Thread: Anti-Depresants

PEDEY is offline Junior Member

Anti-Depresants

Does anyone have any experience of using anti-depressant drugs while on/off a cycle? I have used Effexor XR to combat anxiety, with good success.

jarrett is offline Senior Member
    honestly i wouldnt take anti depressant drugs period unless i had a sevior problem

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    I currently take Paxil, 10mg/day, which is a light dosage to treat an anxiety disorder, and i have not noticed anything unusual while on my cycle, but im still early into my cycle so I cant say much.

darmadoc is offline Member
    You would be surprised at the number of times this question gets asked. The answers show that alot of us are on these drugs, and they seem to have no problems with any interactions. Take the medicine if it helps you. Besides, some find anxiety a problem when they're "on", and it seems like that's the last thing you need.

Steele is offline Member
    i take zoloft at 50mg ed. i ahve never had any probs while on cycle. but, juice does make me mean(er).

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    I was taking Lexapro but it was making me too drowzy. I still take Klonopin to help me sleep or when I'm stressed out.

Badass_lifter is offline Junior Member
    do the anti-depressants help you any?

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    I took Prozac during one of my very first cycles. IMO it does help with depression and mood swings while on.

Nomafan is offline New Member
    Do you have to get a prescription for all of these anti-depressants??? Because if you saw one of my last threads, I think I need em!!!!

fullback40 is offline Junior Member
    Yes and they are not a scheduled substance. I bet you could go to a walkin-clinic and the resident M.D. would write a script if you asked for it. He probably will hook you up w/free trial samples if he's cool.

I take zoloft and the i notice a difference when I forgot to refill my script within days. When on zoloft, i tend to let things slide by alot more. Whatever keeps me outta jail works for me.

Go get the zoloft - it's easy

fullback40 is offline Junior Member

although

even with good health plan, Phizer will still charge $35. for 30 day supply - those monopolizing bastards. There are no generics

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    I wouldn't recommend going on Paxil if you're going to take to help with possible mood swings from juice. I would recommend, however, to take it to help if you are having some anxiety problems. Its a powerful drug, and you have to take it everday, and if you forget one tab, you'll feel messed up for the day. Its also hard getting off it. I went from 20mg/day to 10mg/day recently, and the change affected my head big time... you get the weirdest head trips, like theres someone near you, you think you see things on the corner of your eye, etc... It took a few days for my body to adjust to the new dosage.

meathead84 is offline Associate Member
    anti-anxiety, and anti-depresents can slow down your metabolism and possibly put some unwanted body fat on as i know has happened to a few others

depdaddy is offline Member

antidepressents

effexor gave me nightmares and messed with my memory..zoloft best for me

POWERSTROKE is offline Associate Member
    They help me whether I am on or off a cycle. I am currently on Wellbutrin, risperdal, and trazodone... yeah, I am a whack job.

The wellbutrin gives me energy and makes me want to do things other than lay in bed.

The risperdal helps me mellow out and not worry about everything.
    I am the kind of person that always thinks everyone is out to get me or my girlfriend is always cheating or things like that. I always worried about everything - did I leave the stove on? I dont worry about much anymore.

The trazodone puts me right to sleep so I dont lay there thinking about things all night. Gives me cool dreams too.

Without the three of these meds I am a mess. The hardest part of anti-depressants / anti-anxiety meds is finding the right one that works for you.

I have tried many, probably just about all of them. Some give you unwanted side effects - body fat, always hungry, loss of sexual interest or performance, or other depending on the person. It sucks because it takes a good 3 weeks to a month for them to become active in your body. Then you have to wait and see if they help or not and if not try something else and you just wasted three months.

good luck
    Last edited by POWERSTROKE; 06-09-2003 at 07:13 AM.

Thread Information