seriouslifter is offline Member

Getting sick on cycle

I am almost 14 weeks into my 16 week cycle and I just got finally sick. Seems like sore throat. I am not going to the gym. What else do people do if you get sick on cycle? Obviously im going to continue to try and eat and still inject.

chaps is offline Associate Member
    I just got sick on week 6 of a 12 week cycle, this is what I did and I'd say it worked great:

At the height of my feeling shittyness, I skipped a day.
    My next workouts, I lightened up a little and also cut some sets.
    I used shakes (i.e., liquid cals) to get in my cals despite complete lack of appetite.
    I took benedryl to knock myself out at night so I could get as much sleep as possible.
    Lots of water and vitamin c twice a day.

I was back on my feet in a week, didn't lose any weight or strength.

good luck bro

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Sounds like a good time to stop a cycle that has gone long enough anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    oh man that means my cycle is over lol. it was long esters, not like prop for 16 weeks. it didnt even kick in until week 6 or so.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seriouslifter

oh man that means my cycle is over lol. it was long esters, not like prop for 16 weeks. it didnt even kick in until week 6 or so.
    Long esters don't reach peak serum concentrations until 4-6 weeks so it should not come as a surprise to you that you didn't notice effects until weeks 6.

Hormones regulate many necessary functions in your body (sleep, appetite, mood, sex drive, memory, digestion) including immunity and anabolic steroids can have an immunosuppressive effect on your over all health and ability to fight illness. Couple that with the fact that most people go to community gyms where members sneeze and cough without covering their mouths, use the washroom without washing their hands, and often do NOT wipe the equipment down after their use, it should also come as no surprise that you may be sick on occasion during cycles - especially longer cycles.

As Lunk said, PCT time!!!

DeadlyD is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    I also agree^^^ time to stop and PCT.

now im just curious why to start PCT? anyways i would be starting PCT in 14 days from last injection anyway since long esters. i was going to stop deca 2 weeks before test enth. i dont want to mess anything up and just stop because of a little cold or something. each day i feel better and its only been 2 days.

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk
    Long esters don't reach peak serum concentrations until 4-6 weeks so it should not come as a surprise to you that you didn't notice effects until weeks 6. Hormones regulate many necessary functions in your body (sleep, appetite, mood, sex drive, memory, digestion) including immunity and anabolic steroids can have an immunosuppressive effect on your over all health and ability to fight illness. Couple that with the fact that most people go to community gyms where members sneeze and cough without covering their mouths, use the washroom without washing their hands, and often do NOT wipe the equipment down after their use, it should also come as no surprise that you may be sick on occasion during cycles - especially longer cycles. As Lunk said, PCT time!!!
    Man it kills me to go to the gym with people hacking, snorting and coughing everywhere. Regardless if you "feel" like you can workout, have the respect of others and stay out.

Ok, I'm off to the vent thread.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouslifter
    now im just curious why to start PCT? anyways i would be starting PCT in 14 days from last injection anyway since long esters. i was going to stop deca 2 weeks before test enth. i dont want to mess anything up and just stop because of a little cold or something. each day i feel better and its only been 2 days.
    Did we miss something here? You said you are almost 14 weeks into your cycle. 12 weeks is plenty. You started the thread asking for input and opinions. Lunk has already said 12 weeks is generally an appropriate cycle length. Do people go longer? Of course. Is longer better? Not necessarily.

If you're feeling ill and you're past 12 weeks, starting your PCT and letting your body recover would be an excellent decision as already suggested.

It's your body. You can go 16 weeks if you want. Just don't understand why you would start a thread if your intent was to go until 16 weeks anyway. Seems somewhat pointless to start a tread if you are set on following through with your original plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Diamond

Man it kills me to go to the gym with people hacking, snorting and coughing everywhere. Regardless if you "feel" like you can workout, have the respect of others and stay out.

Ok, I'm off to the vent thread.
    My pet peeve as well. Only thing worse than sick people at the gym are the ones that can't follow simple hygiene practices and wash their damn hands when they're done using the toilet. Damn pigs.

Kills me that ppl think the the hormone is not having any affect until they "feel" it. It's active in the bloodstream very quickly (even long ester) and is working within a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1
    Kills me that ppl think the the hormone is not having any affect until they "feel" it. It's active in the bloodstream very quickly (even long ester) and is working within a few days.
    Same concern I have when people argue for reduced recovery time between cycles because they "feel" fine. It's what you don't feel and see that can be more deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    Same concern I have when people argue for reduced recovery time between cycles because they "feel" fine. It's what you don't feel and see that can be more deadly.
    Like a well trained sniper lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1

Like a well trained sniper lol
    Now you're speaking my language!

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    a lot of people dont even go to the gym on gear, they use steroids and binge drink while they sell drugs in night clubs.

not sure how a cold would effect your cycle. I take a week off during my cycles eat the same. Nothing changes.

if you are not changing compounds and increasing dosages on long cycles myostatin will rear its ugly head and limit your gains. You will become so water logged that when you lose the water you will go into a body dismorphia depression because u look small and the scales say you lost 30lbs so you will just jump back on in a hurry with what ever gear you have sitting around and so begins the steroid abuse .

Quote Originally Posted by mockery View Post
    a lot of people dont even go to the gym on gear, they use steroids and binge drink while they sell drugs in night clubs.

not sure how a cold would effect your cycle. I take a week off during my cycles eat the same. Nothing changes.

if you are not changing compounds and increasing dosages on long cycles myostatin will rear its ugly head and limit your gains. You will become so water logged that when you lose the water you will go into a body dismorphia depression because u look small and the scales say you lost 30lbs so you will just jump back on in a hurry with what ever gear you have sitting around and so begins the steroid abuse.
    and this is saying what to stop at 14 weeks like others have said or just continue as I was going to to 16 weeks? The problem is if i fully stop now i am stopping deca and enth at sametime. i wanted to stop deca 2 weeks before.

Thread Information