Ta TownBacker is offline Junior Member

Price for Vicodin?

What price do you guys pay?

atwa is offline Associate Member
    75 cent a tab.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Hmmmmmm . . .

Vicodin . . . Is this, like, the latest trend on an AS cycle?

(Rhetorical question.)

Ah, well, rather than just being snotty, I may as well provide some useful information . . .

If you want to know the legit prices for any prescription, AS or otherwise, you can go to any of the major drug store chains' web sites (CVS, Eckerd, Walgreens - just use the store name with the .com extension) - they all have prescription prices on the web for their mail order divisions. Therefore, if you're going to use this shit (referring to the Vicodin) and get it through alternative sources, at least you'll know how much you're getting ripped off.
    Last edited by TNT; 12-09-2001 at 09:39 AM.

Keywestlifter is offline Junior Member
    Vicodin...An opiate...nope, I try to stick with AAS or fintness type suppliments...Opiates are way too addictive espically that one. Aren't there different site for ppl looking for Opiate derivitives. I really dont want to be associated with drug seeking individuals....No Flame intended Bro, and I'm not saying thats what your doing, as a paramedic I've just seen too much crap like this. BTW, anybody know where some good smack is. JK

Peace

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    $ 1-1.50 a pill depending on the strength, 500mg or 750mg.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Well put, Keywestlifter . . .

First, in Key West, you can find smack at Hemingway's Heroin Emporium, which is owned by the same folks that run Her Majesty's Discount Anabolic Steroid Emporium in London . . .

And I'm glad someone spoke out on this issue. Now I'm ready to more blatantly add my 2¢, including a little lesson on pain meds . . .

Over on a certain "T" board that was recently discussed here in one of the other forums on AR, someone actualy posted the blatant question, "Where can I get Vicodin or Oxycontin?" And the post has been allowed to remain, along with several responses. Suddenly, we see a similar question here, and I'm delighted that the responses are a little more realistic.

As was discussed elsewhere on this forum the other day, Vicodin is an opiate - it's a combination of hydrocodone and acetominophern, the generic version of Tylenol. The interesting thing is that it is usually prescribed, and is the drug of choice, for dental pain, not medical pain. (For medical pain, physicians do not generally prescribe Vicodin; they prescribe Percocet, which is oxycodone combined with acetominohen, or Percodan, an oxycodone-aspirin combination. Even more common, they prescribe good ol' codeine and acetomionophen in the form of Tylenol 3 or Tylenol 4, depending on the strength.)

The latest "drug of choice" is Oxycontin, about which numerous ariticles have recently appeared in publications ranging from daily newspapers to Time magazine (among others). Oxycontin is similar to Percocet but without the acetominophen, except that it's a long-acting, time-released formulation of pure oxycodone. It's popular with cancer patients and persons with terminal conditions because of its extended effects, but if chewed (as opposed to swallowed whole) it produces a rush similar to a heroin or morphine high. Therefore, Oxycontin has become the most abused pharmaceutical narcotic drug today, and is traded on the street for multiple times its retail value.

Now, pain is something that every bodybuilder has dealt with at one time or another, whether in the form of strains, sprains, or even fractures. Clinically, pain is graded as mild, moderate, or severe, though the drugs often cross over between these catregories. All of the drugs I've mentioned - Vicodin (and the related drug Lortab), Percodan/Percocet, Tylenol 3/4, and Oxycontin - are prescribed for "moderate to severe" pain. (Common examples of drugs used for mild to moderate pain are the prescription strength formulations of Ibuprofen/Motrin and Darvon/Darvocet.)

The problem is that when we work out or lift and we have an injury (strain, sparin, or anything else), a pain medication often masks the pain, and we end up not knowing our own limitations. And, as the great philosopher Clint Eastwood once said, "A man's got to know his limitations." When you mask pain, you can end up pushing too far and exacerbating the injury. Injuries need time to heal, and pain medications will help that process. But not combined with continued workouts.

That doesn't mean that you have to spend all your time in bed; in fact, sometimes (though not always, since every person and every injury must be considered individually) the best therapy for an injury is activity, which means a controlled workout. And your perspective is skewed when you're on Vicodin or any other moderate-to-severe pain medication.

All opiate-based pain meds also carry their own set of side effects, ranging from hangovers to constipation. (It's not unusual for physicians to recommend taking Colace, a stool softener, when they prescribe opiates.) And, needless to say, one shouldn't drive or do any dangerous work while on opiates. That's the reason that opiates are one of the things that employers in industry and transportation test for on a five-panel drug screen (the others are THC or marijuana, PCP, amphetimines, and cocaine). Finally, they're addictive as hell, and to maintain the same level of pain management you will need more and more of the drug as time goes on. Should you decide to go off the drug, we're talking about major withdrawal.

All that said, let's put it in perspective. Opiate use without a prescription, like AS use, is illegal. But the use of AS is done for a constructive purpose, whereas the use of opiates without a script (or in the absence of pain) is done to get your jollies, period. Another difference is that people who use AS will tend to do a shitload of research - at least they should - prior to ever doing their first cycle (and that's why we have boards like this one), whereas there is no research involved in opiate abuse - just a desire to get wasted.

Here, we talk about AS as a tool, a means to help build a body, not break it down. And you can get tripped up far more easily by using opiates (which have no AS value) than AS. Like Keywestlifter, I have seen many cases of opiate addiction - no, not just addiction to heroin, but addiction to pharmaceuticals like Vicodin, Oxycontin, etc. I've seen guys become hypochonrdriacs who have convinced themselves they can't tolerate any pain at all, then use that as an excuse to visit multiple doctors for Vicodin prescriptions. (And how they're so successful, I'll never know. As I said, Vicodin is not the drug of choice for medical pain. But guys who get into opiate addiction are often excellent at the art of bullshit.) And yes, I've seen cases of oxycodone/hydrocone/codeine withdrawal, and it's just as rough as heroin withdrawal.

So let's return to the original question of Ta "I've had my Steris tested by a lab" TownBacker (a reference to another of TT's humorous posts), "How much do you guys pay?" On the rare occasion I've taken Vicodin (usually after a root canal and under a prescription), I've paid what the drug store charges. If you have a legitimate need for pain medication, see a doctor and do it the right way, because you have no guarantee that the crap you find from the local candy dealer is legitimate Vicodin anyway. And if you want to compare prices at the local candy dealer, this is not the place to do it.

As Keywestlifter said, no flame intended, bro. Just a healthy dose of reality.
    Last edited by TNT; 12-09-2001 at 01:16 PM.

Thread Information