View Poll Results: What age should I start using steriods?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll

10 12.20%

8 9.76%

13 15.85%

16 19.51%

9 10.98%

6 7.32%

4 4.88%

10 12.20%

4 4.88%
  • Never

2 2.44%
    NaturalUntil21 is offline New Member

Youngest age to start steriods

I am 17 years old on May 8th, i have gained 10 lbs naturally over the past year through diet and training. I am 167 13% bodyfat. I work out 5 times week, run every other morning on an empty stomach (5:15 am before school sucks). I work at a nutrtion store so supplements dont cost to much. My 17 year old friend just finished a cycle of Deca and gained 30 lbs with no side effects. I arranged to purchase some deca until i read many post about teenage steriod use i have decided not to use them until i am 20 or so. What is the best andro or is andro even worth the money? How old should i be before i start taking the real stuff. Thanks AR for changing my opinion on teenage steriod use.

ARATADOG is offline Associate Member
    this poll was recently done search for it i believe all your info will be there

ARATADOG is offline Associate Member

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator

Re: Youngest age to start steriods

Originally posted by NaturalUntil21
    My 17 year old friend just finished a cycle of Deca and gained 30 lbs with no side effects.
    Maybe not short term side effects. The closure of growth plates won't be noticed instantly.
    I arranged to purchase some deca until i read many post about teenage steriod use i have decided not to use them until i am 20 or so.
    Check the expiry date.
    What is the best andro or is andro even worth the money?
    'Best andro' is an oxymoron. Paying for andro is like paying for side effects.
    How old should i be before i start taking the real stuff.
    Minimum 22 years old, but it also depends on your physical condition. NEVER earlier than 22 in my opinion.

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    congratulations on doing your researching. I do believe that steroids shouldn't be done while you're a teen. I'm sure you can keep gaining naturally with all the test running through your body now. I say just keep up the Protein and run a little Creatine and you will keep growing just fine. Good Luck, and take a look at the Diet, Supplements and Workout Forums.

Jenseno9 is offline Member
    It all depends on how much you have matured. If your growth plates are closed then I would say go for it. You can have you growth plates check by a doctor. But I would definetly agree that 17 is to young. You need to have your diet and training down and this can only be accomplished through trial and error. I would stay around here. Ive learned so much in the last year. Hope this helps. Keep training hard.
    Jens

NEO-OEN is offline Associate Member
    21-22 bro

ECFATCAT is offline Associate Member
    when you 've stopped growing ...or to make you grow if your short

VOODOO316 is offline New Member
    HEY BRO I DID MY FIRST CYCLE AT 23!! JUST WAIT!! YOUR STILL YOUNG AND GOT PLENTY OF TIME TO KEEP GROWING!!!

freakups is offline New Member
    the first time i did deca was when i was 17! "what a asshole!"
    but iam about to start another and iam 21.
    -matt

b18razr is offline Junior Member
    i am 20 and just started juicin, im starting with the light shi# and doing a winstrol cycle, it seems to be doing good, ive gained a pound a day for the first week.

taquipariu is offline Associate Member
    I believe that 22 is the ideal age for start juicing...
    Growth Plates will get shut before this age, IMO

youg'un is offline Associate Member
    well i guess by now we all know that i started when i was 15 but by no means am i recomending that to anyone on this board. Anyways glad to see you have dont your research bro. Good luck.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Growth plate can stay open until 24, so go to a Dr to see if your growth plate are closed and hormones are stable

JohnnyB

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    it seems to me that this question is fairly common on this board, and it is real important to young folks thinking about starting aas to have the input of their peers. would it be possible for a mod or someone to sticky this or something like it at the top of the steroid questions page? just wondering.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Anabolic Fitness's Consensus Statement:

REVISED DRAFT 11-13-02

PLEASE POST COMMENTS AT BOTTOM OF THREAD

Consensus Statement on Age of Initiation of Anabolic Use

Steroidal and nonsteroidal anabolics promote strength gain, muscle synthesis, and increased metabolic capacity. Their responsible, moderate use improves athletic performance, cosmetic appearance, and perceived social opportunity and self-esteem. However, anabolics achieve their effects by perturbing the human endocrine system, a complex feedback mechanism of glands and organs that are, in healthy and youthful persons, in an exquisite state of natural balance. Compounds like anabolic steroids that alter this balance are appropriate for use only by mature, well-trained athletes who understand these drugs, their risks and their benefits. Except in the case of prospective users of clear promise for national or international ranking in a sport, realistically hopeful for the kinds of benefits such ranking confers, the following should be characteristic of anyone, of any age, prior to the addition of anabolic steroids to a training regime:

1. PHYSICAL MATURITY. Anabolics can, through either direct or indirect effects, cause premature closure of the epiphyseal plates (“growth plates”) at the end of bone, an irreversible effect that may result in permanently shorter stature than the athlete would otherwise achieve. Therefore, the athlete should have reached full physical stature and maturity of the skeleton before contemplating anabolic use. In most cases, full stature is not reached until the very late teens and, in many cases, development of both long skeletal bones and joint assemblies (hips and shoulders) continues into the early 20's, development of the larynx (“voicebox”) into the mid-20’s.

2. SIGNIFICANT MATURE MUSCULARITY. Anabolics have poor effect, or transitory effect, on athletes in mediocre condition; in addition, their tendency to boost muscle strength ahead of the strength of supporting tendons and ligaments can lead to debilitating injury in athletes without substantial prior training. Therefore, the athlete should have accumulated a significant amount of mature muscle mass and tendon strength through a dedicated program of resistance training prior to beginning anabolic use. Recognizing that there is substantial individual variability in training efficiency and effects, a minimum of 3 years, perhaps as many as 7, of dedicated weight training is required to achieve this necessary physical foundation, on which anabolics can be used safely and to best effect.

3. THOROUGH KNOWLEDGE. Anabolics are not a substitute for proper technique or applied knowledge of the basics of exercise physiology. Therefore, the athlete considering the use of anabolics should have a very thorough and detailed knowledge of lifting technique, dietary practice, recuperative processes, and hormonal and nonhormonal supplementation. In particular, the athlete should have an excellent understanding of the uses, effects, and risk profiles of anabolics, and should be thoroughly conversant with the kinds of ancillary agents that minimize side-effects and speed post-cycle recovery. Recognizing that there is substantial individual variability in the pace at which this knowledge is acquired, at least a year of arduous study and reading is necessary to understand anabolics and post-cycle recovery, and at least 4 years of practice is required to establish the requisite knowledge base of lifting technique, recuperation, and diet.

4. PSYCHOLOGICAL MATURITY. The athlete should be socially and psychologically mature, firm enough in purpose, and balanced enough in approach, to understand not only how and when to initiate use of anabolics, but how and when to curtail or abandon use should that need arise. The athlete should be able to capably handle the demands of acquiring and self-administering a program of powerful drugs that can have marked effect on mood and disposition, doing so with minimal social and legal risk to both him/herself and his/her network of partners and collaborators.

The use of steroidal and nonsteroidal anabolics, except in cases of very unusual athletic promise, is unwise for persons who have not satisfied these prerequisites. While not a function of mere calendar age per se, it is unarguable that, on average, the likelihood that these conditions will have been met increases as the age of the prospective anabolic user increases.

For the reasons adduced above, the following statement of consensus opinion is made:

Allowing for substantial individual variability, and with the exception of cases of truly outstanding athletic promise, the athlete considering the use of anabolics should be socially mature, psychologically stable, and should have completed 4 to 7 years of dedicated training in strength/endurance athletics and study in lifting technique, dietary practices, recuperation skills and supplementation. In most cases, the athlete will have reached the age of 21 before these prerequisites are in place, recognizing that many athletes will not have achieved the necessary experience, physical maturity, and psychic balance until their mid-20's or even later.

Whid is offline New Member
    i'm 18... started my first cycle around 4-5 weeks ago... i'm preparin for the most competitive teen bbin show though... if i had a choice, i would wait till i was older, but its a necessity at this level...

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    whid, if only you knew what you were doing to your body. im gonna guess youve read up on it, and dont care at this point. but the long term consequences are not going to be worth it when you look back at it later in life.

cuban1983 is offline Junior Member
    I messed around with some winstrol when i was 17, worked out well aesthetically, but these minor joint pains i have are presumabally only going to get worse as i get older. I was a casualty of peer pressure and ill probabally end up paying for it. Wish i would've found this place back then.

Thread Information