Slavetourmoma is offline New Member

Steroid Testing for Division 2 football

Hi guys. wondering if anyone knew for sure how division 2 tests their players. ANy information here would be great. I awesume its more lax the nD-1 but I don't know.

j.j. is offline Associate Member
    I believe that they don't, but I would check the NCAA Div. II website and they should tell you if it is mandatory. But, I think some schools are to small and can't afford the extra expense. But check the website for the NCAA and it should tell you.

jleighty17 is offline Associate Member
    i know they do test but i dont know how often
    JLI

I know they test, but when, how, how often, these are the things I'm looking for. I have a family friend who will join up this fall but he should be cleaned out by mid to late August, I 'm trying to find out if thats soon enough

I know W Texas A&M does, but it was only once at the beginning of the year. Depends on the size of the program and the financial state it is in, so do your research online.

wood is offline Associate Member
    S0ome schools do and some don't. I talked to our Athletic trainer at school, which is DII, and he told me that most small schools don't do it b/c it's not cost effective. Since the trainers have to do the test randomly and the tests cost so much they can't catch enough people on AS to justify to the shool board or headman to enforce AS Testing.

Now if you make to the playoffs the NCAA can test you and who ever they want granted its still random, but they have the money to test many people from a team. I would make sure if you're going to use AS that you see when playoffs are and plan a cycle based on detection times.

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Bro, D 2 tests. Every school will test. D 3, NAIA. Everyone. Bro you need to get a de-tox shake. Trust me the school has enough money for the tests. Unlike what others said it costs the schools almost nothing to test.

Colossus is offline New Member
    It really depends on your school. I play for a rather high profile d1aa school and we never get tested by the school, only by the ncaa, once a year, and only a few "randomly" selected guys.. now our school does randomly drug test, but only for marijuana and ephedrine. I know the ncaa does test d2, i have buddies in D3 and they've never been tested by the ncaa. But i do believe some schools take it upon themselves to test.

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Most schools would not go out of their way to test kids. Why would a coach want a star player off his team because he tested positive. NCAA would do all the testing, why does yourschool test for ephedrine that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard. They also test for caffine.

I know there are some post game tests for ephedrine, caffiene and amphetamines. I am not worried about those. I am however worried about him getting tested in August. So really what I'm looking for right now, is what is the earliest he could get tested, and is that in August, thanx

Talked to a buddy who plays DII and he say not only does his school test, but the NCAA comes around twice a year and does random test. But, from experience it depends on the size of the school and how much revenue that team generates.

So, will a redshirt freshman get tested in August, lets assume the school tests.

Thread Information