big N is offline Anabolic Member

DEBATE GH injections am or pm ??

i hoping to get a good debeat goin here on wehn is best ti inject GH am or pm right beofre bed ,ive read several artcicles that suggest botha ways are fine ,theres really no clear awnser ,but form what ive been researching and looking stuff up it seems ro that injects in the am are better ,and wont inhibit ur nbatural GH u release within the first two hours of ur sleep .

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    I haven't started mine yet, but when I do, I was planning 2iu/am and 2iu/pm.

pm meanimg afternoon or before bed time ?

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    The plan is 6:30am when I wake up and 6pm right before I go to the gym. I go to sleep around 11pm.

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    you know my opinion on this bro, if your body starts to produce growth for the first 3 hours or so of your sleep then it would be counter productive to run it like that, i know alot of people are going to say different, but i still think it should be shot in the morning...Madmax

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Im gonna do AM IV shots and PW (midafternoon/evening) sub-Q shots

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I think the 6pm injection could cause problem, you could be shutting down your natural hgh release.

I think it depends on your age and what time your going to inject. If hgh can shut you down for 6-12 hours, I've read studys saying both so, say it's 6 if you do a shot 5 hours before you go to sleep your shut down for your night time release.

For me before bed is what I'm doing, your body is designed for hgh at this time. With the depot being the newest addtion to hgh and all the reports of how great it is, it would seem if your going to do day time injection you might as well do one before bed too. Because if your doing 2 injection in the day the possibility of you being shut down are going to be high then if you just did an am injection.

I think it is open and what ever works for you do that.

JohnnyB

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey bro, u know how i feel on this subject also. seems like JohnnyB and me think the same.

OG

Originally posted by JohnnyB
    I think the 6pm injection could cause problem, you could be shutting down your natural hgh release.

I think it depends on your age and what time your going to inject. If hgh can shut you down for 6-12 hours, I've read studys saying both so, say it's 6 if you do a shot 5 hours before you go to sleep your shut down for your night time release.

For me before bed is what I'm doing, your body is designed for hgh at this time. With the depot being the newest addtion to hgh and all the reports of how great it is, it would seem if your going to do day time injection you might as well do one before bed too. Because if your doing 2 injection in the day the possibility of you being shut down are going to be high then if you just did an am injection.

I think it is open and what ever works for you do that.

JohnnyB

skii96 is offline Member
    Im no expert but if you are doing a lower dose of GH 2-4iu's then i think right b4 bed is best like JB said above. But i think when doing higher doses anywhere from 6 and up you are best to split them up according to your schedule.

The Butcher is offline Member
    Big N, are you drunk, or are your hands so heavily muscled now that you can't type well?

Anyway, I have noticed that PM seems to be most effective for me. I have run it all three ways (AM/PM, AM only, PM only) and have noticed that PM only works best for me. However, Skii makes a good point. I usually took 4iu in the PM(right before bed), but I think that if I was going to do 6 or 8iu, I would split it up evenly AM/PM. Oh, and for me, nothing under 4iu seems to be effective. Spliting each little serostim bottle up into 4 shots instead of 5 was the most effective for me.

butch my fuckin fingers are numb from the GH ,any way ,pm is desighned for maybe older guys (u know who u are ),beeing that the older u get the less ur body produces,well u do it at night so it actually mimicking ur natural release.but it will supress ur nat release ,why not take advantage of it > am ur levels are the lowest ,and by th time u go to bed then ur nut shut down anymore taking advantage of ur nat ,gh release aswell.BTW, In my opinion GH injection before bedtime are to be avoided for maximum bodybuilding/athletic results.

Why?

Because that's when your natural GH output is at its highest. If you inject GH at this time your body won't release any GH on its own.

HOWEVER if you inject way before, and that there is no GH left in your body when comes bed time, you will still get that natural GH burst. This way you can get 3 daily GH bursts!

Now, those recommending pre-bedtime injections are those who take all their info from the pharmaceutical/therapeutic use of GH. Remember that the "official" use of GH is for individuals who do not secrete GH. So they take GH to mimick the natural body cycle (which is to release GH at night). This is fine an well for this purpose, but for maximum bodybuilding results you will want to use GH in a way that will not blunt your natural night spike.

Provided that there is an insulin spike (either from insulin injection - 3-4IU for each IU of GH) or from a carbs meal GH will have anabolic and anti-catabolic effects.

The fact that you grow while resting as much more to do with the hormonal response that occurs (which we can mimick) and by the fact that your body has a very low caloric expenditure (so most of the body ressources can be diverted to protein synthesis, muscle repair and restoration of the energy stores).

By using GH post-workout you can really increase the adaptive response and especially your recovery from your workout (hence increase your gains). Furthermore the fact that a good post-workout meal contains a lot of carbs and proteins (thus leads to an increase in insulin) will potentiate the effect of GH.

And with two daily injection + a night spike you really get the most out of your GH cycle without having to use monster doses (2 x 2IU is sufficient, some might go as high as 2 x 3IU).

Which brings me to an important point:

GH loses much of its efficacy (as far as building muscle) if you are on a low-carbs diet.

Here's from a scientific paper on the use of GH for sports improvement (Sonksen PH, Insulin, growth hormone and sport. Journal of Endocrinology, 2001, 170, 13-25):

"Without insulin, GH loses much if not all of its anabolic action. GH and IGF-1 stimulate protein synthesis directly, while insulin is anabolic through inhibiting protein breakdown. The anabolic action of both GH and IGF-1 appears to be mediated throught induction of amino acid transporters in the cell membrane (...)"

The important point being that those who do not get much out of GH might not be consuming enough carbs. Unless you want to inject insulin (which is not a safe practice IMHO) you have to ingest a significant amount of carbs to get an insulin spike high enough to make GH effective.

However if GH is used *only* for fat-loss (which is idiotic IMHO as there are much cheaper alternative to fat loss) GH and a low-carbs diet are probably fine. But for my money, I want all I can get from GH!
    that was a article form over at steriodology

The Butcher is offline Member
    JB and I discussed this pretty extensively, and I agree with alot of what the article has to say. However, my own personal experiences have been that pre-bedtime gh shots are most effective. Granted, many other factors could have come into play, but that's just what worked for me. I think next time I try gh, I'll try it with an AM slin shot and see how that works. Sounds to me (judging from what your post said Big N) like that would be the most effective way to use it. But, I think I need to win the lotto or something so I can afford to take the shit!

Thread Information