oldmanliftr is offline New Member

Question Post cycle question?

After a bulking cycle (deca +dbol ) and when starting clomid, what changes to your workout has worked for anyone out there. I have been doing heavy sets, low reps. Cardio has been just warm up and cool down, not heavy. Put on 18lbs in 5 weeks and are on 6th week of a 8 week cycle. Strength has kicked in like a mad bastard and max-out weight jumped 40% on average. Swole up like a 18 year old in a whore house!

I plan on taking clen with clomid to keep as much gains as possible. Do I need to continue my regular workout with less weight or go to a different lighter workout (more reps, light weight).

Also, this is my first cycle and what, if any, will the post cycle crash be like?

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    You'll get different answers from different people. I like to go up in reps when on juice 12-15, then bring it down to the 6-8 range. You'll have to find what works for you.

JohnnyB

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm 37 and am also finishing up a cycle. I am currently running EQ/TEST cyp @600MG wk. I plan to close out with 6wks of D-bol (tapered)

When I come off a cycle I shift my focus to cutting and hardening, so I drop the weight (and sets) to about 2/3 of what I was doing the last few weeks of the cycle, but I bump up the reps to where I fail between 12-20, (the lower weight also helps with joint pain that creeps back in as the TEST levels drop)
    This routine change helps me maintain what I have gained, while also giving me more muscular endurance and hardness. But like Johnny said, you will probably get a LOT of different approaches to post cycle maintenance, so at least you'll have a few ideas to mull over.
    By the way, nice job on the gains, almost 20lbs in 5 wks, impressive…
    Good luck,
    ~R

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    I did like you after my 1st cycle (enan,deca ,dbol )...stayed with heavy weight, pyramiding sets, reps 12,10,8,6....basically, I didn't change my training. I also ran clomid for 4 weeks and used cell tech. My diet stayed around 3,500 calories, which is where it was during the cycle, I didn't change it. The strength/weight held on mostly for about 5 weeks, then I noticed both begin to fade. My body weight slowly started dropping around week 5-6, and 3 months later, I ended up keeping about 18 of the 27 pounds I gained while on (70%).

oldmanliftr is offline New Member

Cardio

What about cardio? Do you also up the cardio to help with the cutting in post cycle or does that burn up to much of the gains?

I was also thinking about using creatine for awhile.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    Ok, I am speaking only from my experience (5 cycles), but here goes... I have come to accept the fact that I am going to lose 30-50% of my gains once I go off the juice. That’s why I concentrate on hardening up while off cycle. As for cardio post cycle, I do racquetball for anaerobic and long distance cycling for aerobic. I do think heavy cardio while off cycle can lead to muscle loss. (have you ever seen a buff marathon runner?) It’s really a per-case basis, meaning some guys retain more than others,,, maybe it’s a gene thing, but I know training and diet have a lot to do with it.

Thread Information