MODO is offline Associate Member

Hypothyroidism: questions about Synthroid replacement during cycle

Hey everyone,

Just in the planning phase for a new cycle. I have one specific question that I want this thread to be targeted towards:

I have an almost completely inactive thyroid gland (or maybe even totally inactive) and am on lifelong full replacement Synthroid . I was wondering if I take testosterone , and eventually pct, are there any interactions in the body that I need to be worried about? Does a higher test level and/or pct effect free T4/T3 levels? Will cycling make my current synthroid dose less or more effective? Is there anything I need to be concerned about?

All input welcome, but it would be really nice to hear from other hypothyroidism-ers out there who cycle. What has your experience been regarding your synthroid dose during cycle/pct?

-MODO

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    I have the exact same thing as you op I've been on synthroid for 4 years. I'm not sure why but certain compounds seem to make the synthroid less effective.Test never seems to affect it but tren was the worst. Some of the medical experts here may be able to explain why.

I don't have to run pct so I'm not sure if that will affect it or not.
    Last edited by diesel101; 01-29-2014 at 07:50 PM.

(oops, didn't mean to click reply just then <------noob)
    Last edited by MODO; 01-29-2014 at 07:44 PM. Reason: posted in error

Thanks diesel. I'm only considering test cyp right now so this is good to hear. But when you say some compounds make it less effective, do you mean you started getting hypothyroid symptoms or did you notice something on a blood test?

Also, any problems with PCT?
    Last edited by MODO; 01-29-2014 at 07:45 PM. Reason: clarity

I started to notice some symptoms at about week 4-5 of test and tren cycle
    so I had blood work done.I have it checked quite often anyways(every 8 weeks at least).
    Last edited by diesel101; 01-29-2014 at 07:55 PM.

I'm on a fairly high dosage not sure if that would make any difference. I'm on trt so I'm not sure about pct.

ok thanks, maybe I will start my cycle so that I'm halfway through it when my routine bloodwork comes around. I usually check it every 3 months before refilling my prescription

Anyone have hypothyroidism-pct experience?

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Never had problems with the thyroid and gear. I got off the synthroid and on armor thyroid a more natural product with good results..
    Just keep an eye on it or more so the symptoms and blood work if indicated

Quote Originally Posted by fit2bOld View Post
    Never had problems with the thyroid and gear. I got off the synthroid and on armor thyroid a more natural product with good results..
    Just keep an eye on it or more so the symptoms and blood work if indicated
    Armor hey? Na I'm too afraid to rock the boat with my thyroid. I get fatigued even when my TSH hits 3.8. Anyway, I suppose I will just press forth cautiously and do a mid cycle bloodwork.

Thanks all.

Squirtster1989 is offline New Member
    Did you do a cycle of test? If yes did it affect your thyroid at all?

Yes I did do a cycle test only with hcg and full pct. At no point did I need to change my synthroid dose. My TSH was stable throughout.

What type of test or does it matter? and did you see good gains? I've been hypothyroid for 10 years (I'm now 25) so it's really hard trying to find what I can take without screwing up my thyroid all over again. Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtster1989
    What type of test or does it matter? and did you see good gains? I've been hypothyroid for 10 years (I'm now 25) so it's really hard trying to find what I can take without screwing up my thyroid all over again. Thanks for the info
    The type of test won't make a difference. I'm assuming your thyroid is toast and you take a full t4 replacement? Stick with 500 mg test at the most and do a proper pct and your thyroid dose should be unaffected.

Myself, I had awesome gains and kept a ton. I cycles before being hypo thyroid and after years later. I found the pct and recovery after taking synthroid and being hypothyroid to be WAY easier, and I retained way more gains. I think maybe we have it easy since our thyroid is at a constant equilibrium from supplementing, so that's one less horomone to go wacky in pct. Also there is a relationship between test and t3... but that is getting far fetched...

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, don't worry about it.

Thanks I really appreciate the info!

anytime

Thread Information