Thread: blood pressure

halifaxsteve is offline Member

blood pressure

so i was having a new performance exhaust installed on my car yesterday, and i had to go out back in the muffler shop to show the guys what to do. the stupid fuck lowered my car and one of the beams supporting it onto my foot! lol...1600lbs straight onto the big toe...and it's not broken!

anyway...went to ER to have it xrayed (but only after i went to the gym..haha) and they took my blood pressure (this was at least 1hr after my workout)...139/84!!!! i knew my bp was up since starting the cycle, i could feel it, but had no idea it was that high! my normal bp is ~100/60-110/60 (as low as 80/50) with a resting heart rate of 60-65. i find that i have these slight, transient headaches, from spikes in my bp.

i know that my bp was due to go up on the cycle, but that much and that high?

steve

righton is offline Senior Member
    You call that high???? Try 184/109...that what mine stays at most of the time when i'm on a cycle!! It'll go back to 150/84 which is normal for me.

Actually bro thats not too high. Anything over 150/100 is considered hypertensive.

Originally posted by 01dragonslayer
    Actually bro thats not too high. Anything over 150/100 is considered hypertensive.
    everything i was taught in univ said hypertensive was 140/100, and previous health canada guidelines consider 140/100 hypertensive. however, health canada has since revised this, indicating that 130 systolic (can't remember the diastolic) is cause for concern, and now considered as pre-hypertensive. however, i do understand that this is for the average lazy canadian citizen...

i would not otherwise show concern in a of a bp of 139/84, if my 'off' bp was 120/80....but seeing as it ranges from 80/50-110/60, that is a significant jump. i was just wondering how much the average on-cycle bp jump is...

thanks for the input...it's greatly appreciated
    steve
    Last edited by halifaxsteve; 05-30-2003 at 11:48 AM.

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    hey hs my bp did just about the same thing on my cycle. from low normal to ~ 145/85, so a good 20 points or more it has jumped.

Originally posted by halifaxsteve

everything i was taught in univ said hypertensive was 140/100, and previous health canada guidelines consider 140/100 hypertensive. however, health canada has since revised this, indicating that 130 diastyolic (can't remember the sys) is cause for concern, and now considered as pre-hypertensive. however, i do understand that this is for the average lazy canadian citizen...

i would not otherwise show concern in a of a bp of 139/84, if my 'off' bp was 120/80....but seeing as it ranges from 80/50-110/60, that is a significant jump. i was just wondering how much the average on-cycle bp jump is...

thanks for the input...it's greatly appreciated
    steve
    There was a revision here in the states no too long ago that says that a BP of less than 130/85 is considered normal; 130-139/85-89 is high normal; and greater than 140/90 is considered high. I know my BP elevates to almost 160/90 when I'm cycling, but I don't get overly concerned because I really don't feel the effects of it. My normal BP is around 130/85. If you start to have headaches, feel dizzy, lightheaded or expirience any vertigo, thats when I would start to get really concerned and either cut back on the anabolics or go see your doc to have it treated with medication. Its really hard to say what an average jump in BP is because everyone is different bro.

well it's not like i have these constant, throbbing headaches. i was the type of person who never had headaches before...and i just find now that if something sets me off, i get a slight headache which goes away as i calm down...that's all.

as for the issue of cuttting back, i'm running deca only @400mg/wk, so not much room to cut...i'll just watch my diet a little more closely.

thanks
    steve

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    use anti-estrogens at the PROPER dose (not the half-assed get by with doses) and it will greatly cut down on that! (not directed at anyone, just saying in general)

also, for me, unless they bring out the big cuff, xl cuff, legg cuff, obese cuff or whatever you want to call it, i will get wrong reading from my arm size

well my arm is only 16", so i think a regular cuff is fine...now when i have 20+"'s will be a different story

so what's your take on proper dose and of what meds?

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    man that a blessing bro mine was 146 /76 and a resting beat of 90 .

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    and anytime u wish to run that cicvic bro ia ahe litlle german somethin someth fo ya !390 ponies ,revvin freeely to its 9000 cut off .inline six makes a good c5 ass raper.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Me personally, I usually have come to running 25mg Aromasin + 10mg Nolva ED on cycle. My test is usually in the 700-1000mg range.

I have come to this conclusion after some experimentation with different types followed with blood work to see where it puts me. ~ 20ng/dl ( range 0-50 males normal)

It varies so much between person to person. However, I see way too many people getting cheap on it and running what I would have to presume is to low. Ex. .25mg Arimidex EOD. If I were to run arimidex with 500 test, it would be about 1mg ED to keep me levels where they belong. Some say they fear estrogen getting too low, as it does have a role in the male body, but I would love to see someone show some reults where their estrogen got too low. Further more, I dont think it would even be possible to get estrogen to zero ever with anti-e usage. It seems there is a myth that gyno is the only estrogenic side to watch for.

Also, I believe the cut off for proper use on regular cuffs is around 16 or 17 inches though.

Originally posted by big N
    and anytime u wish to run that cicvic bro ia ahe litlle german somethin someth fo ya !390 ponies ,revvin freeely to its 9000 cut off .inline six makes a good c5 ass raper.
    and which german goodie are we referring to here? i'll give you a little hint tho, it's probably got a few more ponies than my car...but at over 2x the weight

thanks billy...i'm going to try to aleviate the problem via diet first. my next cycle will be heavier, so i'll definately take your suggestions seriously.

appreciate the input!
    steve

Thread Information