Rhino58 is offline Senior Member

Post During workouts; Run or lift first.

I was just looking around and found this article on workouts. I always lifted first than ran. Here is the article:

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/...tselectedguid={5FE84E90-BC77-4056-A91C-9531713CA348}

I've always read that lifting is prior to cardiovascular. But I guess, like they say, whatever works for you.

chevy44 is offline Member
    i find that im much more energized when i lift first. my form is also 100x's better! but whatever works!

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah seems like everyone lifts first,

Lift Chief is offline Member
    I've also heard its better to lift first because that way you deplete your glycogen stores and therefore when you run you're more likely to use fat than glycogen as fuel.

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    Run in the morning and lift in the evening... that makes the most sense. One HUGE reason is because post-workout you need to carb-up with dextrose, where as you lose most of the fat post-cardio so you want to go without any carbs. It really makes the most sense in so many ways, energy-wise/intensity/and fat burning effects.

daVinci is offline New Member
    I used to run first thing in the morning and saw good results from it. Now, with my schedule, I have to stick to putting it after my workouts. I always run after because if I do it before I'm a sweaty bastard and I find it harder to concentrate and lack strength. I also think it is important to know your goals in regards to cardio. If you are trying to maintain muscle while losing bf, chances are 45 minutes of cardio after a grueling workout is the wrong way to go. You may get more cut, but you'll lose muscle as well.

JasonNew-b is offline Associate Member
    In my house, with my wife and my kids...and my dog
    According to info that I got from SwoleCat (some of you may know him), if you're going to mix cardio and lifting, you should always do the lifting first and then the cardio. I didn't ask him why I shouldn't do cardio first....I didn't want to annoy him (he's a big badass mofo)

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Lift Chief
    I've also heard its better to lift first because that way you deplete your glycogen stores and therefore when you run you're more likely to use fat than glycogen as fuel.
    Your muscle glycogen will be depleated by the lifting, but that has nothing to do with being more likely to burn fat than glycogen when running. In fact, you will not be burning much fat when you run. Fat can only provide low degrees of energy, which is why you do low intensity cardio when burning fat.

chinups Guest
    Running in the morning is the best thing to do but who the hell has all this time on there hands. I woulld workout first, I would hate to be beat up and not able to use all my enrgey.

WDM-10 wks fina..WOW

Ironweb is offline Member
    Lift first.

Thread Information