Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MuscleInk
  • 1 Post By ghettoboyd
  • 1 Post By iSwanson

Thread: Yes you need to aspirate!

Wizwell is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries

Yes you need to aspirate!

For those who say they never aspirate . I always have and today had blood rush into the syringe. ( my first time ever ) This was during a calf injection. It did freak me out slightly. I just withdrew the syringe and injected elsewhere. I don't like to think of what possibly would have happened had I injected into a blood vessel. At minimal the dreaded cough.
    Always aspirate!

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    why are you injecting in your calves for? just curious?

Wizwell is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Just an alternative injection site. I find them really easy if the amount is small. This was .5ml ( 150mg test E )

Bert is offline Senior Member
    Thank god you didn't inject. You prolly woulda died.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by AshopRep View Post
    Thank god you didn't inject. You prolly woulda died.
    From .5ml? Not likely.

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    I injected roughly 2ml into a vessel once. Heart started racing, I got clammy, started sweating, short of breath, coughing fit. Thought I was having a heart attack. Not pleasant at all. I always aspirate now. I see no reason not to. It only takes a second and can spare you a very unpleasant experience.

I do not have any data on oil injections and death but I believe it would take a lot more than 0.5ml to kill someone. You never know though. There are cases of people dying during a tonsillectomy. Statistics say that is a minor procedure and won't kill you either.

Why mess with it. Just aspirate.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Java Man
    I injected roughly 2ml into a vessel once. Heart started racing, I got clammy, started sweating, short of breath, coughing fit. Thought I was having a heart attack. Not pleasant at all. I always aspirate now. I see no reason not to. It only takes a second and can spare you a very unpleasant experience.

I do not have any data on oil injections and death but I believe it would take a lot more than 0.5ml to kill someone. You never know though. There are cases of people dying during a tonsillectomy. Statistics say that is a minor procedure and won't kill you either.

Why mess with it. Just aspirate.
    .....you left out the part where your skin turned green!

GSXRvi6 is offline Member
    I've drawn blood once, doc told me if I ever pull in blood trash the injection and start over. I didn't, I figured it's my blood anyway. I aspirate on SQ too.

Bert is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    David Banner.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Aspiration isn't as important as some people like to claim it is on here. When you jab yourself, you're not going to keep that needle perfectly still in the same exact spot the entire time. You can easily slide the needle in to a small vessel whilst shooting even AFTER you aspirated and fire a little bit in your bloodstream. Ever shoot in your thigh and end up in a coughing fit? It happens to me all the time.

And when you go to the doctor's office for an IM shot? How often does the nurse aspirate ? I can't recall a single time.

I don't think you should be not aspirating, so dont' get that idea from what I posted though. I just think people on here tend to be a little dramatic about it.

Why do people keep bringing up "nurses and doctors don't do it"?!?

First we/they inject more people in a month than most guys here will in 10 cycles. Second, the majority of IM compounds administered in clinic are water soluble and NOT oil based. The reference to MDs and RNs is ridiculous, I'm sorry, but it is. You can't make the comparison between someone who injects meds and draws blood for a living to some recreational steroid user.

Now, I will agree that the concern about injecting into a blood vessel MAY be over stated, however, advising members, ESPECIALLY PEOPLE NEW TO ANABOLICS to aspirate before injecting is appropriate. After you've run numerous cycles and feel confident in your technique, you may chose to aspirate or not. It's a personal choice, but I still encourage it because many people do not have the proficiency to perform accurate injections until they have mastered the technique through practice.

Just because some guys think they know how to do a proper IM injection doesn't equate their experience to that of a skilled RN/MD.
    Java Man likes this.

4linked is offline Associate Member
    First time ever i drew blood

RoadToHuge is offline Associate Member
    I can't seem to hit the spot I like in my glutes ans still be able to aspirate . If I try the needle moves around so much inside, it cuts me up inside. No aspirate in glutes, no cares..

Blog Entries
    the thing is that when your aspirating no matter where your injection spot is located, if you are in a vein in my experience it doesn't take much pulling back on the plunger because the pressure of being in the vein will start to fill up the barell almost without even pulling it back or with very little effort anyways...just saying..
    Java Man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    Duh! How could I forget?

Not to mention, look what it did to my head! It shrank, and changed into a cartoon... I have been told this is irreversible...

Aspirate , so you won't turn into the Grinch!

Quote Originally Posted by Java Man

Duh! How could I forget?

Not to mention, look what it did to my head! It shrank, and changed into a cartoon... I have been told this is irreversible...

Aspirate, so you won't turn into the Grinch!
    Lucky for you we like you despite that grinchy mug of yours!

Humbug!

iSwanson is offline Junior Member
    Former LPN here. Injecting anywhere but your vastus lateralis(quad), deltoid, or dorsolgluteal site is not recommended. Less chance of striking nerves. That is why ventrogluteal injection site has pretty much been done away with too close to the Vagus nerve.

But yes always aspirate .
    Java Man likes this.

Thread Information