Tapout is offline Senior Member

Tournament Results

wow what a tournament
    there were some big names there---america top team was there(that was an impressive group) one guy on that team was in the last ufc,he won the preliminary fight by bent arm lock(he poped guys elbow bad) if you guys saw last ufc you probably remember that match
    there was a guy there who won the abu dhabi heavy weight division---he was 230+ and under 10%bf--he goes to many fights and tournaments and was really good

our school did good every one of our fighters earned a medal
    i won the blue belt heavy weight division
    king samson won a bronze in a huge division that had the most fighters

it was really a good time-- i weighed in at 219lbs so now its time to get back on a cycle. been clean 12 weeks, long enough-- want to get to 225-228 area and drop another 2-3%bf so by july be at 12% area at 225lbs.
    i am going to keep doing the cardio and low carb diet,eating clean, while i do this cycle to gain 10 quality lbs as a goal

thanks for all the good wishes and support bros

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

excellentwork my friend

i just saw your other post about the tourny coming up and was about to wish luck!guess you didn't need it!!!well now it's congrats instead of goodluck.congrats is always better,hahaaha

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Good Job Tapout. Congrats to you and the school. I am glad to see you guys did so well.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Congrats!

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Tapout,

Good job, by any chance do you have pics you could post?

xxxl83

Dirk D. is offline Junior Member
    sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    nice job bro. will there be a video of the tournament?

thanks bros
    we have it on video i'm not sure if there is any digital camera pics i can use. my wife was videoing and we took pics after the fights.

it was a really good turnout
    after belt and weight divisions they had absolute division for gi and no gi---this division was no belt rank or weight class just pure open.
    so a 180lb blue belt might have to go against a 230lb black belt---they were asking me if i wanted to do this class and i wasnt quite up to that---i told them they lost their minds---america top team competed in that class and they are the best-- i just decided to watch them and learn

fullback40 is offline Junior Member

Good Job!

That was some pretty good competition! Congrats on the 1st place. We need to talk soon about the details of the match - Im interested on how the other fellas fared.

FB40

Absolute division no gi .........SWEET! We train with and without Gi's! The Japan nationals a Gi is requied From my exp. if you train without a Gi, your going to be better in teh long run, Once ya have 4-5yrs with training with a gi, then it's good to eliminate it in the training. Maybe use it once a month to keep up on the grips.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Congrats Tapout! Hard work paying off and glad to see it!
    Did a little learning and sparing yesterday with my buddy and his big bro. My buddy's atleast 20lbs heavier and 2inches taller his bro is 6'2 250...I'm the master of the arm bar! LOL

mj7877 is offline New Member
    congrats bro...I'm not sure if its ok to ask, but who do you train under? A couple of my friends have some tourneys coming up and I might get in on one in august.

winny freak is offline New Member
    Congrats! Thats awesome bro. I've always thought about tryin something like that. Maybe I wil this summer. Do u have to test clean?
    How can II find a school local to me? I've heard the gracies have a school in another burb local to me but I can't locate it. Nothing in the "yellow book".congrats again, maybe Ill mmet u in the oct. one day.

FREAK

mj7787 pm me

dirk d ---i used to train always no gi,then after our bjj black belt came in i started training gi only....i think training no gi really helps if you get in a street fight or nhb fight and if you wear a gi and they dont it helps them and hurts you giving them an advantage hence makes you better---but right now i'm into the point tournament phase of my bjj training...one day i will probably want more no gi training again
    whats strange is my last tourny was in oct 2002 and i won a world championship and gold medal doing no gi but i have not trainined no gi since and now not comfortable
    probably need to do both again
    winny freak
    thanks bro no its not tested---pm me area your in and i'll check for school for you--you wont meet in oct. i aint that bad or crazy--maybe in an acadamy or tournament but not in squared circle

ripsid if we ever get the chance to train i'll remember not to let you have a arm

fullback i'll call you

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Tapout, I'll try not to spar with you bro! My one 1 hour session may not have been enough for me to enter a comp! Hell it doesn't qualify me to buy the UFC!

Tapout, So is Carlson as hard to understand as Marsalas? Sal has a SUPER heavy accent! Nice guy though! Just curious?

lol rips--- thats funny shit
    dirk i have never met carlson so i'm not sure i know my instructor is hard to understand at times---i tell him yea or agree then i saw to someone what the hell did he just say

Thread Information