PumP~N~Swole is offline Associate Member

cortisone after cycle

Could someone explain to me after a cycle how cortisone is envolved and if it's high enough to cause any damage to joints/bones like osteoporosis or something like avascular necrosis. I heard about this kid at my high school 6 years ago that took some sort of steroid for his asma it might have been prednisone. But anyhow I looked it up prednisone is a form of cortisone. And my question is after taking an anobolic steroid what actually happens to the body that cortisone is envolved is it high doses and how can I reduce it.. Not sure if this is making since I just thought I read somewhere about cortisone after anobolic treatment thanks.

halifaxsteve is offline Member
    atsmaha med's are either one of two things, non-steriodal anti-inflamatories, or cortical steroids ...both work via different pathways...

what does the use of an atsmaha med have to do with AS use?

i'm confused about the specifics of your quesiton...please clarify

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    It's called metabolic lag.

When you take AAS the steriod blocks cortisol receptors, now what happens is your body produces more cortisol because it doesn't pick up the exisiting cortisol because the receptors are blocked.
    So at the end of your cycle you have built up excess cortisol and when the AAS is out of your system the cortisol runs throughout your system diminishing your gains.
    This is why it is important to take clomid to regain natural test levels after your cycle is over to combat the high cortisol levels.

That's it in a nut shell I hope this helps you out some.

xxxl83

halifaxsteve is offline Member
    Originally posted by xxxl83
    It's called metabolic lag.

When you take AAS the steriod blocks cortisol receptors, now what happens is your body produces more cortisol because it doesn't pick up the exisiting cortisol because the receptors are blocked.
    So at the end of your cycle you have built up excess cortisol and when the AAS is out of your system the cortisol runs throughout your system diminishing your gains.
    This is why it is important to take clomid to regain natural test levels after your cycle is over to combat the high cortisol levels.

That's it in a nut shell I hope this helps you out some.

xxxl83
    i wasn't sure whether he was talking about cortisone or cortisol, esp the part about atsmaha meds...

PumP~N~Swole is offline Associate Member
    thanks xxxl83 that did help I thought I read something like that awhile back but couldn't rememeber the extent of it. My question to you is this bro is cortisol the same as cortisone? Also clomid treatment I know this brings your natural test levels back at a faster rate but does clomid actually fight cortisol levels at the same time. And like I said has anyone from aas gotten bone problems after cycle caused from the freed cortisol in the body. THanks

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    I'm not 100% sure but I think cortisone is the synthetic form of cortisol.

As for the clomid no it doesn't fight cortisol directly but by increasing test levels it helps maintain anabolism.

And no I've never heard of anyone having bone problems due to cortisol problems related to AAS.

xxxl83

Thread Information