mail.....i was born at night but not last night.......hey maybe it was legit i dont know but when you tell someone you gave that much money to to waive the sig and all this fishy shit happens i dont know anyone who would have done any diff than i did

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    i would have done the same thing man.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member

Re: Re: imo

Originally posted by Power-BB

Power
    I have to agree here. There is no way they can bust you for something that you didn't accept. Remember they have to have a legit case in court. IMO 2K is enough to do a controlled delivery, and yes, I think it was indeed that. If your source says he waved the signature, and this guy asked you to sign for it, yes, I think indeed it was, unless your guy forgot to check that box when he sent the pack. YOU DID THE CORRECT THING.
    Now I am sure that the Feds dea, can obtain a search warrant and search your house for possible AS. However, they want a sure thing, they know that if they go in with a search warrant and there is a chance you don't have anything they have just blown their cover and case. If your name was not on the package, and if you did not sign for it, I can't personally see how they can pop you and make it stand in court unless they obtain a search warrant and search your premisses and find something. There is no evidence, and you can always say, that you didn't know who or what the package was, or who it was from. That will stand up in a court of law, especially if you didn't sign for it, they have no proof that you ordered and the package was for you. Good wise decission buddy. I would not order anything else or have it sent to another addy. Now what they can do, is if they know another package is coming let you accept it, and serve you with a search warrant and bust you.

I guess I've read a lot from Rick Collins (he's in this month's musclemag) but the DEA doesn't handle shit anymore. It's usually the US Postal Services, customs and local authorities. DEA is so filled with narcotics they don't handle gear related problems anymore unless it's a ton of shit.

Most search warrants are listed under if conditions. They can only come in your place IF you take the package. If you don't then they can't do shit. Don't know the official name but judges will almost never hand out full blown search warrants and usually just hand out these "if" warrants.

Take it as you like caseyviator, but this guy (Rick Collins) has handled thousands of steriod cases. I think he knows what he's talking about. No offense intended.

Power

MR BICEPS is offline Associate Member
    Can you go sign for it under a fake name? Just tell them you lost your wallet yesterday and you may be able to get it. Thats what I'd probably do. Dont call just go down there and catch them off guard. If they refuse dont act nervous but angered so you dont look suspicious.

Keep us posted!

Badass_lifter is offline Junior Member
    if it was me just to be safe I would hide my gear like some1 said earlier

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    I don't know about the U.S. but using a fake name on postal mail in Canada is a fedral offence.When i get shit sent to me i get it sent to The Britney Spears Fan Club.This way the assholes can't ask for ID.

Thread Information