Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kronik420

Thread: Training / Diet during PCT

NotTheSame is offline New Member

Training / Diet during PCT

Just reading around a little bit and see some people recommend reducing training workload during the PCT stage of their cycle. I' see a lot of people saying they keep intensity up but reduce volume. Is this how you guys would attack things?

What about diet, continue bulking as normal, or does that alter in the PCT stage too? From what i've read most people have just said eat as much if not more (which is a no brainier) but i think i also remember reading increase your protein intake. Any insight on this?

Just trying to figure the best way to go about things to minimize losses in both strength and muscle gains.

For the record i am not planning on starting a cycle anytime soon this is purely just to learn the best way to go about things if i do decide to. Thanx.

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    PCT is a time for recovery, keep intensity up, reduce volume, keep calories high..
    Rida5d likes this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR

Rida5d is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
    PCT is a time for recovery, keep intensity up, reduce volume, keep calories high..
    Great answer.

NotTheSame is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Have a raed at this

Link

Thanx for that. For some reason i hadn't noticed the "Educational threads" part of the forum. I'm gonna try burn through a lot of those threads though it looks like i've already read a few of them.

Thanx to the other guys that answered as well.

KingJ243 is offline New Member
    Training frequency and volume should be decreased. You will not be able to recover as quickly or efficiently and training the same as you did on cycle will only result in overtraining and you losing more gains. Training intensity is non-negotiable. Personally, I am a big fan of High Intensity Rest-Pause training. If you are prepping for a show, or just enjoy lifting every damn day, then a 5-6 day split would make sense. If coming off after a bulking cycle however, and overall body conditioning isn't a concern, then a 3 day split (legs, chest/shoulders/tris, back/biceps) will suit you very well. Splitting your routine up like that will give your ungeared body the time it needs to recover.

Also, EAT! It may be different for everyone, but my appetite while off cycle doesn't really change, so I can put down around the same amount of food I was eating during cycle no problem. Protein synthesis is at an all time low during PCT, so upping your protein intake is a good move.

Stay Heavy

Thread Information