Thread: First Cycle FAQ

PK18 is offline New Member

First Cycle FAQ

Hello everyone. I am 21 years old, 5'9", weigh high 170s, around 11-13% bodyfat and I have a desire to compete in raw powerlifting. I am currently running my own variant of the Texas Method, and recent records include a 400x3 wrapless squat, 315x3 wrapless bench and 455x4 conventional deadlift.

I was thinking of running twelve weeks of 500 mg test-e or test-c (250x 2 per week) and 25 mg of dianabol as a kickstarter for six weeks. After the cycle, I read it is wise to wait three weeks for exogenous testosterone to leave the system before running pct. This would be done with Nolvadex for three weeks at 40/20/20. I am not really sure on AIs and how I should run them though. Some people seem to recommend running a low dosage throughout the entire cycle, where others recommend to only have it on hand to deal with sides. Still some people don't seem to even have an A.I and use nolvadex for side effects. My plan was to be off after this first cycle for about 20 weeks or so, counting the last dosage of nolvadex as being off.

I currently eat 3500 calories 3 days a week, on my heavier lifting days. I aim for 70 grams of fat, 470 grams of carbs, 40+ grams of fiber and 240 grams of protein. On the other 4 days, I eat 2300-2400 calories, 100 grams of fat, 100 grams of carbs, 25+ grams of fiber and 240 grams of protein. By eating like that and logging my food over the past three months, my weight has went from 170 to high 170s with a slight increase in bodyfat. With this in mind, I am curious what I should do to get the best gains out of my cycle and cement them as well. I want to make the most out of this opportunity. Should I be increasing protein intake since anabolics (from my understanding) increase protein synthesis? Should I be recalculating my TDEE every few weeks to account for increased weight, and increase my calories accordingly? I don't want to get fat off this cycle, but I don't want to be one of those guys who only keeps five pounds either because he is afraid to eat.

Thanks and I am open to any suggestions.

dem_gains is offline Junior Member
    there are stickies on this.
    For test E PCt starts 2 weeks after last injection
    .25mg arimidex EOD on cycle + you need hcg too which you didnt mention
    pct nolva 40/40/20/20 and clomid 75/50/50/50 form memory. but there is a sticky made by austinite on it

but people will all tell you that youre too young to cycle so maybe wait a few more years

to get the best gains out of your cycle: should eat that 3500 cal diet everyday. up the fiber slightly to 14g per 1k cal. 240g protein is sufficient. when you go off cycle keep the calories at 3500 or maybe up them slightly to 3700 or so for at least a few months so you can keep your gains. The work is not over after pct ends - your body needs to adjust to the new weight you are carrying and you should NOT cut straight after even if you may get a little fatter during pct.

SkinnyManJuice is offline New Member
    good luck

What about the usage of milk thistle and TUDCA? Should I take both of those? I have heard some people say to begin taking them a month prior to starting a cycle. How long should those be ran?

Thanks

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    not a good idea to cycle at 21 yet man. Sounds like you done really good without it.

Thanks for the compliment and advice chadcuz1985, dem gains and Skinnymanjuice. I will think about it more. My competitive drive to be the best and ego tends to dominate my mindset on these kinds of things.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by PK18 View Post
    Thanks for the compliment and advice chadcuz1985, dem gains and Skinnymanjuice. I will think about it more. My competitive drive to be the best and ego tends to dominate my mindset on these kinds of things.
    good decision, and you should want to be the best. As I also do too.

I thought I would post some pictures of my current base for fun. Weighed in at 178.5 naked this morning.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First Cycle FAQ-1.jpg   First Cycle FAQ-2.jpg   First Cycle FAQ-3.jpg   First Cycle FAQ-4.jpg   First Cycle FAQ-5.jpg  

First Cycle FAQ-6.jpg  

Thread Information