Gettin'Old is offline Associate Member

1st thigh shot - - 1 inch pin. OK?

Just did my first thigh shot in this first cycle. My legs are small (working like hell to overcome genetics and bring them up) so I used a 1 inch pin. Generally, do Y'all use 1.5 inch pins in the thigh? For those with smaller legs is a 1inch pin ok?

When I aspirate , I pull back slightly on the pin. I really didn't see the charactaristic airbubble I've read so much about. So I did it again with a little harder of a tug on the plunger. I saw no air bubble, but I also saw no blood, so I pushed it in. Sound alright?

I must have passed through a vein as a fair blot of blood came to the surface after I removed the pin. I thought, oh shit, I put it in a vein, here comes the dizzy freakiness I've read about. Here I am typing this 10 minutes later so I'm thinkin' phew, ok, no prob.

Sorry for bothering the vets who have read posts like this a million times.
    GO

1"ers are fine for the quads bro. Save the 1.5"ers for your glutes. As long as you aspirate no blood, your good to go. Seeing the air bubbles in the syringe is an assurant way that you won't be injecting into a vein. Try and pull back a little harder next time to see those bubbles.

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    1" pins are fine for your quad shots. That happens to me alot, too, getting bleeding after I pull out the pin. There are lots of blood vessals in those muscles and it's not uncommon to pass through one. This is why aspirating is so important. Slight pressure is all that is required when pulling but on the plunger. If your in a vein, it won't be hard for the blood to enter the syringe. Sounds like you're in good shape.

-moto

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    1" are fine.... What size gage are you using? I bleed more with 23 gage than I do with 25 gage. So you might want to go to a higher gage the only problem is that it takes longer to inject. But you should be taking your time anyway so it shouldn't be a problem.

BigLarry is offline Associate Member
    1" are great 25 g. I stand next to a bright light before i plunge in the quads and i can see some blue veins and I mark around them and also asperiate. Never had a problem.

Gettin'Old is offline Associate Member
    Thanks very much to all. It's a 25 guage. I tried to take my time injecting but was a tad on the nervous side. My hand was shaking like crazy. All good now though. Thanks.

gotjuice? is offline Associate Member
    I use 22 g pins. Guess thats a little too big huh? when u aspirate how far should u pull the plunger back? No blood = no problem ....right??

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    No blood, no problem. It only takes SLIGHT pressure on the plunger to aspirate . You don't need to yank back on it and get a full 1cc bubble! Most times if you are in a vein, your body's BP will even push some blood into the syringe.

-moto

H BOMB is offline Senior Member
    could of been your shaky hand to that made you bleed. if your hand is shaking that means the needle in your leg is shakin too.

every time i do my quad shot i have the shakes and i bleed, but when my boy hits me up no blood.

lately i have tried to relax alot bf my shot and it has helped. i put a heating pad on the muscle and put on some sappy enya station and just try and chill out while loading up the syringe.

go ahead flame me but i have had less shakes and less blood

irunmiami is offline New Member
    lol, its all about being on the safe side guys, Keep up the safety. It's what really counts. Much blessingz n stay healthy!

Thread Information