AtomicWedgie is offline New Member

Aproaching another AS User in public

Question, There are a few guys at the gym who I know of who are on AS. I don't feel conformable carrying on a conversation of any topic at the gym, I just go there to work out, but there are a few guys who do frequent some clubs, bars, ect who don't go to my gym and they DO show signs of AS usage.

Lets say that you AND him both have the appearnace of AS usage.

Is there any thing "taboo" about approaching or being approached by another fellow AS user who you don't know personally and exchange notes, tips, experiences, ect?

Is there any code of conduct among us?

Has anyone ever been approached by another Bro and struck up a candid chat of "Body Building" if you know what I mean? Or do we just keep our mouth shut to those we don't know personally?

Do you tend to attract MORE friends at the gym or elsewheres once you start to show signs of gear?

Thanks for your comments.

flexgolf is offline Member
    well i think the guys that show signs of gear...are the big ones and they are definitely more popular than most. those guys (on gear) will talk to you about anything general. but i wouldnt bring up gear-related topics unless you know them. if i were u and u wanted to discuss gear with them, first meet them, talk about general weightlifting shit. ask for a tip (whether you need it or not). get to know the guy by asking him a few things. example; how long have u been training?, do you reccomend dumbell or barbell bench? leave by asking his name....and remember it. try to make sure he remembers your name for next time. do this a few times. buddy up with him. eventually bring up topics related to gear. like "man ive been plateaued for a while now, i just can get over the hump". but dont say anything about gear. youll have to ease your way into that. eventually you can ask him whether or not he knows of anything hardcore that can really help you out.

ok im done..if u want anything else from me just make another post on this thread

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    be carefull some people are touchy when strangers come up to them and straight ask them questions ,

palme is offline Rosie Member
    How about becoming friends with them first before you start asking?

bitchtits is offline Associate Member

DON'T

Just go up to these guys and start talking about gear. I hate it when people @ my gym thing they know me because they have seen me there for 6 years and come up to me when I am on and say" Damn you are looking good, what are you taking?" I feel like stuffing them in the nearest garbage can. People who take gear usually can tell when someone else is REALLY ON, so it's cool to eventually start talking about other things then start to talk about gear. It's kinda like a brother-hood if you will.
    -EC

AtomicWedgie is offline New Member
    I kind of agree with you bitchtits, if you are both sporting the same size frames then what's the sense of dancing around the subject, but as the others mentioned discretion is the more preferred method.

Although it would be very rude to walk up some someone and start questioning him about his AS use with out striking up a general conversation first to see how the reception is.

I guess I'd be more confortable out of the "gym" athmosphere, it seems almost impossible to hold a private conversation with out someone overhearing, where as in a club, bar, it's just the oppsite!

I guess it comes down to the size/build of the other, and how confortable I feel around him and if I know anything about him.

But in the end I guess you be very careful. Mother always told me NOT to talk to strangers.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    This is why you come to AR, right? so, you can ask knowledgable people about these subjects. I dont like to be approached in the gym by randoms....it just takes up my time and usually leads to pointless conversations. All my gym aquiantances are good for is a: hey what's up?, How ya doing?, and for helping each other out with a spot here and there.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    yeah - I have some conversations occasionally - but mosstly I am there to get in and then out or I am passed out between sets and cant talk anyway:

Easiest line to open the subject - "you have to watch those back/shoulder zits or they can become serious and scar - test and dbol will do that to you - you also might want to take some arimdex for that bloat or you will never cut up before summer" I cant help but snort anytime I see someone with the zits in the wrong places - can tell right away

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    This is why I always have a cd player with me and the headphones on even if the bateries are dead. I'm there to train!

Last week in the lockers, as I come out of the shower and head back to my locker, these 2 kids not much older than 16 are at a locker near mine and I can hear them talking in low voices.

One kid tells the other "Ask him ask him!", the other responds "But how do you know that guy has stuff?", "Well duh, it's obvious, and look at the spots on his butt man!" (well ok, fina eod means lots of pinholes!) This goes on for a few minutes.

I ignored them for a while (trying damm hard not to laugh), but finally I looked up right at them, winked and said "you boys like looking at my butt?" Have you ever seen kids turn redder than a ripe tomato?

In the end they had to sit thru my "You're too young kid, steroids are bad for you mmmmkay?" speech, and I gave one of them the url to AR and told 'em to do some damm research.

So kids (and you know who you are), 2 things... 1 read this board and stay clear of gear, and 2 don't worry I'm not gay or a ped, your ass is safe

And to stay on topic, I would also not like it if some bro at the gym called me on my gear use. Outside the gym, well thats another story... I got nothing to hide, but it depends on who is doing the asking.

Red

arby is offline Associate Member
    It depends on the situation....... some guys I have seen at the gym, that I know who they are and so on, I wouldn't hesitate to go right up to, but only if I needed help with something specific. Like say if I had a surprise case of gyno and I needed some nolva for a few days until I had my shipment coming in.
    What else would you really talk to them about? You can do much more effective research by yourself.

RB

BullFX is offline Junior Member
    why woudl u even wana ask those guysany thing.. 99% of them dont know jack shit...

Tephlon is offline New Member
    some people won't care, others will. all depends on the individual imo.

for me Id be offended and reply with "Are you a narc?"

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    I can relate to this...

This guy came right up to me and started talking about AS...I looked him right in the eyes and said "Fucking pound sand!" I was totally clean at the time. That takes a lot of balls to do...and I was furious that he said something in public. IMHO...keep things like AS to yourself. People are always paranoid. He may think you're calling him out. Besides we all don't want to open about AS...to some of us it's still taboo. Respect that!

Jarod is offline Associate Member
    I knopw exactly how you feel...saw a guy at the mall when i was at gnc, had nice size and frame and he was wearing muscle shirt but when he turned around, GOD DAMN, ZITSVILLE USA
    Originally posted by CYCLEON
    yeah - I have some conversations occasionally - but mosstly I am there to get in and then out or I am passed out between sets and cant talk anyway:

Easiest line to open the subject - "you have to watch those back/shoulder zits or they can become serious and scar - test and dbol will do that to you - you also might want to take some arimdex for that bloat or you will never cut up before summer" I cant help but snort anytime I see someone with the zits in the wrong places - can tell right away

halifaxsteve is offline Member
    Originally posted by Tephlon
    some people won't care, others will. all depends on the individual imo.

for me Id be offended and reply with "Are you a narc?"
    unless we're both sporting signs of AS use...i'd smell a narc and tell you to fuck off...

if you must...make friends first, then maybe ask some questions...

Jarod is offline Associate Member
    Exactly, this is not the 70's or early 80's......people are busted and do time just for having a small amount .....hell they are aresting people and sending them to jail just for marijuana these days......I know that I would not appreciate you coming up to me and just asking and hell i would totally deny it.

i would want to see full blown signs that you are using and then I would get to know you real good, especially what you do for a living and see some proof of that, before I would discuss anything with you and even then it is a big IF, because you could be an informer.

You have to be paranoid these days...

Originally posted by halifaxsteve

unless we're both sporting signs of AS use...i'd smell a narc and tell you to fuck off...

if you must...make friends first, then maybe ask some questions...

daVinci is offline New Member
    When I work out out, I always blast my headphones and try not to pay attention to anyone and concentrate on my workout. Do not talk to me (unless you are an attractive female) or say anything more than "what's up?" or "are you all through here?" or "how may sets left?" Otherwise, I'll probably just give you a blank look until you walk away. If we're friends, it's a different story, but until then, do your own thing. (Even if we are friends, keep it short, I'm here to work out and I'll talk to you later)

chevy44 is offline Member
    "could i offer u a d-bol?" ........if a stranger asked me about AS i would tell them taht drugs are BAD!!!!!!!!

Thread Information