BrAvE1 is offline New Member

smoking weed whie on roids.

someone told me that smoking weed when your muscles are sore from working out isnt not that bad. is this true or is it bullsh*t?

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like pull shit, THC doesnt effect your muscles. But if you are trying to get big, smoking will make it that much harder.

still growin is offline Member
    Do you have any studies to prove this affects gains? Smoking pot will pre-exhaust muscles and should not be done before the gym imo. I smoke every night before bed, and all it does is relaxes me and increases my appetite due to late night munchies! I see more benefits from this than downs sides. This is only my opinion, I have no studies except personal experience to back this up.

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    studies specific to lifting weights and smoking pot? pretty unlikely. there has been contradictory evidence that smoking pot increases your estrogen levels, but the jury is still out. also, smoking may decrease your o2 levels, leading to faster rise in lactate in the muscles your working out. however thats just my opinion, it may not have more than a short term effect on o2 levels. however i would think that things that dont help are neutral at best or more likely counterproductive.

dumblucky is offline Member
    anything to make me eat more that outweighs any counterproductive effects of the chronic ,,,,,

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    I don't think it affects gains at all. I smoke daily for 3-4 years and make good gains, but NEVER before the gym always at end of day before bed! Having said that i did give it up about 6 months ago, just because i felt it was time. But in MODERATION you'll be fine

big swoll is offline Member
    when you guys get the munchies do you munch on a chicken breast, or down a protien shake, or eat unhealthy stuff....if i had to guess i would say unhealthy stuff...i dont know though...eating poorly might be a downside, and raising the estrogen levels is a downside...just my .02

Steele is offline Member
    i have smoked daily for about 6 years straight. but, always after workout. i have made good gains, and my sex drive whether on or off cycle hits the roof. so i think the estrogen rumors are bullshit. but, we are all different, so..............

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    If any of your have any problems.....I can hold on to your buds for you. No worries, I won't smoke any of it.....yea right! lol

jarrett is offline Senior Member
    i'll smoke to that!!

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by jarrett
    i'll smoke to that!!
    Puff, Puff, pass.....Puff, Puff, pass

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    ummm, pass that bong plz... smoking pot does not increases your estrogen levels. If i can find the study on it i will post it. The only bad effects iv seen from smoking and working out is getting lazy.

OG

hybrid is offline Member
    You guys all know that smoking pot, or anything else for that matter, is unhealthy. I see threads on here with people trying to rationalize pot smoking being fine while doing a cycle etc... Be honest with yourself. Pot smoking, while it may put you in a nice state of mind, is not and will never be healthy (just the smoke in your lungs is bad enough without even touching on the effects of the narcotic). And if you are trying to maximize your body's potential, it is an obvious vice that is not doing you any good and most likely is harming you. If you feel like lighting up, have fun. But don't kid yourself into thinking that it's good for you.

Thread Information