Thread: Lump on Delt

Ozzy is offline Senior Member

Unhappy Lump on Delt

I did a delt shot on Friday and I still have this lump the size of a small golf ball. It's not red or hot to the touch and just a little sore and really hard. I had one on my glute about a month ago that lasted for a couple of weeks and went away.
    I posted 2 weeks ago thinking I had an abscess from my first bicep shot that resulted in a false alarm and I'm hoping this is as well. Ok...call me a hypocondriact (spelling). Better to be safe than sorry....that's what I love about this board and grateful for a place to get questions answered with out a flame. What do you bro's think ?

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    yeah, it is more than likely just a lump from the oil but watch it over the next week. If it becomes red and swells up then I would look into visiting a doc, maybe try and drain the fluid yourself first. Probably nothing though, wouldn't worry about it.

Will penacillin work on taking it away? It's a friggin lump and is quite visble.

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    I really doubt penacillin will stop the swelling, it might even irritate the area. All you can do is wait it out, maybe try the heating/icing method with an ice pack and heating pad.

H BOMB is offline Senior Member
    i had one in my delt once from moving the needle around and i guess i bruised the shit out of it.

it was better in about 4 days.

now about 3 years ago i had one on the glute and that one was red and swollen. i went to the doc and he gave me an anti biotic. it went away in a week.

just watch and see. don't make your self nutz though

what size pin are you using?

for your delt a 25g 5/8- 1' work great

23g 1 1/2............but I obviously don't go all the way in.

get some 25g for your delts you will like them much more

Hell....it takes long enough to inject 2cc with 23g

that could be the problem. i only put 1 cc in a small muscle and the slower the better.

what are you using. i have no problem putting the eq,primo,or prop through a 25g

NEO-OEN is offline Associate Member
    I did 1cc of sust in the Tri last week and I got the same thing. I had a lump for about 6 days. I loved it tho, My tricep looked massive. Screw plastic surgery, just insert large masses of oil..hahaha.. Good luck Oz man.

The Butcher is offline Member
    Massage the spot a couple of times a day for a few days. And I don't mean lightly. It will go down. It's just the oil sitting in one place.

Nickleby is offline Junior Member
    Yup...like the Butcher said....massage it a few times a day and put a hot towel on it for a while. I had one is my ass a few months ago, so I drew a hot bath, soaked in it for about 20 minutes, then massaged it for a day or so. Gone. Easier than silk.

Cheers dude.

P.S. Just don't let anyone walk into the bathroom when you're massaging your ass. Hard to explain that one.

Thanks for the help guy's.........I'll give it a couple of days and see what happens. It does have the shape like there is a bunch of oil stuck in one place , but hell this shot was done last Friday !!

Slypknot is offline Member
    I actually had one lump last for close to 2 weeks...I was freaked. Damn thing was hard as a rock in the beginning and sore as hell. But it eventually went down. I found that the more I fucked with it the worse it looked (red, inflamed, etc just from pounding on it). I ended up just leaving it alone, spending a lot of time in the hot-tub and icing it every other day....FINALLY went away.

The cause? In my case I simply did not inject deep enough...was using a 1inch in my glutes...

Slypknot....I just may not have gone deep enough , that could be the culprit.

H-Bomb....I'm using Sus/Eq 2cc e injection

keep us posted.

i have heard some people have problems with sust but not eq.

also another reason that i only go 1 cc in each delt is bc my delts aren't really that big and they never get that big. even when i was 215 it seemed like my delts were smaller than everything else.

now my buddy has huge ones and he will put 2-3cc in one no problem.

in my op don't shoot in that one till it gets better or you could make it worse.

get some 1 inchers so you don't have to guess. 1 inch in the delt is plenty unless you have a ton of bf.

try it with 1 cc next time.

hope you feel better bro

Thread Information