Thread: One kidney

DAAS is offline Senior Member

One kidney

Does having essentially one kidney affect the amount of androgen receptors I have? I ask this because the adrenal gland is in the kidneys correct?

Also Does it affect how well my body processes protein?

PS I stay away from orals because I only have 20% of one kidney from what I remember the doctor saying. I was young when I had surgery.

one full and 20% function on the other
    Last edited by DAAS; 12-08-2013 at 09:53 PM.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    You shouldn't be cycling man imo. That's not a lot of filtration.

sry typo. one 20 % functioning kidney and one full kidney. But I stay away from orals. ive never heard of test injections stressing the kidneys..

Quote Originally Posted by DAAS
    sry typo. one 20 % functioning kidney and one full kidney. But I stay away from orals. ive never heard of test injections stressing the kidneys..
    All steroids put some unnatural stress

Does having essentially one kidney affect the amount of androgen receptors I have? I ask this because the adrenal gland is in the kidneys correct?

I appreciate the concern for stressing my kidney. I do see the doctor regularly and have panels done.

I appreciate the concern for stressing my kidney. I do see the doctor regularly and have panels done.
    Yeah dude I'd actually maybe talk to someone if you really wanna cycle. That someone being a doc since you have basically one kidney. These compounds put a lot of stress on the body. That's why there's pct and an "off" time. Whether it's a couple weeks or couple months. Still need off time because of the stress.

Honestly, IMO, if I was you, I would never take anything...test, orals, nothing, without talking to a doc.

Quote Originally Posted by base4291ball View Post
    Yeah dude I'd actually maybe talk to someone if you really wanna cycle. That someone being a doc since you have basically one kidney. These compounds put a lot of stress on the body. That's why there's pct and an "off" time. Whether it's a couple weeks or couple months. Still need off time because of the stress.

Honestly, IMO, if I was you, I would never take anything...test, orals, nothing, without talking to a doc.
    Ive taking numerous test cycles and never had a problem, blood and urine test have been done. My doctor is in the loop. I do appreciate your concern My question is about androgen receptors.

Ive taking numerous test cycles and never had a problem, blood and urine test have been done. My doctor is in the loop. I do appreciate your concern My question is about androgen receptors.
    Numerous test cycles at 22? Smh...

edit

IM not 22 my profile wont change. Glad we have a new expert here though. welcome

IM not 22 my profile wont change. Glad we have a new expert here though. welcome
    I was never bashing you dude, no reason to be a d*ck. I was just looking out for you. I was just going by what your profile said. Sorry I got you all worked up. Just trying to be a good neighbor in the community

Z0mb13666 is offline New Member
    I'm curious about this subject. I lost a kidney in a motorcycle accident. I'm a gym rat. I'm curious about what I could possibly do that wouldn't affect my one good kidney?

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Your adrenal glands sits atop each kidney. Reduced kidney function does not affect your adrenal glands (unless they removed the kidney and adrenal gland, for some reason).
    And I can't think of a link between androgen receptors and adrenal glands, anyway.

Oh, and any steroid compound could affect renal function, if only because of the associated increase in blood pressure (which can be managed, of course).

Z0mb13666 is offline New Member
    So then I'm thinking sust250, deca cycle with maybe dbol and to manage blood pressure Hawthorne Berry, concentrated Cranberry pills, fish-flax-borage oil, vitamin e, l-arginine, celery and plenty of water and cardio?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Your adrenal glands sits atop each kidney. Reduced kidney function does not affect your adrenal glands (unless they removed the kidney and adrenal gland, for some reason).
    And I can't think of a link between androgen receptors and adrenal glands, anyway.

Oh, and any steroid compound could affect renal function, if only because of the associated increase in blood pressure (which can be managed, of course).

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Z0mb13666 View Post
    So then I'm thinking sust250, deca cycle with maybe dbol and to manage blood pressure Hawthorne Berry, concentrated Cranberry pills, fish-flax-borage oil, vitamin e, l-arginine, celery and plenty of water and cardio?
    Sure...but that may not be enough to keep you normotensive on cycle. If it isn't, see your doc for BP meds.

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I would pm muscleink he would have a comprehensive answer for you.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post

I think that is the key. The OP is getting the two confused thinking one is associated with the other. Adrogen receptors are found throughout your body cells.

Thread Information