monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin

Exclamation reminder for everyone...

i just went to shoot in my glute, aspirated, and got alot of dark red blood. ive done dozens of injects, and this is the first time ive been in a vein. so just a reminder for everyone to be diligent. it can be all too easy to be lazy and simply not aspirate or wipe everything down with alcohol.

god bless. -MC

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Good thing you caught it, bro.

BUMP.

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    When i drew blood once i was scared shitless. But it is not thta big of a deal.

flexgolf is offline Member
    do you generally try to inject in the same spot of ur glute?

Great info mcjones. I really don't understand why people DON"T aspirate . Its could be detimental if you don't, and it only takes a sec.

Big Presser is offline Junior Member
    thanks for the reminder... same shit happened to me 2 weeks ago but everything turned out alright... and I HAD aspirated. So it can still happen as it did with monster and I. Thanks again for the post.

BIG PRESSER

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    anybody catch ER last night? It was a rerun, but the doctor was giving flu shots, and just jabbed the needle in and pushed on the plunger. No aspirating at all.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I'm very anal about everything and I might have a little OCD but

1. I always go to spotinjections site and bring up the bodypart I'm hitting that day no matter how many times I've hit it in the past

2. I wash my hands, wipe down the vials and the pins I'm using

3. I Draw, get all the bubles out of the syringe, put on some crazy ass music, wipe the area I'm hitting with alcohol, stick, and always aspirate .

Aspirating takes like two seconds.....

Dirk D. is offline Junior Member
    Good point! Today, I did the same and pulled back, dark red blood! Make sure you aspiraite...pull back on the syringe. you should see bubbles, NOT blood. IF you see blood, try another site, maybe an inch away from the inital spot!

flexgolf is offline Member
    not my thread but thanks for the great info..itll help me a bunch cause ive been nervous

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by dizzle
    It was a rerun, but the doctor was giving flu shots, and just jabbed the needle in and pushed on the plunger. No aspirating at all.
    I actually have never had a real nurse aspirate on me. It really has pissed me off the last couple of years. I havent really wanted to give the nurse "tips," and make me seem like a druggie. My last tetnus (sp?) shot in the delt, the dude used a 21g 1" needle!! I was like hold on...WTF, he didnt stop. He Jammed it in my shoulder as fast as he could, didnt aspirate, and injected @ 90mph! These shity nurses really make me mad. Do they just figure since you are at a hospital/doctors office, they dont need to take precautions? Or what!?

chevy44 is offline Member
    good info! but i have a quick ? what if u do get dark red blood? do u pull out and get the blood out of the syringe or do u shoot the blood back in being careful not to inject any gear? sorry if its a stupid question, but i have never gotten blood when i aspirated!

Dirk D. is offline Junior Member
    I would just leave the blood in there and reinject an inch away from the original injection spot. Your blood is sterile as long as if you do not expost it. Teh only bad thing about putting the blood back in is that it may cause more bruising in the injection site.........may cause.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by chevy44
    good info! but i have a quick ? what if u do get dark red blood? do u pull out and get the blood out of the syringe or do u shoot the blood back in being careful not to inject any gear? sorry if its a stupid question, but i have never gotten blood when i aspirated!
    NO you do not inj the blood back! Pull out and swap needles, removing the blood at the same time.

halifaxsteve is offline Member
    Originally posted by Dirk D.
    I would just leave the blood in there and reinject an inch away from the original injection spot. Your blood is sterile as long as if you do not expost it. Teh only bad thing about putting the blood back in is that it may cause more bruising in the injection site.........may cause.
    and make sure to change the pin before re-injecting...OUCH!!! made that mistake once

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by 956Vette

I actually have never had a real nurse aspirate on me. It really has pissed me off the last couple of years. I havent really wanted to give the nurse "tips," and make me seem like a druggie. My last tetnus (sp?) shot in the delt, the dude used a 21g 1" needle!! I was like hold on...WTF, he didnt stop. He Jammed it in my shoulder as fast as he could, didnt aspirate, and injected @ 90mph! These shity nurses really make me mad. Do they just figure since you are at a hospital/doctors office, they dont need to take precautions? Or what!?
    I know what you're saying. I got a tetnus shot a few months ago, and the nurse was like a mosquito. It was about a 27g pin, but she came in, threw the dart into my delt, slammed the plunger in and left. 10 seconds max! Did they not pay attention in school?

-moto

Vaj10 is offline Associate Member
    my dads a doctor and when he gave me my flu shot i was like why dont you aspirate ... his response was what the hell do you know about aspirating (im sure he was thinking this). He said he and other health care pros do it so fast you dont even notice.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Originally posted by Vaj10
    my dads a doctor and when he gave me my flu shot i was like why dont you aspirate... his response was what the hell do you know about aspirating (im sure he was thinking this). He said he and other health care pros do it so fast you dont even notice.

exactly. 2 things

1. you dont see because they are trained to use their ring finger tip to very lightly pull back. i say VERY lightly

2. it takes very very little pressure pulling back on the syringe to get blood IF you are in a vien. In fact, you dont really have to pull back at all, the blood pressure itself can be enough to go into the syringe.

btw some medicines are ok if they do go into the blood stream

divx is offline Junior Member
    I've been hitting my quads now for about 5 weeks ED and never hit a vein but I always aspirated. Yesterday I aspirated and drew a shit load of blood within a second! I was like holy shiat. I almost got to the point that I said that I would never hit a vein in my quad, thank god for being a creature of habit and aspirating all the time. NEVER NEVER inject with out aspirated!!! Even if you think it is a waste of time and you know your body.

Executioner is offline Banned
    i figure at least 1 other person out there is wondering -

What is the purpose of aspirating, and how exactly do you do it?

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    Aspirating is pulling back the plunger to make sure that you're not in a vein or blood vessel. If you pull up blood, you'll want to pull out and poke somewhere else. If you pull back a bubble or light colored fluid, then you're ready to inject.

GetNBig is offline Associate Member
    bump, good thread.
    I have a question though if u didn't aspirate and just kept injecting, what are the possible bad outcomes?

divx is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by GetNBig
    bump, good thread.
    I have a question though if u didn't aspirate and just kept injecting, what are the possible bad outcomes?
    Death, Cardiact arrest, passing out, coughing like crazy and a bunch of other bad things! Always aspirate .

GetNBig is offline Associate Member
    oh i see. I was injecting today, hard to aspirate in the ass. I put the needle in then tried to pull back the plunger just a little, hard stuff.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by GetNBig
    oh i see. I was injecting today, hard to aspirate in the ass. I put the needle in then tried to pull back the plunger just a little, hard stuff.
    Right.... if you're in the muscle and not a vein then it will be hard to pull back but you can do it. It like a vacume effect when you're in the muscle.

BigLarry is offline Associate Member
    I generally aspirate every shot. So its alright to plunge those bubbles back in when u aspirate. I know its wrong when you draw out and get the air bubbles out.

Thread Information